News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Swedes

Started by brads3, March 03, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on March 05, 2018, 09:58:19 AM
LOL,so you over rode TOM's locks? sure now that i started a map.it is o'k. i stay behind 1 version for now.is interesting to see how the 2 mods interact with each other.long long ways to go. lots to test out here.

bah the game, if you put mine on top, you will get MY starting conditions with my things on the ground. i didnt saw the dark texture though you were talking.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

What I did is to set visible = false of some vanilla buildings where Nordic buildings are replacing them (to clean up the toolbar). I found it better than overwriting their templates and it keeps the possibility to activate them. So if Red sets it to true then they will appear again with his new models and can be used besides the Nordic objects.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 05, 2018, 12:03:45 PM
What I did is to set visible = false of some vanilla buildings where Nordic buildings are replacing them (to clean up the toolbar). I found it better than overwriting their templates and it keeps the possibility to activate them. So if Red sets it to true then they will appear again with his new models and can be used besides the Nordic objects.

where exactly you've put those visible=false ? gimme an example.

Tom Sawyer

Just copy game/toolbar.rsc to your project and add visible = true to all objects you want to show. For example:

Toolbar townhall : "base"      {   bool _visible = true; Toolbar _parent = "services"; ...   

brads3

YEAR 11-12

2 nomads arrive in june.we start on the iron shack and an FO cabin.i will need a lot of iron.as it builds up, i can check out some other buildings.
      as children grow up and become laborers,i do want to add a gatherer to the thatch meadow. question is which 1 will work.since i can't collect the foods,i doubt TOM's gatherer will.will the FO or mini? let's try the vanilla pine gatherer.
this was coded to be more universal.with it i add a tower hunter.mainly i don't want to overlap the village with a hunter. also it should gain some leather.

pic 1: iron hut and FO cabin.this will burn thatch.
pic 2: "planting" iron.
pic 3: pine mod's vanilla gatherer and he tower hunter outputs.KID's expanded theme toolbar

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 05, 2018, 01:18:38 PM
Just copy game/toolbar.rsc to your project and add visible = true to all objects you want to show. For example:

Toolbar townhall : "base"      {   bool _visible = true; Toolbar _parent = "services"; ...   

oh i did tried to add game/toolbar.rsc to my resource file.... without success. i am not sure though if the bool _visible = true; is there.

brads3

YEAR 13-15

one fort wall is finished. well except the corners that require cannons.i would like to put a market there and use extra time to clear and fill it.that way materials are there for construction.i am curious how the my precious mod,CC frontier,and the NORTH work together.
      there is a method or plan to my madness.between the lake and main river build a fort.along the river going north of the thatch meadow,production and trading posts.east of the river for forests.west of the SLINK markets for a NMT town.hopefully without crashing.

i am starting to show iron.the renewable resource mod passes test. now that we have iron,EB's wharehouse will supply the fort.the colonial provision store supplies food,clothing, and tools.

pic 1: provision store.
pic 2: EB wharehouse
pic 3: village well and butcher

brads3

YEAR 15-16

now that i have iron,the bannies can make some traps.the industrial market will be used to bring the iron for the smith.the laborers can do some clearing at the fort. the farmers are working to push the barley reserves up.since the bannies are working together so well this year,i have them move materials for an office and a barracks.
    the trapper brings in furs.he then does a lot of loitering around the village.

in may of year 16,7 new citizens arrive.now i can have some fun.2 familes with 2 9yt olds and a 4yr old.one family will stay and clear the fort.the other will make clothing from the furs and pelts.the fort stable will produce domsetic animals that can be used to build other buildings including a dairy stable.plus we will have a trade good.

pic 1: barracks and fort office
pic 2: trapper hut completed.notice the nice crates of charcoal
pic 3: pine mod fur tailor
pic 4:horse stables that produces domestic animals.

