News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Easter Celebration?

Started by Jinxiewinxie, April 15, 2019, 02:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Would anyone use Easter/Spring related deco pieces and maybe a little park? I've seen some Halloween decorations before and folks asking for Thanksgiving related ones. I could put together something pretty quickly if there's any interest.

I've attached some pictures of a prototype park (just adds happiness, no workers) that shows like, an Easter Egg Hunt type event happening.

There's a person in a rabbit suit (kids like that, right?) and other little eggs/eggs in baskets and a tree so far as part of the building.

Abandoned

;D  Oh, that is rather cute, maybe build it next to the school. Season deco I think would be well liked  :)  I would not mind some Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations also.  :) 

Jinxiewinxie

Welp, looks like its just you and me, Abandoned XD I'm still gonna make it, heh.

Here's a sneak peak of some placeable citizens mixed in with real ones:

I'll post future updates over in my WIP thread =)

Abandoned

Seasonal park for happiness and deco citizens, what a good idea  :)  Those will come in handy, and there are seasonal possibilities too.  Maybe even pirates.  :)  The deco citizens look really good.

JM

What about ghosted sitting citizens? We have many benches, tables with chairs, etc., but nobody can sit on them.

Jinxiewinxie

That's why I needed to make my own @JM - the base game ones only show up in that one position with their arms flying XD

Abandoned

I like that idea to have some deco sitting citizens   :)  I hope it is possible to make without too much difficulty.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on April 16, 2019, 11:16:41 AM
Am i too late?
If you're making new citizens, can i suggest you to make some suit wearing gentleman's, not only placeable, but walking too.

Here's my try at adding some "suits" to replace two of the male citizen outfits and then I added a couple deco fellas. I'm not able to make a real walking new item.. just replace the base game textures on the male bannies:

The 5 up front are the deco ones. Suits are pretty difficult because everything is so tiny, you can't even tell what they have on really outside of like.. a color.. but I tried.

I made a quick mod for you that only has the deco people and the two outfit replacers and uploaded it to this post. I've also attached the images that are used in game for these guys, in case you want to try your hand at recoloring/changing the outfits yourself =) Let me know if you do and I'll package up the mod again with your updated version of the texture.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on April 17, 2019, 07:17:30 AM
I have made some suits for bannies. Bannies with suit, others with original outfit. Not sure how they look in the game, stupid, ok or more stupid.  :D
But here it is.

OH MY HEAVENS! You did an amazing job on the suits! They look WAY MORE than ok in the game, they look perfect! Wow! Here's a screenshot:

Do you want me to repackage the mod with this new texture or maybe do you want to add a couple more suits first since it looks so great?

Jinxiewinxie

For the deco/statue people, we could totally have hats =D Just not on the walking around ones XD

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on April 17, 2019, 10:52:11 AM

I think those bannies would need some hats, homburgs, top hats, straw hats, bowlers to make them look like older times, but since those base game people are without, we´ll have to life without hats then.

Here's a deco lady with a black hat on to make her look like a witch for Halloween:

Abandoned

Halloween park is great.  Very festive with the witch, cauldron, and black cat, ghosts, and pumpkins plus crow on the fence.   :) 

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on April 18, 2019, 05:00:51 AM
Very nice!  :) I hope that witch is more nice, like Veronica Lake in I Married a Witch.  :D
Top hat and straw boater are easy to make in blender, something like flat cap is little harder.
Is that  bird raven?
Iv made some new designs. I put some boots on one, not sure if it works, but if you think all new clothes look fine, you can finalise this mod for me.
One thing come to mind, is it possible to make the base game texture people use like 16 different outfits, beside those eight?
Maybe ill try later do some different female clothes for bannies, but what i got in my mind, it might be too hard.  I don't mean that i expect you to use your time for me again, for lots in a future. All this is enough, if you make this new suits mod for me. Thank you.  :)

Its totally a raven! Abandoned called it, heh XD I don't see a way to add any other citizen textures, other than like.. having different ones for different games and turning on/off citizen texture mods. The files don't really show how the models point to the parts of the texture that's used.. in other games I've modded, I've been able to just extend the spritesheet to add extra options and those games will automatically pick up on the idea that the sheets larger and has more data to display but I don't think the way Luke's coded Banished works the same way.

I've attached a new version of your mod that has your latest texture and then some deco people that use the same ones (=

Quote from: Abandoned on April 18, 2019, 09:16:29 PM
Halloween park is great.  Very festive with the witch, cauldron, and black cat, ghosts, and pumpkins plus crow on the fence.   :) 

Thank you (= I have almost too many Halloween props that I want to use... thinking of making two different Halloween parks since they don't all fit into one very nicely, heh.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on April 18, 2019, 11:01:27 PM
Thank you! Thank you. @Jinxiewinxie
:) :) :)
Thank you again.
:) :) :)

It was fun! Let me know if you'd like any changes made, it's not difficult to switch out the textures or add a new one for the ladies to use if you end up working on the female texture =)

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on April 19, 2019, 07:30:52 AM
Since its not much work for you, i will make some little adjustments. Like those suspenders are not showing well in the game. And ill try to design some women bannies clothes too. Thanks Jinxiewinxie.

Do you like the deco people I made with your textures? (They're up in my toolbar in Decorations). Do you think you'll use them? I can take them out in my next iteration so the mod isn't so big if you like (= Or leave them, if you like them, heh.