News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Now I understand your placement. Hm. If the boats are using the path bits, then your diagonal bridges block the boats if these endpoints are not connected with water or blocked by another object. A direct solution would be only something like this:

String _pathBitmap =
"_#####
#_####
______
______
####_#
#####_";

I suspect citizens would not use these open tiles because there is not a useful path to their finish point. But they could do bungee jumping while idling on the bridge.^^ Another way can be to split the diagonal bridge in parts of 1x1 or 2x2 tiles. With 2x2 it would look like this:

_#   
#_   
  _#   
  #_
    _#
    #_

But it would mean a complicated toolbar. :-\

Gatherer

@Discrepancy

Any chance you can set the speed of the citizens on your bridge and jetty pieces to match that on the vanilla bridge?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Turis

Will you make your bridges as a standalone mod?

Discrepancy

Yes more than likely. They are getting too big for a small village...

Discrepancy

coming soon...

DS Small Village   v2

release: tba

**A few things to take note of:
  • Requires latest version of Banished 1.0.6
  • DS Small Village v2 will be a large mod, currently the working beta is 65mb - though this is likely to half in size after optimization.
  • v2 will NOT be save compatible with any earlier versions of DSSmallVillage.pkm
  • Jetty & Bridge parts will always be included in DSSV, but eventually they will also be split apart to have their own mod.
  • DS Small Village v2 will need to be high up the mod list for the New Game start options (above any other mods that add start conditions/climates/terrains etc).
  • Carrots & Brussels Sprouts have been added as Crop seeds to DSSV (Carrots.pkm & BrusselSprouts.pkm by Discrepancy will not be needed when playing with DSSV v2).

Just some of the NEW things that will be in v2:

DSSV specific Start Conditions: Easy / Easy-Farmers / Easy-Crops / Easy-Orchards / Easy-Herdsman / Medium /Harder / Stranded / Jack & Jill
+ Terrains: Plains / Mountain Lakes
+ Climates: Cool Temperate / Extreme

New Buildings:
Village School (employs 1 teacher, educates up to 20 students)
Village Tailor (employs 1-2 tailors)
Small Village Cemetery, has an alternate fence, min size = 5x5, max 15x15.
New Tombstone styles for both the Village Cemeteries (cemeteries will use a mix of vanilla tombstones also).

Buildings Altered:
Narrow & General Warehouse storage variants - there are now options to individually store all the separate storage flags in these barns.
Added Angle variant of the 'medieval' Village Well.
Added 2 reverse Bee Shelter location variants.
Village Chapel - increased building size, larger footprint 5x8.

New Village Stone Bridge:
New modular Village Stone Bridge:
2x6 entry/exit Ramp + F-key variants.
2x3 piece with upright + F-key variants.
2x2 extension + F-key variants.
2x2 ext fishing spot.

New Jetty & Bridges:
New 2nd 'Grey' texture variant for all jetty components.
Added some new Higher Level jetty pieces. These are approx. 1.2m above ground (similar height to Village Stone Bridge).
Drawbridge, 4x1 'finished' - using stone/with completed crossing planks.
Drawbridge, 6x1 - larger variant.
Village Wooden Bridges: 6x1, 6x2 + 1x1 & 1x2 extension pieces + diagonal variants (BETA).
Added other selected diagonal Jetty & bridge components (BETA).
Jetty Fruit & Veg Market Wagon, 2x2, (1000weight), 1-2 vendors.
Jetty Fishing, 3x3 fishing spot for 1-2 fisherman.
Added Jetty well for fire fighting
Jetty Cnr, added alternative plank direction F-key variant.
Jetty 1x1 alternate 'mitre-joint' piece.
Jetty Merchants added: Food Trader / General Trader.
Jetty Storage options added: 1x1 (200weight), 1x1 walkable (100weight), 2x2 (800weight), 2x3 (1200weight).

the Mountain Lakes terrain is very challenging. Little available area for farming, the mountain regions are dominant, and deep lakes between. With Extreme weather, the winters are long and cold.

plus more to come on some other new additions...

elemental

Your teaser pics look great. I've been playing with your earlier beta and I really like the new darker jetty/dock/bridge set. Can't wait to see what else you've added.

DesoPL

No seriously... We need even more now megamod updated!

TheOtherMicheal

I'm really looking forward to V2, love the different bridges & jetties!  8)

Nilla

I'm looking forward to test this one. Your things have bin really good so far, no doubt this upgrade is, too. I'm also pleased to see that you try to make some more challenging options. Only one problem...........
All you good modders develop new things in a speed, that even a sick old lady, with much free time can't follow.  :-\ ;)

Discrepancy

I was hoping to have a completed DSSV v2 for release this year, but I know that that isn't going to happen.

So, I have put together a pre v2 beta release.

