News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4: Elbergen

Started by brads3, September 08, 2020, 07:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mod setup. adding CC Journey to the RKEC and DS IND mods.

i want to go thru how i set up the next map. someone had mentioned using CC Journey with the RKEC. i will move to the Kentucky,Tennesee area. land of country music,horse racing and whiskey where land flattens out from the Appalachian mountains to the Mississippi River and prairie.  this is south of the Ohio River,that many traveled down on houseboats on their way west.

i try to keep the base mod order the same. remove mods that won't be needed and add others.having a  base mod order helps a lot. the game keeps track of where in the order the other mods go.this will save having to remember all the conflicts and keeping the mods in their place as they are moved in and out of the WinData folder. the game will put them back in the order next time by itself,unless i delete the registry. it took way too much time to get this mod order where it is. it functions too well to mess it up now.

the mod manager makes this task so much easier and faster. we don't even have to load the game to do most of this. i will load the game after i reset the mods in the order to check the amount of memory being used. with  this computer,i can push it to about 80-90% usage and everything will work fine. with several larger mods, the RKEC,CC J, and DS IND, i will need to cut some losses.

we start with the mod order of Dubon. open the mod manager and WinData folder. disable all CC  mods that are included with the CC J.since i have the mods in a backup folder,i can delete these from the WinData folder.copy the CC J from the backup folder to the WinData folder. close and reopen the mod manager, no need to save the profile as the mods have been removed. the mod manager will reload with the CC J added but not enabled.enable the mod with the mod manager,click "write to game", then "save to file". took bout 10 mins with the mod manager. to load the game and enable the mod and reload would take longer.

this gives us the corn whiskey from KID's wild west mod and maple whiskey from the Pine mod. we have the trade animal mod from CC for horses.i then added KID's houseboat mod,copied over from the backup. since we are near Memphis and the Ohio River, i wanted to add those.i

i did load this to double check the memory being used. game loaded very slowly.total memory use is above 90%. so i went ahead and disabled EB's beach mods and RED's deocations mod. still needed more memory power,so i disabled DS housing mods- hovels,cabins,and Fulbert. then disabled EB's irrigation mods but left the decoration part on. the computer wasn't happy still,so i removed the train mods.   
total time around  an hour. did take the game a while to load so needed to remove more mods.

next trick will be to find a map with the river in the right spot. after much trail and error, we have a map with the river wrapping around to our north and west. i wish we had more rolling hills but this will have to do.

113 mods, RKEC,DS IND and traders,and CC Journey combined.

[Misc]
Description=RKEC DSIM  CC J|RK 1.3 K full setup||| 1.05 pine mod w/ Crystal Cliffs as a patch||improved  education
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
HappinessRadius=0
UnhappinessRadius=0
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
overrideUneducated=1
ProperTime=1
Norseman=0
banishedUImaps=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
SafetyHole=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSThompsonTradeMerchants=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSNeubertSmithShop=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBWinery=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
KidPortableMineRKEC=1
KidFarmyard=1
KidWorkshop=1
KidSettlersDeco=1
ChopChop=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
KidHouseBoat=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
college=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
TrainingCampMain=1
CityRoads=1
FlyFishing=1
Charburner=1
NordicWarehouse=1
Hunting=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
MarbleQuarry=1
Stable=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
ColonialCharterJ=1

brads3

ELBERGEN.4093631,woodland meadow valley, very large,fair climate,no disasters,and medium setting beans,watermelones,and raspberry 

goal- to show how well the 3 large mods will work together.build come horse ranches and horse tracks.work toward trading horses and whiskey.

with the large maps,i think a county map idea works well. thinking is this amount of land covers a county not just 1 city.then use forest areas between the towns.so i'll build a few different towns. and maybe a city for the Kentucky Derby. even with the mods i took out, i do have a ton of options to build with.  other than maybe a nomad  bridge we won't cross the river. we need to trade for oats,apples,corn,tobacco,  and the trade horses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we traveled down the small river stream on houseboats.10 of us with 9 children.this is where we found ourselves as the sun warmed things back up. it is now spring and we need to plant the beans and raspberry seeds.1 bannie caught trout from the river as the others cleared land and began building log cabins. while we work to build up a small start village,we  clear land to slowly work our way toward the main river.

a lookout tower is built to unt from and watch for any boats.in the fall,we stop clearing land to gather food.the bannies did trap some fox and otters even with the RK start. during the winter,a furrier hut is built to make pelt and fur clothing.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start and map
pic 3: houoseboats
pic 4: cabins
pic 5: fur tailor

brads3

YEAR 2 and 3

there are 2 twin girls in 1 of the houseboats. they will each need a house.1 was built near a pear tree. the farmyard will give us some corn and cabbages along with the pears.a mini toolsmith from KID's workplace mod was built which will make rough tools from the iron ore. we also have a  mini townhall. by summer, we had ate enough trout so our fisherman went to help the laborers. the start village added another storage barn over the winter.

in our 3rd year, a covered pile was added so we could continue clearing land toward the main river.

pic 1: houses for the young girls and a toolshith
pic 2: covered pile 

Abandoned

Correct me if I am wrong but Kid workplace does not have mini buildings and the workplace anvil does not use iron ore or make rough tools from iron ore. You must be confused with CC mini buildings.

brads3

mine does. hmm i do have the blacksmith tool mod above it.

Abandoned

oh of course, the old Blacksmith Tool mod.  :)  Perhaps you should say because of Blacksmith Tool mod, Kid Workplace toolsmith will make rough tools from iron ore.  Calling the toolsmith mini was misleading.  CC Mini Buildings and Kid Workplace are 2 different mods.

