News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

So Small Viliage 2.0 will not added to megamod?

elemental

As a guess I would say that DSSV buildings will probably end up in MM but the start conditions probably won't. But that's just a guess from someone who doesn't use megamod. :)

Discrepancy

It depends on how much code work Kralyerg wants to do to get them into MegaMod, I can't see why they couldn't work alongside the CC starts.
I will speak with him and see what I can do to make the starts most compatible with CC.

The biggest issue is Iron and Iron Ore... my buildings and resources call for Iron.

brads3

Quote from: Discrepancy on December 15, 2016, 01:57:51 AM

answering @Tom Sawyer & @brads3 , yes, you are right  :o I don't really know what DS Small Village has become, or where it is going. All the changes I have planned I don't think should be apart of it....
???
basically I am just going along with the ride, taking in suggestions & ideas, and coming up with my own. This is going to be huge....

this sounds like how we play even.the game takes off on its own.

So you are right when you say: "i dont think DS knows what he is either.", and I'm guessing that to be 'I don't know what DSSV as a mod is to be?'
what does "lol" mean in translation to other languages?? here it means "lots of laughs" or "laugh outloud". it means what was before it was ment as a joke. so that line was aimed at you not the mod but as a joke. dont get mad....... yet.

Well you are right. But it isn't going to be DS Small Village v2...   all of the upcoming betas of v2 will end up becoming a much broader, varied mod that will be a single mod with all my other mods together. And so in a way, regarding start conditions, etc, it won't be compatible to The North or CC, but it should still be able to be used, with them if placed below in the mod list.
this is the way most mods are done. that gives the player options on how they want to play.even if it means 2 versions of the same mod. i do understand it may not be easy to develop the mods to do that but it is nice to have them work together. i wish CC was fixed this way also, so a player could use the buildings and the production chains but under other map or mod options.

So... when will v2 proper of DS Small Village be released? 
never as discrepancy is constantly changing it,redesigning buildings,adding to it,etc. it has become a monster and will eat him alive. ;D we have  a cure for this.

anyway,

- I am also going to include a way to gather, hunt and fish quicker. But they won't be by the click of a button, for example you will need Fishing Gear to fish from the river bank, 8 Fishing Gear costs 3 log + 1 iron, these are easily built by the Village/Jetty Workshop or Blacksmith for some things. Also needed is Hunting Gear (same price as fishing gear), and Gathering Bowls (1 log  = 5 bowls), the Workshop will easily and quickly produce these simple items, the village workshop will come ready built on some starts, or is easily built for 8 logs and 1 stone.

i do hope you read my post<see sn "stiles"> over at CC on the fishing discussion this week.this way we dont confuse the game.

i am still on my 1st cup of coffee so please excuse me if i screw this up. you have many good ideas. modding takes time and patience.  you need a genie in a bottle to do testing for you,sometimes the way mods are developed anf the way they work in the game doesnt work. a tester would see it different than you and help fix bugs.  they developed the north that way.... or are still. it was neat to see how the buildings and ideas were coming together. also then us players can give ideas too.might make for less bugs later noo i didnt mean to volunteer.
  i try not to load mods until others have time to run them and check for bugs. i never loaded the CC megamod for the same reason.it had bugs with throwing all those different mods together. whereas i have many mods but it took lots of time to set the mod order. and i still have to slap my hands to stop myself from changing that order and causing problems. usually i dont notice the problem until much later in the game.then i bang my head on the wall and wonder why i changed the order and what mod needs swapped.
     now for your "cure". you may not like it and that is fine.what if you split the mod into parts?? the docks and fishers as 1 set and the village as another?? then after you have it all developed put all those mods into a package with the starts that you wanted? it would give people time to find bugs. and it would unclutter your files so you have lless to go through to find bugs. i know it is easier to deal with 1 thing than to try to deal with many at the same time. if you work on the fish mods by themself and your mind isn't on the village,houses,etc, you might find it less caotic. you modders work hard enough,would splitting the ideas up be easier on you?? and your idea of taking time away doesnt hurt either.fresh minds work better for sure.

QueryEverything

Hiya DS :)

I finally decided to tryout MegaMod and after the initial shock of it all I got into Town Planning and I really do find there is a lot in there.

I noticed that you have donated a lot of your work to the project, however I went to look for your bridges and I couldn't find them from this village pack.

QuoteModular Bridges: Drawbridge (2 variants), 3x1 & 4x1 Arch Bridges
Modular Jetty/Dock pieces, lots of variants

Did they not make it in to MM, or they are there and I just can't find them?

I am after specifically the large bridge section that can be upgraded to a fishing spot.