Nilla

You know, the trapper isn´t very successful when he´s together with a lot of other buildins. It should be located alone (with a house and a small barn) way out in the woods to produce good. (At least in a normal Nordic game, maybe some other mod makes it different)

brads3

yep,i am learning as i go. the pine trapper would have worked enough of the thatch meadow to be better.i am low on textiles.
   biggest thing slowing me up ,is having extra workers but living at home since they aren't 15yrs old yet.don't want to move them yet.have more workers than i need in a small area.

brads3

YEAR 17

I do hope those new players are paying attention.i should have mentioned some of the start mods.the no rain is working normal. the no smoke is but the charcoal pit is not as affected.there was smoke when it was operating but it wasn't overpowering or very dark.those 2 mods can help speed up computers since they take away graphics.they also make it easier to see or take pics.though i do have more wood from the trees, the bannies do run short on stone.hard to say how much those 2 mods are helping or if 1 is broken.the pine and nat div function except for the remove food tool.oddly i do think 1 of those tools is from the nat div mod.NILLA, with her micro-managing, would starve here.the forget orchard mod works as the pears did produce the 1st year and are not slowing down.never understood the other way. why wouldn't the farmer prune the trees and make you manually do that? i do have stone tools, so the bs mod works.some mods do add this option themself.the stone tools label to the bannies as steel but do wear out more often.

as females become 15yrs old,i add houses.a rye field and a workshop will give us flour.a smoke shed and pine lumber cutter are added as well.these should get our log count down. KID's animal shed will boost our milk.i do wish this had an option for sheep or pigs.

that was a busy year.the bannies even had time to stretch roads and clear nore land at the fort.

pic 1:lumber cutter
pic 2 smoke shed and more houses
pic 3: KID's animal shed,wish this had a wool option

Nilla

ME STARVING? So bad conditions aren´t possible! ;) You might have seen some people in my villages starve but in that case, it was deliberate to check something out!

galensgranny

Quote from: brads3 on March 07, 2018, 10:04:38 AM
YEAR 17

I do hope those new players are paying attention.i should have mentioned some of the start mods.the no rain is working normal. the no smoke is but the charcoal pit is not as affected.there was smoke when it was operating but it wasn't overpowering or very dark.those 2 mods can help speed up computers since they take away graphics.they also make it easier to see or take pics.though i do have more wood from the trees, the bannies do run short on stone.hard to say how much those 2 mods are helping or if 1 is broken.the pine and nat div function except for the remove food tool.oddly i do think 1 of those tools is from the nat div mod.NILLA, with her micro-managing, would starve here.the forget orchard mod works as the pears did produce the 1st year and are not slowing down.never understood the other way. why wouldn't the farmer prune the trees and make you manually do that? i do have stone tools, so the bs mod works.some mods do add this option themself.the stone tools label to the bannies as steel but do wear out more often.

Which "no smoke" mod do you use Brad. I see one or two on BlackLiquid's site, but also there is one on Banishedinfo.   I want a no smoke mod as you say it will help with speed. 

I never had the Bannies use stone tools, but I should start doing that instead of at first rushing to get iron tools made.  Since I have gone over to having iron ore first, that makes the need for another building to make iron ,and at the start, there aren't enough Bannies for so many things at once. 

I don't know about the Forget orchard mod.  Were we supposed to ever do something with orchards?  I always just planted them and ignored them.

brads3

i have CCNoSmoke and BlackLiquidRain.
    the blacksmith tool mod and some of KIDs will add the stone tools.i like doing stone and then build up to rough<iron ore> and iron.  by keeping a blacksmith on each you run less risk of running out of tools. when low on iron the stone make up for it. the bannies will use lower grade tools more but it can help depending  on what you have access to. it pays to work with the limits and use them to get some stockpiles of items early on.
     if you start with stone tools the mini mod combined with some of KID's like the workplace are handy. they have small easy to build pieces that give you a fast start.

the forget about orchard mod saves you from having to prune or cut the orchards every so often.if you don't do that, outputs of orchards should drop off after several years. without the mod, it takes a couple years to get a good output.with the mod, they will proudce the year they are planted.not as much as the 2nd year but still helpful and faster than the other way.it makes sence that the farmer would do the pruning himself.

NILLA,here you would. there is less food gathered when you send laborers out in the forests.the nat div and pine items aren't in sync with the remove buttons. when the pine gatherer or the bannies with a all remove find food, they will eat it.minor glitch. as long as i don't crash, i keep going.

galensgranny