DS Small Village pre-v2beta9:
Additions & Changes:

added:
DSSV Start Conditions: Easy/Easy-Farmers/Easy-Crops/Easy-Orchards/Easy-Herdsman/Medium/Harder/Stranded/JackAndJill
DSSV Terrains: Plains/Mountain Lakes
DSSV Climates: Cool Temperate/Extreme
Village School - 1 teacher, 20 students.
Village Tailor - 1-2 tailors.
Small Village Cemetery, alternate fence, min 5x5 - max 15x15.
Added 8 new Tombstone styles for the Village Cemeteries.
Crops: Imperator Carrots, Brussels Sprouts (same resource as Carrots v2 & Brussels Sprouts v2)
Narrow & General Warehouse storage variants - options to individually store all the separate storage flags.
Angle variant of the 'medieval' Village Well.
Added 2 Bee Shelter location variants.
New modular Village Stone Bridge - 2x6 entry/exit Ramp, 2x3 piece with upright, 2x2 extension, 2x2 ext fishing spot.
Second texture variant for all jetty components.
Added selected new Higher Level jetty pieces. These are approx. 1.2m above ground.
Jetty Fishmonger - takes 'Fish' resource and sorts and cleans to produce: Bass, Bream, Carp, Cod, Eel, Mullet, Perch, Pike, Salmon, Tench, Trout.
Jetty Firewood Splitter - 2x2, employs 1 woodcutter.
Drawbridge, 4x1 upgrade - stone/completed planks variant.
Drawbridge, 6x1.
Village Bridges: 6x1, 6x2 + 1x1 & 1x2 extension pieces + diagonal variants (BETA).
Added other selected diagonal Jetty & bridge components (BETA).
Jetty Fruit & Veg Market Wagon, 2x2, (1000weight), 1-2 vendors.
Jetty Fishing, 3x3 fishing spot for 1-2 fisherman.
Added Jetty well for fire fighting
Jetty Cnr, added alternative plank direction F-key variant.
Jetty 1x1 alternate 'mitre-joint' piece.
Jetty Merchants added: General Trader / Food Trader.
Jetty Storage options added: 1x1 (200weight), 1x1 walkable (100weight), 2x2 (800weight), 2x3 (1200weight).

fixed/changed:
Changed Jetty menu layout: from Jetty menu, select a texture style.
     - Wooden Jetty Bridges are now in their own menu within the chosen texture menu.
- Village Stone Bridge is available from same menu line as jetty textures.
Changed build costs of all Jetty pieces (lower price compared to v1.1).
Changed build cost of Blacksmith (lowered iron cost).
Changed production of Mead to require 60 honey (up from 30) to align with DSPickAndHen/CC/NMT.
Changed production qauntity of Mulled Mead to 2/3 (up from 1) to align with DSPickAndHen.
Increased building size of Village Chapel, now 5x8.
Increased building size of Village Blacksmith, now 5x5.
Increased Village Cemetery max size to 30x30 (up from 20x20).
Increased work required to produce at bee shelters.
Fixed issue with Bee Shelter not displaying 3rd build model.
Fixes and Changes to string texts.
Fixes and Changes to sprite menu images.

you can download it from the nexus mods website if you'd like to try it.
nexusmods.com-DS Small Village pre-v2beta9 you will need to be logged in to download, sorry.

Place at TOP of mod list. why? because it has new start conditions, new map types, and also new climates. Also the reported traders not visiting hasn't occurred to me when I tested this placed above the latest MegaMod release in mod list.
Requires New game, it is not compatible at all to previous versions.

Paeng

Now this is a unique boat-landing...  :P

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Discrepancy

:o it is on the 'to fix list', thanks Paeng.

if anyone else would like to download the beta test and aren't a nexus mods member, you can now also download through a link on my website:
http://ds-mods.net/downloads/, there is a link for BETA TEST further down screen.

TheOtherMicheal

Hi Discrepancy, by way of some feedback...

I've given the Ver.2 Beta a very quick run late last night. It really wasn't long enough to test much of anything let alone everything but the most obvious thing that came out is that if you load the SmallVillage Ver.2 (SV2) mod and also Colonial Charter (CC) with SV2 above CC and both mods set as active then try to start a game, the load screen will stall and hang indefinitely.

I figured that the SV2 starting conditions would not mix with the CC starting conditions but I wanted to test it anyway. I was actually expecting a CTD but instead it just stalled, I think I gave it about 15 minutes before using Windows Task Manager to shut down Banished. It may have eventually generated a map but I was impatient and didn't want to wait around all night!

When SV2 is loaded below CC with both mods active, you can start a game without problems and enjoy the features of both mods. Obviously you cannot have the SV2 starting conditions and maps with this arrangement.

I must say that I really love the new bridge and dock pieces. I didn't see any citizens using the diagonal pieces but I also wasn't watching all the time and I didn't set any diagonal pieces up as the only way to cross a river (I was using them more as deco for the riverfront). Also having two different colours for the bridge pieces is great as is the three different heights (I built a sort of walkway up to your Styth Tower using these pieces! They don't match exactly but they could be interesting to use with the Castle mod by Red Ketchup)

elemental

I've been testing DSSV v2 with CC (CC loaded first). One thing to be aware of is that boats won't pass under Discrepancy's bridges if CC is above DSSV. The other thing is - and this is more important - if you build a Discrepancy bridge at a point on the map that the boats NEED to pass through (for example close to where they enter or leave the map) then the boats will come and they will pass under his bridges, but they won't stop at trade ports. But you can use these bridges with CC loaded first, you just need to be careful where you put them. Hopefully that will get fixed at some point.