Am I missing something, is it hidden in a new menu, or was it not included?

Thank you for a fab mod, I do love your work!!!

Cheers
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: QueryEverything on December 18, 2016, 06:55:39 PM

I finally decided to tryout MegaMod and after the initial shock of it all I got into Town Planning and I really do find there is a lot in there.

I noticed that you have donated a lot of your work to the project, however I went to look for your bridges and I couldn't find them from this village pack.

I am after specifically the large bridge section that can be upgraded to a fishing spot.

Cheers

The current version of DS Small Village in MegaMod is version 1.1
The added bridge and jetty pieces are part of a pre v2 beta release.

You can download the beta from Nexusmods or my own website: ds-mods.net

It is not save game compatible, so you will need a new game.
But it is compatible to play with MegaMod if you load it above. Not sure what happens if it is loaded below.

---
v2 update:

I am currently not able to get to my PC as I have just moved and my organisation of boxes didn't work too well.  By the time I sort through everything in front of it, it might be Easter by the time I can start modding again ;)

haha maybe not that long... but a couple of weeks is looking likely. But it gives me a good chance to recharge and sort out other things in life.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Discrepancy on December 18, 2016, 07:20:45 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on December 18, 2016, 06:55:39 PM

Cheers

The current version of DS Small Village in MegaMod is version 1.1
The added bridge and jetty pieces are part of a pre v2 beta release.

You can download the beta from Nexusmods or my own website: ds-mods.net

It is not save game compatible, so you will need a new game.
But it is compatible to play with MegaMod if you load it above. Not sure what happens if it is loaded below.

---
v2 update:

I am currently not able to get to my PC as I have just moved and my organisation of boxes didn't work too well.  By the time I sort through everything in front of it, it might be Easter by the time I can start modding again ;)

haha maybe not that long... but a couple of weeks is looking likely. But it gives me a good chance to recharge and sort out other things in life.

Sweet beets!!  Great news, I will give it a go tonight, if there is a problem I will certainly let you know :)

Take care & safe move!!  Merry Christmas

Cheers

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Hi @Discrepancy  :)  Hope you're enjoying the break, and managing to get your move sorted out.

When you get back to modding, is it at all possible to have in future release your storage barns & units to have a "edibles" only; & "edibles, no protein"; version please?
I'm finding my little Bannites to be dumping everything in and then not having any room for my Fisherwomen to put their fish locally.  I saw one running well over the hill to the "Meat Locker", when I checked her local dock storage unit it was filled with Venison & "stuff".  Haha.  What madness. 
When I do build the "Meat Locker" closer to the fishing village it still gets full of venison, and I would love to have storage that doesn't allow it.

Not sure if the exclusion is even possible (I don't know what protein flags are available), but there is no harm in asking.  :D

Hope you're safe & enjoying your New Year :D

QueryEverything

Ok, I promise, last one for the day :)

I use a couple of different fishing mods, and 1 is a 'tiny' mod and it's a 1x3 spot (as well as the fishing drop from The North), but they all rely on land. 

Is there a way to make a small version of your fishing dock to be tucked into small little areas around docks, where there is a 1x1 bit of land or water that can have a "fisherperson". 

like below?

Have a fab break,

Cheers

RedKetchup

woah you seems to have a lot and alot of moiré in you game
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 01, 2017, 01:05:37 AM
woah you seems to have a lot and alot of moiré in you game
I'm trying a balance of different mods, I'm using MegaMod, Necora's Maritimes (over at BlackLiquid), and Discrepency's, mainly use the "Tiny" mods at the moment, as well as your Medieval. 
I'm slowly creating my own version of the game I think, hahahaha.  :)

RedKetchup

when i am talking about "moiré" it is the bad graphical "glitches" that make appear some strange lines moving depending the view direction you are facing and depending of which textures/textures angles....

thats what we call : moiré
@Paeng  knows alot about this ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

oooohhhhh, that's new!  I didn't even notice it.  I've changed the setting slightly and will see what happens now.
Now I can't "unsee" it, haha, oh no!!
If I look away from the dock it's ok, but looking at the dock & trading sites it is very bad.  so weird!

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on January 01, 2017, 04:35:29 AMIf I look away from the dock it's ok, but looking at the dock & trading sites it is very bad.  so weird!

Not really weird...  ;)
But between this and e.g. the "Stairway To Heaven" you showed in another thread, this issue seems to be rather pronounced on your system?

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

@QueryEverything very nice looking dock area despite graphic glitch. 

@Discrepancy, I for one hope DS Small Village stays separate from CC & Mega and iron stays iron not iron ore with production chain.  Small Village is a great mod, looking forward to using it again and again.