News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Request: Alcohol made inedible

Started by Gatherer, October 18, 2016, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

I'm aware that the idea sounds a bit cheaty but is any modder willing to spend some time on this? To make anything labeled with alcohol flag inedible?

Cheers
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

I'm not sure we can by keeping the Alcohol storage flag.
I've had a look through the mod kit and I can't see how it could not be consumed. I cannot find anything in the citizen files that would even slow the need for consumption.

I suppose I could include an option in my P&H mod to brew alcohol for trade though, and class it as ... what storage flag?

I'm guessing I could make a mod that alters the tavern so it will only brew ale, and remove the happiness entertainment/consume part. As far as I'm aware, without a place to drink, the citizens won't consume the alcohol?

Gatherer

Quote from: Discrepancy on October 18, 2016, 11:32:53 PM
I'm guessing I could make a mod that alters the tavern so it will only brew ale

Don't do that. I'm having much fun producing mead. Those bee shelters from DSSV are very popular in my town.

Quote from: Discrepancy on October 18, 2016, 11:32:53 PM
and remove the happiness entertainment/consume part. As far as I'm aware, without a place to drink, the citizens won't consume the alcohol?

That's a good idea.
Can they drink from the cellars?
Fiat panis.

Nilla

@Tom Sawyer made this in his Nordic mod.

The brewery produces alcoholic beverage but it has to be:

- transported to the inn to be consumed
or
- transported to the trading port, as a trading good.

You can choose to 100% if you want to consume or sell it.

The people don't consume the alcohol directly at the inn, the alcohol achieve something he calls "cheers" a drink, that's consumed as vanilla ale.

As far as I remember, at least the earlier versions of the CC mod did something similar.

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on October 19, 2016, 12:16:34 AMThose bee shelters from DSSV are very popular in my town.

Same here... though I noticed that the flag seems to point at "Logs" instead of "Food"? The one thing I try to preserve is my forest, so needing to raise the log cap to produce honey goes against my grain...  ;D
* Or am I not up2date?

Quote from: Nilla on October 19, 2016, 04:07:24 AMTom Sawyer made this in his Nordic mod [...] You can choose to 100% if you want to consume or sell it.

That would be my favored solution - I find brewing for local consumption a total waste... actually never do it - if my peeps pinch some on the way to the port, that's okay by me, but the bulk is for export...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Tom Sawyer

The nordic alcohol is flagged as protein, vegetable or fruit (to get different demands by merchants and of course without the edible flag). Grain not because of the NMT grain silo... The barkeeper in the tavern turns it into drinks (flagged as alcohol) if you want. Sometimes you can see him in front of the tavern with a tray in his hands.^^ I have renamed it to "Drinks". To see some "Cheers!" in the tavern was funny but a bit weird in the townhall statistics. Maybe there is another way to avoid the uncontrolled consumption but this works fine. You need changes in the trading post to handle this material. Under the nordic mod it would work. With CC I'm not sure.

Gatherer

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 19, 2016, 05:03:00 AM
The nordic alcohol is flagged as protein, vegetable or fruit (to get different demands by merchants and of course without the edible flag).

Yeah, that is the best solution. In my games I only trade alcohol for food.
Fiat panis.

brads3

CC does have several inedible mods.guess they are handy for bakeries and other productions too.  you might want to check with them. they might have what you want alreaady even. i have never used them. my understanding is the barns must be made to store inedible products as well as food. or you get other problems. depending on your reason or what you are trying to save up,both the CC and nordic fix might be needed. my understanding is the CC was to save fruits from beig ate and therefore you could have a supply for the breweries.same with saving grains for the mills and flour for the bakery. again i havent used it so cant say how well it works. i have noticed at times there are storage glitches when new mods are made.

RedKetchup

ale has "alcohol" as flag and not "edible" so you cannot take out "edible" to make it non-edible (it doesnt has it).
there is no way to change the hard-coded feature of "alcohol" to not be "consumed".

you would need to give another "flag" to ales and spirits, and you would need to adjust all the inns and taverns too so they can continue to make those.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

So I should really split the Tavern/Brewery function of the Pick & Hen? (also the building model), I have contemplated this from the beginning.

Everyone just seems to trade the alcohol away?

... I like to give my citizens some alcohol and luxury items.  I play the game because I like to make a beautiful town that I would live in, but I also like some challenges also, and part of that is supplying drinks to my townsfolk, it is them that do all the hard work  ;) . I try to trade very little that isn't used directly by the citizens.

Quote from: Paeng on October 19, 2016, 04:56:02 AM
Same here... though I noticed that the flag seems to point at "Logs" instead of "Food"? The one thing I try to preserve is my forest, so needing to raise the log cap to produce honey goes against my grain...  ;D

I thought I had fixed that with the v1.1 update - To find what version you have, look in the mod menu description, I included the version number in that text. I didn't update the string text though for the menu button in the update, so that will still say v1.0.

brads3

i agree with u on the banis deserving a luxury or 2.evryone plays different. if it wasn't for seeds and livestock,i would play without all the trading. who did adam and eve trade to?? besides there are other mods that do just make wine or brew or distill alcohol.personally i like having different style buildings. gives the palyer more flexability in their own games. you can make a mine town,a manufacturing town,a farm village,etc. no need to change your mod. from what i have seen 2 different buildings would not solve the issue anyhow. the banis can take anything from anywhere and use it as they see fit. except for a trading post or a specified resource building. i have several times traded for something i planned to use later and the banis used it up. and nooo it was not food.
        i have not played with CC in-edible foods mods. my understanding of it is they give the player more control over the inventory. if you have fruit or grain,etc that you want to process (make ale,cider,wheat flour and bread,etc), you harvest the crops and the banis dont eat it until it is processed into something.i do know we have plantation fields that i tok to be part of that. anything harvested from those  are tagged different until they are processed. at least this is my understanding of it. but once the fruit or honey is alcohol the banis can use it. unless the trader or a vendor hides it 1st.

Tom Sawyer

I think it is not essential to split your model. You can simply add an export beer or a few other varieties for trade. It would definitely be good if the player could produce something "not drinkable". Otherwise he may not use your pretty tavern. Another idea is to outsource some stuff to these extra production buildings. For a shorter product list and to give these extensions a special task.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on October 19, 2016, 11:51:43 PMTo find what version you have, look in the mod menu description

Oops, looks like I still run on 1.0, sorry about that  :-[
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on October 19, 2016, 11:51:43 PM
So I should really split the Tavern/Brewery function of the Pick & Hen? (also the building model), I have contemplated this from the beginning.

Everyone just seems to trade the alcohol away?

Not everyone trades away the grog. If you are going to split it, please offer both buildings - one tavern that doesn't brew and another that does.

TheOtherMicheal

I know this is a month old but I just wanted to add to what elemental said, not everyone trades away the alcohol.
I keep almost all the alcohol for local consumption, I'll trade food before I trade alcohol - I can usually make a surplus of food but I rarely seem to have a surplus of grog.