News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

List of compatible Mods

Started by BurnPapaya, March 07, 2021, 03:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurnPapaya

Can you guys help me find a compatible mod for CC:Journey?

Nilla

Most mods are compatible with each other, red in the mod list doesn't mean that they don't work together.

Since CC is such a big mod, adding other large mods, like RKEd might give some problems, especially if you don't have a very good computer. But I think principally, you can do also that. Only remember, the mod first in order sets the starting conditions and production numbers, so load order is important. You might need to test and make a few changes before it works the way you want.

And don't forget to exit Banished completely after you've made any changes in the mod list. If you don't, the game will crash.

You can read more about mod order here http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.msg35826#msg35826

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on March 08, 2021, 12:51:29 AM
Most mods are compatible with each other, red in the mod list doesn't mean that they don't work together.

Since CC is such a big mod, adding other large mods, like RKEd might give some problems, especially if you don't have a very good computer. But I think principally, you can do also that. Only remember, the mod first in order sets the starting conditions and production numbers, so load order is important. You might need to test and make a few changes before it works the way you want.

And don't forget to exit Banished completely after you've made any changes in the mod list. If you don't, the game will crash.

You can read more about mod order here http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.msg35826#msg35826

question on the fly!
but does changing the order of mods after the game crash?
if so, even saving, exiting and re-entering?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

first never change the order in a game already started. you change order before you start a new game, not in an existing save.

you change order and completly close the game so you update your registry. never change order in a game already started.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 08, 2021, 02:55:31 AM
first never change the order in a game already started. you change order before you start a new game, not in an existing save.

you change order and completly close the game so you update your registry. never change order in a game already started.

and if I add a deco mod at the end of the list and then start a saved game?
I think to add also the kid's little farm to a saved game...  ::)
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

brads3

you can add some mods to a saved game. open the saved game,then open the mods and enable. save the game after it resets.<i'd save twice>. exit completely. restart game. DO NOT MOVE MODS IN THE MOD ORDER. this will work for most building additions and deco mods.

as to what will work with CCJ- most will. this becomes a give and take. there are limits within the game to how much can be added to the spawned maps. the start settings can be influenced by various mods.some will add to other mods some will replace start conditions. for example the wild animals are deer in vanilla and CC,in RK and some KID mods and the North,the wild animals are different. so it depends what your goals are as to what you want to add.

my recommendation is to write a list on paper of what you think is missing from the vanilla game and what you want the game to look like. this should include crops,building styles,processors,geography,etc. then add mods that fill your list. failing to do that ,you will soon find yourself  lost in a forest of mods wondering what tree you were searching for.

Glenn

You could try creating folders for your load order.

Then copy the pkms' in each each folder into the game

I use this method when starting a new game.

Folder 1 - gameplay changes  -  more stone, seasons down under etc
Folder 2 - food items  - kidfarmyard, RK goats etc
Folder 3 - roads
Folder 4 - decorations

After a folder is added I save, exit and restart

And so it goes -  I have other folders of preferred mods and by using this method I know that they all work together and their effects.

It also helps identify conflicts when adding new mods to your game

For example DS mods have a load order to stop icon problems and affecting CC increased storage capacity

I find that by using this method I always get a smooth trouble free start to every game and when I add anything new I do so one or two mods at a time to check how they impact then game then save, exit and restart.

BurnPapaya

What is your load order in DS mod? Im having a problem with the icon.

Nilla