Good luck with new map  :)

brads3

KID workplace version 1.13. i do have KID's ploppable mine that he BS tool mod.. it can make a variety of tools including muskets.only KID mod known to do that is the RH. the CC J is way at the bottom of the order. several of KID's other blacksmiths will make wood and stone tools but not rough iron ore tools.the Rowhouse BS will do as the workplace 1.

to be even stranger,i do have the RKEC above the blacksmith tool mod. it has to be that way for the main BS to process iron from the ore.

there are a lot of KID mods in this order. some are very touchy about their place. the FO thatch mod helps houses use thatch as fuel. that has to be high in the order. the honey being used to make jam needs the Gothic Farm mod high as well.then the worshop mod is high in KID's group to get his toolbar icons as labels instead of the icons.

brads3

YEAR 4 and 5

the bannies are content. there is nothuing they need.firewood and tool limits were raised. it is peaceful and quiet here. some of the children are old enuf to help,so the work isn't too bad.in the fall they took time to  serach for herbs.

Memphis will be our trade town to the west. to the east will be a mine town and another town farther north.Louisville will be the mian town but i haven't decided where it will go.

a good size herd of bison waunders around us. we did send a quick hunter now and then to increase our leather.we don't overhunt them but didn't want them overunning our fields either. these are KID textures RK bison. they look wild but will spook easily.a hunter takes 1 or 2 of them and the rest will run off. not sure how RED coded that. 1 of the girls added a workplace tailor near the storage barn.

pic 1:overview
pic 2:bison herd
pic 3: workplace tailor

brads3

YEAR 6 and 7

a mid-aged couple arived. they were fishing along the stream when they came upon our village. we told them about the river to the west.the couple decided to stay and build a small house and fishing pier.

a KID forest is established to the south of the start village. we will need lumber for the CC buildings.this will supply the logs. a RK apiary will produce beeswax for candles. this will give us a trade good.

pic 1:1st nomad couple,fishing pier
pic 2: KID forest
pic 3: RK apiary
pic 4: candle shop

brads3

YEAR 8 and 9

a sawmill was constucted to cut lumber. we continued stretching the road and clearing more logs and rocks.

pic 1: sawmill
pic 2: road clearing

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

our population grew from 19 to 34. 1 nomad couple and we moved girls out of the houseboats at young ages. they have paired up well.there has been more girls born than male children. the bannies have stockpiled food with some quick hunting and gathering. to keep the young helpers busy, we sent them planting a KID forest. we will need the trees later. they worked ahead to stockpile caandles to trade and lumber.

country dirt roads will connect the towns and stone roads will be used for the larger cities. each of the girls planted a lilac bush.

goals for the next 10 years- get the trading started. hopefully more nomads will arrive to double our workforce. the plan is to stretch farms along the small river north and start a horse ranch across the river.slowly work our way to the 2 production areas.

no mod conflicts yet. i did notice part of the MyPrecious mod is included with the CC J,been awhile since i used it. the CC J is upgraded to 1.07 limits so i left the My Precious mod in since i am used to the way it stores the ores.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph

brads3

YEAR 10 and 11

the 2nd nomad couple arrived in early summer. they  too are in their late 40's.  they build a CC farm trade post along the main river. the candles,copper ore,some flowers ,and some herbs will be stocked at the trading post. we will have to work to have more trade goods. a holding pen is fenced to temporarily graze livestock.   

pic 1: CC farm trade post and a holding pen
pic 2: more clearing

brads3

YEAR 12 and 13

now that all the bannies have paired up, we will build a cabin to move the 13 yr old girl from the houseboats. she builds close to the forester. a KID fort tower hunter is used there to help boost the leather. it may be a slight cheat, but i think the guard tower will produce better with the lake so close.   a 10yr old female took the cabin. a 2nd was built and again a 10yr old girl moved in. a large colonial was constructed,our 3rd house of the year. she still refused to move from the houseboat. this time a 10yr old boy moved in. he wil stay til he turns 15.guess Valene will stay on the boat as she likes being rocked asleep by the water.

the 3rd nomad couple arrived in late spring.  they are younger than the others. being missionaries, they build a school and church.they want our children to grow up educated and cultured.

a merchant brought bison.we were able to afford 2. work began on a 16x30 pasture.

pic 1:forest cabins
pic 2: 3rd nomad couple,school,and chuch 

brads3

YEAR 14 to 17

the bison were moved to the new pasture. the missionary couple made a playground for the children.some planting of flowers and trees was completed. the hunting is paying off for us. we can send more fur and leather coats to the trade post.we continue to clear rocks and stockpile supplies.

we managed to trade for the tobacco seeds and corn seed.

to help any nomads arriving from the west, a drawbridge was constructed across the mighty river.we had our 1st death. the wife was helping her husband fish and fell in the river. she was unable to swim in the fast moving water.as the next couple paired up, Valene finally decided to move out from her parent's houseboat. her mother fears the 19 year old daughter will remain single. there is a lack of young males in our village.

pic 1: bison pasture
pic 2: playground
pic 3: drawbridge for nomads

brads3

YEAR 18 and 19

now that students are begining to graduate, we build 2 small colonial houses.  2   more girls move from the houseboats and plant tobacco.this will give us another trade good.

a couple arrive with a newborn. the nomad family builds a forester and plymouth house across the east river. the forest lies between the start village and a production town.

pic 1:tobacco field
pic 2: 2nd forest