News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 21, 2017, 06:30:33 AM
Not the easiest to see in the snow, I still need to make the AO map to remove snow from fire.

You mean the firepit, not the flames?
Add a separate texture for the glowing part and write -
Material _material = "Material\Opaque\OpaqueMaterial.rsc";
instead of -
Material _material = "Material\OpaqueSnow\OpaqueSnowMaterial.rsc";
in you .rsc file

I know you don't use multiple materials but it is a safe way to change your
material-settings (nosnow, billboard.... )

Hawk

I posted about this over at NexusMods but I don't know if you saw it, so I thought I'd post here about it too.

I'm using the DSSV V2 beta 9.51 dated Dec. 3, 2016.

When I try the Stranded start option, it states that you start with a family with 2 educated adults, 150 food, 3 clothes, 1 tool and 5 firewood, but when the map loads all I get is the family. No supplies what-so-ever, as you can see in this screenshot below.

Just letting you know.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: Hawk on January 25, 2017, 07:17:26 AM
I posted about this over at NexusMods but I don't know if you saw it, so I thought I'd post here about it too.

I'm using the DSSV V2 beta 9.51 dated Dec. 3, 2016.

When I try the Stranded start option, it states that you start with a family with 2 educated adults, 150 food, 3 clothes, 1 tool and 5 firewood, but when the map loads all I get is the family. No supplies what-so-ever, as you can see in this screenshot below.

Just letting you know.  :)

Thanks for that... I seem to keep forgetting about it.
I still need to finish the storage cart to be used. First on my list now.

Well I think I have got together a working beta if anyone wants to see the changes. Testing has been sporadic, many UI elements are missing and other parts of production chains aren't there.
For example you can grow Hemp Plant, produce hemp, which can be weaved into Canvas to make clothes, tents of flags (not useful right now, as you cannot place any flags.. yet). The use of hunting gear has not been implemented. Also the Gathering Basket and Fishing Gear is still not set up correctly.

In other words, this beta is a 'between' work in progress. Things could go wrong, or might not be playable.
But some may like to see the changes so far, (sorry, too many to list tonight)

Download Latest Beta Test - DS Small Village pre-v2 beta-11

New crops: Hemp, Lentils

New buildings:
Houses: small 2×4 tents (leather/wood/canvas), warmer leather tent, small townhouse
Village Inn (boarding house)
Village Hall (town hall)
Workshops
Weaver’s Guild
Flag Maker
Forest Food Gathering hut
Pasture, fenceless, new footprint, min4x4 max55-55
Crop Field, new texture
… plus many more

Hawk

Got the new beta. I'll check it out.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

Do you have any plans on adding any type of jetty residence; small fishing hut or something?
That would make it better to build a more complex jetty system on maps with large or many lakes.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

I wouldn´t mind the "stranded" option without any supply as long as there is a possibility to survive the start.

Hawk

That's the way it is now. Same as the Jack & Jill option.
The only difference, right  now, between Jack & Jill and Stranded is that Jack & Jill are uneducated.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

I see you've added another start option. You now have Stranded Hard and Stranded Harder. Stranded Harder being the same as Jack & Jill but the Stranded Harder couple are educated, whereas Jack & Jill are uneducated.
I tried Jack & Jill about a dozen times and never could get anywhere.  ::)

Also, I'm a bit confused as to why there is a jetty woodcutter. A woodcutter on the jetty just doesn't make much sense to me, unless I'm missing something.

Will the fishmonger be adjusted to give more fish?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

brads3

jack n jill will play very slow and you need to micro-manage a lot for quite a while.works well with the mini mod.once you get started,build the mini townhall. by yr 4 you should have a small group of nomads.

Hawk

I generally don't allow nomads in (I like all my citizens educated  ;D ), but with Jack & Jill I can see where it is pretty much a necessity.
My problem is; I build a fishing dock and they starve to death before the fish can make it to the storage barn. I do use the mini mod but you still need 20 logs to even get started.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

As i played,"stranded" and as you say it´s a not much different from "jack and Jill" except the educational part, I killed the poor stranded people a few times, too before i got the idea to build a gatherer from the forest outpost, together with the smallest storage out in the woods. This way it worked. I guess it could work also with uneducated.

Hawk

I'll have to try it with a gatherer instead of a fishing dock. I just figured a fisherman would produce more food quicker.  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

brads3

you might like RED hunting cabin mod. he took the original hunter shack and split it,so you have a hunter plus a residence in 1.i agree the mini mods are needed if playing as adam and eve starts.and you must micro manage for a long time. i think the hunting tool will save you from starvation faster than anything else.

Hawk

I don't have the hunting tool installed right now, but that's not a bad idea.
Thanks!  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

I finally got a chance to play with the latest DSSV beta and I like the additional tents. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the small log tent says it's for 3 occupants. However, as you can see in this screenshot

when I built the first one, 5 people made it home. The next two I built ended up with 4 people in each.

Just pointing it out.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]