News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: Vicks #6

Started by brads3, November 13, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

A pleasant looking part of the village. You know me @brads3; now when I'm back, pretty pictures isn't enough. I want statistics. ;) How is your food? You talked about an unexpected drop. Did the new fields clear the situation?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on December 10, 2017, 10:31:29 AM
A pleasant looking part of the village. You know me @brads3; now when I'm back, pretty pictures isn't enough. I want statistics. ;)

hahaha  ;D

by looking pleasant ... will you add some fences around those houses ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i still do the townhall charts.it will be year 30 for that.you came just in time to harrass me didn't you? this town had an issue. blueberry fields were producing at 2 times what they should have.as such i had a huge food reserve. it was mainly blueberry though. i dropped back to 1 field of them and added the pilgrim rest to bring the blueberry totals down. added more fields to cover the difference.needing logs, i sent the bannnies to work at clearing a road to the east stream. there we will locate foresters and sawmills. in the meantime, several years pass with no nomads.nomads cam as  a large group. we did get the forester built,a hunter,and gatherer.as we added a few housesd the food dropped.it is recovering but has slowed expansion down.
        we need the logs and leather. this had top be done. if it hadn't been for the blueberry c logging our reserves,the food would have been balanced better. there was over 3000 bluberries each year produced.figure that for a few years. had that been in walnuts and veggys,we would have been fine.the bannies drank all the ale too as i never lifted the alcohol limit.
       would you like more messes? this map has another goofy glitch.the bannies are known to kick teens out as a couple and make them live in the boardinghouse. hence i built 2 tokeep 1 open for nomads. this i believe caused the nomads to be in larger groups.my thinking is the boardinghouse has to be empty to have nomads. if there is 2 boardinghouses, both must be empty a certain length of time to trigger the nomads. now that there are 2 BH's,there is double the size of each group.i didn't want homeless teens getting kicked out so here we are.LOL
     i will add 1 other thing i notice but never prove. on save and exit, food seems to take a drop of several thousands. happens off and on sporadically. i blame myself for missing something since i can never prove it happens. has happened to other maps though now and then as well.you can check stats,everything is working fine. you do a few things save the game for the next day. the next day,you scratch your head/ where did my food go??? talking a years worth of food vanishing.

brads3

RED are you afraid of bears or wolves?these poor bannies are struggling to survive and you want suburbian fences?haven't used much decorations on thios map at all. usually i throw some benches around and lilac trees.i did do a fence and playground for the school. i left space to double the road later and do some decorating. i let the trees and brush grow back so we have it for logs when i start building the nice city to the west also. ohhh by the way sir,it took me a long time to "paint" your meadow field 1 square at a time. that was tedious.the snow covers the squares so you can only work part of each year. those 2 meadows are painted under but there is still more to do.that is enough decorations.

RedKetchup

hehe i know !!!

i asked cause i am seeing all those houses seperated by some 3-4-5 tiles with nothing... so i was wondering if you were planing to make some courtyards to each delimited by fences or something :)

brads3

actually think some of that is a differnce between european town layouts and american small town layouts. we have yards and over there they seem to build tight house to house like some of our cities.what is hard is 1 house can work 2 fields. that is 23 spaces wide but needs only 1 house of 4 spaces. plus a barn. i guess i could use KID's workplaces and push it to 1 house  for each field. but then i would have many little workspaces producing the same items.i did need to come back and use some of the space for some market carts.i have used some in other maps to help firewood production.i do try to leave some of the space for walkways to help the bannies move stuff faster. in this map i haven't even tried to figure it out really. i did need to get to the far east to get the forester and log production.
   in the past i have tried to use those spaces for maple or apple trees or even a gatherer.a forester will plant too many trees and a gatherer doesn't get enough production.

brads3

YEAR 29

it has been a busy winter with news from afar.there are rumors the LEGENDARY SUPER VENDOR has been spotted.we have held councils with the indians. all indian tribes throughout our land have sent word to all nations to send smoke signals. soon we hope to hear more news of rthe vendors travels.he was lost so long ago. hopefully he has had many children to help future towns.the rumors of the great nordic woman being lost ina glacier or ate by polar bears is false.there was even one where she was laying under a palm tree in the islands when a hurricane wisked her away.word has come that she has returned to her homeland in the north.

a clerk has been sent from the landing fort to investigate our storage system.we explained to him it is an ongoing project.he mumbles some crazy talk about "un-engineering the wheel to go faster........" before he can see how it truely functions,we must build our supplies farther and more housing is needed.
for now the workers are busy clearing for orchards.

