News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Medieval Town v 1.1b

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tilleen on September 20, 2015, 05:19:40 PM
So does that mean that you need 2 buildings.

An Apothecary to do the minimal healing, and minimal searching for herbs and a Herb market, that sources from warehouses and stores the herbs.

If that is the case, I think I would just store them at the Fruit market.

as soon i add :
StorageLocationDescription storagelocation { }

which is the command allowing storage, the herbalist stop working and go idle. looks like this only command added is enough to disable all the herbalist thing to walk around and grab herbs.

so it will need a specific storage building for this.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Is it really so bad if the apothecary-herbalist doesn't look for any herbs himself?

I use this building in dense building areas, so that the people don't have to walk the long way out in the woods to see the herbalist. So he doesn't find many herbs anyway. I would find it a big improvement, if the apothecary could store herbs. It doesn't matter, that the herbalist in it doesn't collect them himself. Build an original one out in the woods for collecting, or buy the herbs.

The idea of letting herbs be stored in the fruit market is bad! sorry! Think of the consequences: If you have a larger map, you have several fruit markets. Unless you have an awful lot of herbs, they will be put in one or a few of them and stay there (vendors don't steal from each other, remember?) and many people have to walk far to get their herbs, and then maybe another long walk to the herbalist to be healed.

Tilleen

I don't disagree with you that all the herbs may end up at the closest market, but I thought that the markets were only supposed to source what the local population needs. I get the same problem with food as well. Do vendors ever move extra resources out of the market to a storage location?

I actually thought that was what the code snippet that redketchup posted was implying.

Nilla

Quote from: Tilleen on September 21, 2015, 02:24:18 AM
Do vendors ever move extra resources out of the market to a storage location?

I´ve never seen that. If something is put in a market it stays there until it is consumed by a citizen or a production plant.

Tilleen

Hello,

Is there a reason that Sorghum seeds are more expensive than the others? Increased yield, better bread?

Or is it just to be in line with CC?

Thanks.

chillzz

Quote from: Tilleen on September 28, 2015, 06:07:15 PM
Hello,

Is there a reason that Sorghum seeds are more expensive than the others? Increased yield, better bread?

Or is it just to be in line with CC?

Thanks.
as far as I know, have seen and have read in the topic, Sorghum and Barley are just as expensive as wheat and corn.
Like all seeds, 2500 or 3125 when ordered from a merchant (25% price raise on everything ordered)

- 2 new crops : Barley and Sorghum. Graciously provided by CC Team member, Kralyerg, these 2 favorite new grains will provide a better variety number to that less populated category. The files provided haven't been edited and use exactly the same files as CC:CotGL. so 100% compatible crash free (even if it provide a little red warning in the mod window). These 2 crops (and the files) Have been GENEROUSLY provided by Black Liquid Team, the Creators of Colonial Charter Mods.- - 2 new recipes have been added to the Medieval Mills in order to make flour with those.- - 2 new recipes have been also added to the Medieval Tavern in order to make Ale with those. They cost the same as Wheat.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=961.msg17719#msg17719
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Tilleen

Any time I have seen Sorghum and Barley, they have been 4000 units. CC installed but not turned on.

But other strange things happen as well, I am getting items appearing from mods when running a game that has no mods turned on.

RedKetchup

i didnt edited the files... so if the seeds cost more than other seeds... i didnt noticed, since i never opened the files :P ^^
a thing is sure, it cost the same as CC creators set them up ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: Tilleen on September 28, 2015, 06:49:44 PM
But other strange things happen as well, I am getting items appearing from mods when running a game that has no mods turned on.
I was getting that too, a week or two ago. This fixed it: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.0

Bobbi

Hey @RedKetchup, please help me out. I am trying to figure out how many students can attend the NMT school. I seem to remember it was 30, but I am so fearful I always build another school if I get to fifteen or so. Apparently I can assign many teachers, I have assigned seven just now to test that (I only had seven spare citizens, for all I know I can assign 100 teachers....wouldn't that be funny?)

RedKetchup

NMT School is 1 teacher for 30 students. cant change the number of teacher of this school. you are sure it is about the NMT one ?

chillzz

maybe it's adriana's college ? that one supports up to 3 teachers / 100 students right?

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on October 11, 2015, 04:39:32 PM
maybe it's adriana's college ? that one supports up to 3 teachers / 100 students right?
exact

Bobbi

chillzz

@Bobbi   
that 7 is total amount of persons working / assigned as teacher in your village.
the 1 of 1 is the teacher working in that school.