News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod idea - Storage and deco boats and ships

Started by Gatherer, October 09, 2018, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Quote from: embx61 on November 03, 2018, 12:08:29 AM
Maybe some later we can add some more stuff to it like storage or even do that thing what CC does.
It can generate some "fancy" stuff out of thin air, in CC Whale blubber I think, so it acts like the ship is traveling to get resources but maybe a long work time to not OP it?

If Gatherer want it I can make the ship as deco as start to have at least the ship in the game.
He also has to tell me if he thinks the size is okay.

Personally I wouldn't be interested in more different products to fill town hall and trader inventory. Perhaps rum like there is in Kid's Pirate mod. Other than that just basic stuff we already have: food, alcohol, salt, textiles, spices, tools and clothes, logs, iron, etc...

And the ship size looks perfect to me.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

I agree, I mentioned Whale Blubber because this is what CC does with the ships but does not mean we have to take Blubber too.
It was to mention the basic idea of what CC does with their ships.

But I am open for any idea players come up with to make use of the ship.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on November 02, 2018, 11:49:46 PM
Maybe we all can work together on this. I can not open .max (3DS Max) files.
I need someone to download and convert to .3ds or .fbx

Here are some more models. Their download pages say they are in 3ds file format.

Boat that can perhaps be converted to storage and carry some barrels, boxes or logs (Perhaps even a water based log dealer to supply DS jetty splitter for example.):

http://open3dmodel.com/download/craft-3d-model_3620.html

Four sail ships:

http://open3dmodel.com/download/classic-sailing-vessel-3d-model_2255.html

http://open3dmodel.com/download/ship-3d-model-2_2259.html

http://open3dmodel.com/download/corsair-3d-max-model-free_21136.html

http://open3dmodel.com/download/sailing-vessel-3d-model_2307.html
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Quote from: embx61 on November 03, 2018, 04:14:38 AM
I agree, I mentioned Whale Blubber because this is what CC does with the ships but does not mean we have to take Blubber too.
It was to mention the basic idea of what CC does with their ships.

But I am open for any idea players come up with to make use of the ship.

Understood. I was just pointing out that I don't want to see this become a way to introduce more and more items. Naturally there will be people asking for it but I think we should just keep it simple. That way it will be compatible with more mods without special fixes and adjustments.
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

Most definitely these ships should remain basic and simple, decorative and storage, and not overlarge, they should fit on rivers. So everyone who wants to can use them.  Also nothing that require them to be used with other mods.  Kid and I have already been discussing this ship mod while working on OTP&P. 

One good purpose for ship would be as a boarding house for new arrivals, but I think as an arrival point itself they might end up standing in the water.

brads3

how far do you all want to take this? arrival-a decorated shipwreck. you could do a ship in parts so 1 part is storage and 1 is a boardinghouse as ABANDONED suggested for the start bannies.

what about taking ideas from the railroad mod and use them to buy and sell items? this could be done with coins or items as in trade or exchange ales out and in logs. both concepts have been implemented to the game before.

Abandoned

:) Hi @brads3, definitely not that far like railroad and coins or production.  As I said we were thinking of basic, plain and simple, to add a few more ships for those who do not want to use the whole OTP&P mod, deco and storage as Gatherer also suggested.  Boarding house a possibility, but probably no start conditions. 

I was merely questioning size and color preferences, not committing Kid to a major project.  And as started at the beginning, Kid is working on a few other things at present so it will be sometime in the future if Kid wants to do it.  There would be more chance of getting plain and simple addon then anything more complex.  So I am getting opinions  :) and taking notes for when and if a mod will be done.

Would others want start conditions?

Would another pirate ship be wanted?
Or pirate ship as storage?

What about warehouse type ships?

Gatherer

I'd like to see many different kind of storage ships: general and specialized storage, warehouse type, market type for resources similar to Kid's Log Depot mod,... Not just ships but also smaller boats and rafts.
Fiat panis.

brads3

some of the wharehousing and trading can be done with dock buildings, and use the ships and boats as deocrative pieces.this is a wide open area that could open more ideas.hence why i said how far does anyone want to take it?

i do thik 2 concepts that were added to the game can be expanded on. 1 is the railroad and indian trading post ideas. to more direct market goods in and out instead of waiting for merchant boats and the random goods they bring.
      the other concept is KID's ww housing idea.where we have town styled buildings that act as houses like the post office or undertaker.many times new players ask for a shop and this would be a way to bring different ideas without adding to the inventory.they don't all have to function as houses either.a restaraunt or coffee house can be a market or storage. a diner,barber shop..... was a neat way to bring more to the game but keeping things simple still too. 

Gatherer

Quote from: brads3 on November 03, 2018, 09:09:53 AM
the other concept is KID's ww housing idea.where we have town styled buildings that act as houses like the post office or undertaker.many times new players ask for a shop and this would be a way to bring different ideas without adding to the inventory.they don't all have to function as houses either.a restaraunt or coffee house can be a market or storage. a diner,barber shop..... was a neat way to bring more to the game but keeping things simple still too. 

What about a hospital ship?
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@Gatherer

Small or medium sized specialized storage rafts or barges would be cool  8) with logs, stone, barrel, or crates on them depending on what they specialize.

Hospital ship as if patients were in quarantine, hmm, Maybe would not be used as much as other ships.

Definitely ships and smaller boats, hopefully rafts.

@brads3 Kid made the warehouse ports in Old Town Ports & Pirates so that any deco ship or boat could be used, they look like trading posts but aren't.

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on November 03, 2018, 04:52:36 AMMost definitely these ships should remain basic and simple, decorative and storage, and not overlarge, they should fit on rivers. So everyone who wants to can use them.  Also nothing that require them to be used with other mods.

That's so true - there is plenty room in Banished for items that are decorative, for setting a mood... some ships (and a lot of small boats ;) will go a long way...

OTP&P is a great mod with good ideas, great to see a little addon pack that just expands on that basic idea without too many frills and fringes...  ;-)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Thanks @Paeng , that is what we thought.  OTP&P got a little bigger, okay a lot bigger,  :) than we at first thought it would be. Since they shared so many of the same buildings and resources we put Ports an Pirates together rather than separate.  Having more ships to use with or without OTP&P would be nice.   :)

Gatherer

Just for comparison here are all deco boats and ships available in MegaMod Deco Pack (all are ghosted and all have 45 degree variants).

Fiat panis.

Abandoned

nice, thank you  :)  Those small ones are really small.