News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuggistar

The NMT 2.04 seems to have a category with excavations of the building and production. This church you're doing now is one of them. In RK Editor Choice there will be something similar or not, that it was possible to build a tent settlement with many different kinds of excavations.

RedKetchup

no, archeology wont comeback and yeah the model of this church was the very damaged abandonned church.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i am still working on the church replacement  :(

:-X

people have no idea how a good mesh takes so much time.

i am at the tower now, made 2 third of it, and still have the entrance covered arch to replace.

Goblin Girl

It's looking good, Red!
If I might offer a suggestion: could you maybe make the lean-to pieces on the sides of the nave separate, buildable add-ons that would allow the church to serve more people?  They'd be sort of like chapels, each with their own cleric? 

LadyMarmalade

Good idea, Goblin Girl. I love it when you can upgrade a building to increase capacity - so much more realistic than tearing it down and totally rebuilding.
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

RedKetchup

if seperate that would mean ghosted and ghosted things works very bad with a profession.

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2018, 12:01:33 PM
if seperate that would mean ghosted and ghosted things works very bad with a profession.

Separate doesn't have to be ghosted. It all depends on the size and shape of the ground footprint you give the main church. You could do something similar to what you did with your multi-storey houses. You could also give the add-ons a one tile ground footprint that sits outside the main church footprint, with the add-on building mesh sitting 3 or 4 tiles away from their ground tile. Then they could fit into position next to the church correctly but wouldn't need to be ghosted.

Of course, making them add-ons means more work for you, so it's understandable if you just want to make one building without add-ons.

This church looks very good.  :)  It would be nice to see a vicarage (house for cleric) in the same style. Any plans for a matching graveyard/deco crypts?

RedKetchup

but the things is, knowing very well people, they will take the lean-to and they will place it everywhere without the main church and use it cheap even if it is 10-20 citizens.
i would maybe prefer to be build first without and then press the upgrade button and have it more citizens and full lean-tos.

i know too much what will do people with those ^^  :'(

and also at some point my original little church will comeback with a new lifting :)

about 2nd question, maybe later :)

RedKetchup

finished the tower :)

this mesh will have taken me so much time ! unbelievable
there is even a big bell inside ^^

elemental

I didn't think of that. Upgrade makes more sense from that point of view.

elemental

I like the bell tower. Very interesting design.

galensgranny

That church and bell tower are amazing! 

tuggistar

Replacement base Church looks more and more exceptional. CC I looked beyond the texture base Church in F Key there are two textures, they will stay or not.
Can a small request about blacksmith tools in RK Editors Choice Edition.
I like the list of tools, but you can add a couple more to the list of tools for an earlier stage of the game. When do you need the tools and wait when the blacksmith would first make iron or copper for tools, takes too long for the Hard difficulty. You can make tools from iron or copper ore and wood to start after the stone tools.

RedKetchup

i dunno ....
maybe i can add recipe with 4 ores + 1log ?

tuggistar

5 copper ore and 1Log
and
4 iron ore and 1Log
In my opinion looks reasonable, maybe.