News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

It's little stuff like this that really irks me

Started by irrelevant, August 17, 2014, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Bought 33 logs from a merchant at the highlighted TP. Have a nice big empty stockpile just across the street, several of them in fact, conveniently located next to choppers.

But the moron trader takes 33 logs out into the middle of the woods on the other side of the hill, next to the forest node (the stockpile that is now marked for demolition). WTF?!

On the one hand it's just 33 logs. Doesn't matter. But on the other hand, that's 10% of my logs on the map, and I built those stockpiles specifically to receive logs from the TPs.

If you can't count on that, why even bother putting them there??? (I know, I'm ranting)

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

RedKetchup

i know how you feel bro, they were doing kinda same thing in Number One City :( they were crossing the river to use the stockpiles there instead of those just in front the other side of the road :S
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Sometimes ranting is the only possible response to some of the stuff the citizens do.

salamander

It's either that or lobby the dev to include town facilities like stocks and execution platforms to keep the populace in line -- not sure that'll happen though.

A Nonny Moose

I've started to notice this kind of thing.  There seems to be an inviolable system where the first object in a set remains at the top of the queue forever, and physically nearer objects are ignored.  I use stockpiles quite a bit to try to shorten travel distances, especially in construction projects, and watch people carrying resources stomp right by the stockpile when they should use the nearest.

This is a queueing problem that can only be solved by the developers.  Either they didn't think about this possibility or they've got the queueing system wrong.  In any case, when I was doing Q.A. on programs this was described as an "undocumented feature" (a.k.a. a BUG).  Not too terribly surprising in a program of this magnitude and it should, perhaps, be addressed in the next round of fixes.

I am running 1.0.3 is there a later version?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

salamander

Not to say there isn't a later version, but I have the Steam version and Steam set to auto-update, and I still have 1.0.3.

rkelly17

Quote from: salamander on August 18, 2014, 01:52:44 PM
It's either that or lobby the dev to include town facilities like stocks and execution platforms to keep the populace in line -- not sure that'll happen though.

Stocks would be a fine idea, but they depend on peer pressure and public ridicule. I'm not sure the other Banished citizens would see any problem in this devilish behavior. Although, maybe the chance of seeing someone in the stocks would lure them away from idling at the hospital.  ::)