Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: Hawk on February 02, 2017, 09:20:57 AM
DS did mention back in Post #167

QuoteAlso the Gathering Basket and Fishing Gear is still not set up correctly.

I wonder if that could be the cause of your crash?

I haven't tried the baskets yet because of what he said.

You're right :)  I wasn't sure if it was the only reason for any CTD'S :)  Best to report in case it isn't.  I'm pretty sure it is that as the newest map I'm on I haven't used the fishing & hunting gear. I've made it, but not set up the gatherers.  I am going to do so now and see what happens and report back.  If the CTD happens with this new map, now, then I can rule out any other bugs or conflicts :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Hawk

I think I found a minor issue. See the screenshot.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

also upcoming in the next beta will be the Village Kitchen:

RedKetchup

wow thats look so awesome !!!!

you too ! you are getting better and better and better !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 05, 2017, 07:20:25 PM
also upcoming in the next beta will be the Village Kitchen:

We need a like button.

This isn't a criticism in any way - just an observation. That food hall is huge! Or if not big, then certainly quite tall. I like it. I'm really looking forward to the v2 release.  :)

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy holy crapballs batgirl~!!  That is an image that rocks my little world!!  :)

And I agree with @elemental we do need a like button please @RedKetchup these posts from the very talented modders lately have all deserved likes!!  (Hence my signature) ...  is there a way to add a plugin to the forum for 'likes', or reputation boosts?

Oh, @Discrepancy I haven't used any baskets or fishing gear in the last few days, so I'm guessing my CTD was in fact an error from that known bug.  :)  Everything else has run extremely smoothly!!!

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Hawk

Discrepency - I know you mentioned back in post 167 that the hunting gear isn't implemented yet;

QuoteThe use of hunting gear has not been implemented.

but I just wanted to confirm what I saw.

I can buy and sell hunting gear at the TP's but the hunters don't seem to know it's in the markets or barns.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Necora

That blue and white banner hanging off the market warehouse building, I only just noticed it, and it reminded me, Banished needs more bunting! And flags and banners and general heraldic paraphernalia.

Paeng

Quote from: Necora on February 06, 2017, 07:11:24 PMBanished needs more bunting! And flags and banners and general heraldic paraphernalia.

Yes! I been asking for that ever since modding started, but somehow it always fell off the to-do-lists... :o
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on February 07, 2017, 04:05:48 AM
Quote from: Necora on February 06, 2017, 07:11:24 PMBanished needs more bunting! And flags and banners and general heraldic paraphernalia.

Yes! I been asking for that ever since modding started, but somehow it always fell off the to-do-lists... :o

hey ! i added ONE in my Training Camp mod :)
a little bit dirty... need to be washed... but still ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

@RedKetchup do you think it would be possible to hijack the tree code to make flags wave in the wind like the trees do? Not the deciduous trees where the leaves grow each year, but the ever greens that don't grow new leaves but still wave in the wind?

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy I've just started 2 new maps, using your starter Easy-Farmer, I have (and did have) 2 livestock.
a)  chicken & sheep
b)  chicken & cattle

In both cases, the first livestock would enter their pasture and procreate like the bunnies ...  however, the 2nd animal would only produce it's off-season item (wool for sheep), and outgrow the pasture, never be culled.

I tried it in the standard pasture, your fenceless, Kid's fenceless, and only once were they culled past the pasture limit, that was in an oversize pasture.  However, all subsequent attempts to have the sheep pen were a failure.

On another play through (same map, but changed the mod order) I put the sheep in the first pen, then the chicken in the next.
Still the chickens procreated and were harvested, however the sheep still just produced wool.

Upon me desiring wool coats I checked the wool count.  Whilst the pastures were producing wool, and had done so over a few seasons, none were in storage.  Checking the town hall, Wool was showing as an item, but there were none in storage.
I ran the pastures for another 2 months/seasons and still none showed in the actual Town Hall.

I am going to start a brand new map, disable the "Busy Pastures" mod, and see what happens with the #2 livestock.

I will report back later, but for now, @Discrepancy has this happened on any of your maps??

brads3

tailors stole the wool and you forgot to collect your eggs so they all hatched

QueryEverything

Hiya, am back.

I have checked a 2nd map, busy pastures turned off, DSSV-Farmers as the start settings, my villages starved :(

I had chickens & beef cows as my starting herds, only the chickens produced meat, the cows did not.

I deactivated busy pastures and the 2nd beasts (cows this time) started producing.

Once I had a full pasture I went back into mods, turned "Busy Pastures" back on, and I now have 6 pastures filled with cattle, and a further 6 with chickens.

I don't know what the issue is, with the starting beasts not working with the mod, but, it works fine now.  :)

TheOtherMicheal

Doesn't Busy Pastures alter the starting conditions... if that is actually correct, maybe that's causing the hiccup with DSSV because it too alters starting conditions?