News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolinafan95

Question for you all. I'm kinda new to these production chains, but is there a good way to store and separate the fodder and firewood? Seems to be affecting my woodcutter and his production. He stops making firewood because so much fodder has been picked up and stored.
Not a problem just something I'm not used to dealing with.
Great time using this so far Red, I'm enjoying the process, and the new ways of planning out my cities.  ;D

Nilla

carolinafan95

Thanks Nilla, just finished reading your blog and the others posts. I'll continue to watch production and see where it goes. No other mods are being used so I know there isnt interference from another mod. Just not used to the firewood and thatch/fodder being used like this. Its another challenge to work on. Just built a fodder barn and farmer/collector so I'll see what help that turns out to be.
Thanks again and good luck on your end as well. :)

RedKetchup

i am quoting a statement i did today in @Nilla  Blog :

QuoteAnd I will do it :) i will delete "fuel" "woodfuel" flags and it will be back to "custom4 - Natural resource harvested not through mining. aka: Materials flag" (i will have to change flags of stables)
And yes i can do a "cow stable that produce milk" to compensate :)
That way it will stop to mess around with your firewood production :)

so probably, to get used to the new dynamic will maybe less a priority since i will make it so it wont interfere with your firewood chain anymore :)
you will have to just to deal with it in wait to get the new weekend beta build  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

carolinafan95

Thanks Red, but no problem either way. I just wasnt used to having the fodder and firewood together. Having them separate will be easier to keep track of, but I dont mind the challenge of using them together.
I'm enjoying the mod and will go with whatever you want it to be. Just wish I had more time to play right now. Real life keeps getting in the way. :P
But I'm ready for another update. ;D More buildings or just adjustments? :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: carolinafan95 on February 07, 2018, 06:22:43 PM

But I'm ready for another update. ;D More buildings or just adjustments? :)

both. adjustments, tooltips/windows fixes, and adding buildings

carolinafan95

Thanks Red, I'll be looking for it this weekend.  ;D

Hawk

Ya' know what would be cool? If you were to add the storage capacities on the tool tips for the barns.  :)
Also, maybe add the residence capacities on the houses?  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

@RedKetchup - OK! I'm confused again. The Town Hall Inventory list shows 0 coal. The coal limit is set at 200. The coal pit mine says it's reached its limit.
What else does your mod consider coal?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

Coal storage flag is known as Minerals, so I'd guess the Copper Ore, Iron Ore and other ores you have in your inventory are making the coal limit reached - Minerals (harvested natural resources through some kind of mining . Copper/Tin/Iron Ores)

Hawk

Ah! I guess that what it is. It looks like Red could edit the Iron Quarry window to not show coal, since coal isn't mined from that pit.

Thanks @Discrepancy:)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

yeah there is a typo error on some limits specially the coal one which is in fact all minerals. it is linked to old string table of the game instead the new limit stringtable.

a good while we dont have @Nilla  posting !
did you gave up @Nilla ??

Turis

Hawk

So I built a Wooden Butcher and at first he made Beef Steak. After a while he switched over to Bison Steak. The Bannies seem to like the Bison Steak but there's been 2925 Beef Steak in inventory for a couple of years. Seems the Bannies don't care for Beef Steak, although they do like beef.

Is Beef Steak for export/trade only?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

Never mind. Finally, after about 3 or 4 years of the inventory count on Beef Steak staying at 2925, some Bannies came along and grab 11 of them.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]