News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Ashvilla

Started by brads3, February 19, 2019, 08:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 16

we have plans to "ship" from the fishing pier back to the wharehouses and store some excess items. fertilizer,cotton,and whatever else the bannies find that isn't needed. in time,we will send logs and lumber back as well.due to the limitations of the game,it has to be done manually.it might  become tedious and slow.it is a plan anyhow. other items like copper ore and montain oysters we will use for trade.

at the moment,there are too many laborers.half are un-educated and young. construction has to slow down to let the bannies catch up. since the apple forest won't use 2 workers,the bannies will take time to help clear logs and rocks.once more students graduate,more fields will be cleared and planted.

the sinlge female that was living in the boardinghouse will get a house and a chapel.this will keep the un-educated workers to the east away from the farms. an educated 18yr old male built a house near the fields.

a storage problem is starting to develop.we have too much food,imagine that.the market doesn't move enough to empty the field barns and carts.adding more storage would just delay the problem.a mini food vendor will help and move fruit to the outer houses.we may need another wharehouse.

pic 1: plantation chapel
pic 2: mini food market

brads3

YEAR 17

we do have 3 graduates so a field can be cleared.a Slink's farmers market will work to wharehouse extra food.since the marchants bring so many mixed goods with this mod order.a RK seed and stock trader is needed.we had hoped the planter would have returned by now. instead there is mixed good merchants with few goods.shoes,reed bundles,coke fuel,some precious items,and some wild honey were being carried by the boats that did pass by.

an outbreak of dysentary started over the winter.it spread quickly once the bannies began to work outisde in the spring. one child and a young laborer died during the outbreak.

linen clothing is swapped to the new TP.mountain oysters will be stocked.the general CC TP will stock copper ore.

pic 1:Slink's farmer market
pic 2 RK seed and livestock TP

brads3

YEAR 18

7 nomads arrive.they will work an RK forest north of the apple.a tiny gathererand herbalist are built with storage.a RK forest barn will give them more storage for materials.a nordic hunting cabin will work the 2 forests.there are 2 houses completed by the winter of year18.1 family remains in the boarding house.
       the planter did return with apple seeds which we no longer need.

YEAR 19

the builders are still at work on the new forest. they did finish a log depot during the winter.the remaining family from the boarding house has decided to dig a multi mine across the river.this will supply needed stone and begin to store iron and coal.this will be the start of a production area.

with logs and stone being supplied,we begin to increase firewood.an RK sawmill is built between the shipping dock and log depot.

pic 1: nordic hunter,the laborers cleared a lot of trees for the new apple trees
pic 2: north RK forest,there is a tiny herbalist and gather hut to give more storage
pic 3: multi mine
pic 4: RK sawmill and log depot

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

poplation has grown to 76 citizens,9 students and 44 workers. 52% educated living in 22 houses including 1 boardinghouse.
we have plenty of food.the forests and mine will increase our logs and stone.the basic supplies are taken care of.we do have more than enough textiles with the flax garden. 

the markets have helped to distribute fruit.we have over 1900 fertilizer stored from the single cattle pasture.tools are being made with iron ore to conserve stone.we have 5 houses with single adults.there are more males than females.most of the graduates have been male.without nomads, our poplation would be quite stunted.

pic 1: stats
pic 2:production
pic 3 inventory

brads3

YEAR 20

even with the male dominate population, more houses have to be built.since we will need nomads to improve the balance,we will continue to stockpile some resources.a 2nd forester is sent to help cut and carry logs from the main RK forest.we improve our shipping lane to the wharehouses and add a shipping office.we will keep 2 builders and 10 laborers as long as we can produce more food than we use.during winters the laborers can help the builders to hurry some projects.

during the winter,the builders completed a RH town market for the forest workers.this will help supply them with tools,grain,and coats.

pic 1: transport ship to move goods to the wharehouses
pic 2: shipping office
pic 3: RH market for the forest workers

brads3

YEAR 21

other players have mentioned issues with getting the bannies to move. with the late planting season ,i do have time in early spring to click around and look where some are.after a while there will be too many houses to do that.i don't kick bnannies out of their homes very often.here i have tried a couple things to get the bannies to move.i sent more workers to the forest area.the bannies do like to move closer to their work so the hope is they wil double up. we have a 40+ yr old lady with some children and a single male in the far forest.i did build the 1 girl who was leftover at the boardinghouse a house figuring she would move and i didn't want the un-educated bannie near the fields. she was by herself a yr or 2 and moved in with the fisherman. her original house now has an educated  couple. the cranberry fields are still not being used due to the un-educated bannies.our gathering has supplied fruit.not much can be done with so many male adults. in a few years it will balance out more.

the school is full of students.a plantation school will be built closer to the forest areas.the less they have to walk to school,the sooner these girls will graduate. the children can play in the walnut grove behind it.2 more plymouth houses were build this year to move male graduates away from the school.this will open some rooms for students.beyond these houses pastures are planned.someday the merchants will bring livestock insteadof trade animals.for now the land has been cleared of trees and workers continue to clear rocks.

pic 1: plantation school and walnut grove
pic 2: more plymouth houses for single males,
pic 3: forest outputs

brads3

YEAR 22-23

we work to clear land for the pastures. a 30x26 dairy,a 10x20 pig,and a 15x10 chicken pasture.lots of flowers,thatch.and berries have to be removed.before the dairy pasture was fenced,a merchant brought the cows. we took all 6.they waited at the TP until the large pasture was completed.the pig pasture was opened to them, but they never moved to it. this took all year to finish the 3 pastures and 1 barn.we did restock the logs from building the fences.we are glad to have it done.it was a good use of our time.

we now have 3 full time vendors noving the food.

galensgranny

Are your cows stuck at the TP, like happened to someone last year?

brads3

they did move but took their time doing it. i think they just wanted the larger pasture.i did make sure to leave space around the TP. building it tight up against another does seem to make them get stuck.even then you can delete the TP and reclaim it once they move.

brads3

YEAR 24

11 nomads arrive.3 couples and a young male and 2 young female workers with 2 children. they will work a 3rd forest. 3 houses and a RK new tree forester will be built east of the main RK forest.an RK gathering hut and small shed will work to collect more food.an old hunting cabin with residence will work the south of this forest.to the south of this will be a tiny forester and gathering hut.these are handy with their own storage.the 4 forests will keep us supplied with logs and fruit.by using hunters between 2 forests,we should avoid overhunting.with so many workers,the RK gathering huts will double workers.this will give 50% more food each,but it keeps the un-educated nomads busy.

there are 6 foresters,6 gatherers,and 2hunters between the 4 forests.2 herbalists work the west forests.we have 1 family and 1 young worker in the boardinghouse.

pic 1: forest #3
pic 2: forest #4 and hunting cabin between the 2
pic 3: an overview of the forests

brads3

YEAR 25

i double checked the count. we need 1 more house for the forest workers in order to keep some laborers moving goods in and out. a stone tavern is added to our town center.it will make apple ale.we sent a new graduate to one of the cranberry fields.a wood butcher is built near the plantation school.it will cut bison into steaks.half the apple ale is sent to the TP.

other than the cows,we have taken some food and sugar in trade to move flowers.

YEAR 26

we started a fruit plantation farm.so far we only have blackberry seed.we will need bees to pollinate the orchards.in time,it will supply fruit and jams.    slowly we work to increase our firewood. there are 3 workers at the sawmill.   

pic 1; stone tavern
pic 2: wood butcher
pic 3: fruit plantation started

Jinxiewinxie

Which mod is the round table set near your tavern from?

brads3

those are EB's decorationns that are included with the resort mod.