storage issue: the colonial general store vendor is stuck in a loop. he tries to move coal and iron ore and can not store it in the store.this explains why that market has not been emptying food barns enough.the barn is an NMT which should be 1.06 and not store minerals. the compatability mod is overriding that.to add to the confusion these bannies are being weird today. twice i followed 2 different vendors and they carried items in and the items disappeared.they were not carrried out nor are they showing in the storage.the provision general store is disabled and the vendor will be sent to the industrial plaza.
         though the PC police might get called i lack a better way to say this. i think i met the super vendors retard cousin.the vendor switched to the industrial plaza collected iron ore from the plaza and carried it away.he was still listed as a vendor all the way back by the provision store pile.he unloaded the iron ore and switched to a farmer.the plaza was not full,it is at 70%. this is a 1.06 mod.he actually did pass several barns and markets.this does add to the mystery.
          EB's wharehouse is the fullest market. at 95-97%, the vendor unloads firewood and bundles to the WW corner market beside it. once back under 90%,he goes off to haul more tools.there is just enough movement of goods to hold the market at just under 90% and the vendor continues adding various tools.

storage issue #2: CC log cart moves coal. the bannies can not use it to heat their house and now the firewood cutter has to find his own logs.since there is only 1 log only storage option,KID's log depot,we will have to build an EB market that also stores construction material.before the coal mine,the log cart was functioning and helping our firewood.some of these issues are subtle.they work as you think when 1st built,later they run into problems as more materials are added to the map inventory. since i usually am expanding,i am sure there are many that i am not aware of.

the bannies have had a tough year.food reserves are low. they have worked to clear more orchards and build a barley greenhouse.they have spend the fall and winter, collecting any food they can find to the west from the start point north.hopefully they can get the food back up and more housing can be built.our boardinghouses are still full.that blueberry glitch  started the food issue. as it showed a huge surplus of food but it was only fruit.i tried to get back ahead of it but clear the road to the forest at the same time.i did drop back to 1 blueberry field and the tavern has used the surplus.he is now stopped.noone has gone hungry yet.progress has slowed for now.

pic 1:more orchards
pic 2; barley greenhouse
pic 3: EB market,note the provision market to the left in the center of our map to ship goods to the future city is shut down

Nilla

:D
Everyone can´t succeed in beeing a super hero, also not a super vendor!

brads3

this probably isn't the place for this.not everyone reads here. they stop by and admire pics. sometimes they tell me what i am doing wrong,though not often enough to save me.LOL. let me tell a story that many of you have heard of.maybe i can give more info and details.

THE LEGENDARY SUPER VENDOR

this happened way way back soon after i had added mods to the game. i did have CC and NMT. i had SLINKS markets and KID's rowhouse. this goes back to banished 1.04,so i still had the plus mod.i do not know what else i had. i do have the actual map code.it is the same map as the LOWESVILLE  and TOWNS.   http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1664.0;attach=16996;image
      at the time,i did not use many markets.to me markets was buying and selling. i did use SLINK's industrial market since it was the only barn to store stone and logs,instead of the material piles. this was 1 of the 1st times i used a working market. it was built to supply food and supplies for future houses to work a mine area that was in the northeast.
          there had been a lot of building and working to get roads and bridges to access this spot.from the start point it worked right over a stream. then north on a sliver of land between 2 lakes,and then across the north between 2 more lakes that took terraforming or bridges.those were fun to build since the ground is bumpy so it is tight finding level ground to start and end a bridge.along the way there would have been some fishing and houses.i won't say it was built up much,but i do think there was another market half way north to start moving supplies that direction.
      the  plan was to build a huge town to the south of the map since it was a large open mostly flat area. an industrial barn was set to store material as it was cleared there/farming had been started,so there were houses along the south shorelines. that sets the map up the best i can remember. as i said this was more than 2 years ago. i am not sure if houses were built in the far northwest corner yet. there may have been a couple for the laborers to begin digging the mines.

as i was checking the market to be sure enough supplies was being moved to support houses, i watched the vendor begin a long hike.since i had just started using markets,i probably was watching to see where he was pulling the goods from.at the time i thought the guy was half lost. he started from the corner near his small market and traveled all the way around between the lakes to the map center.then he proceeded south to SLINK's markets. he stopped at 1 of the markets and then headed along the south shoreline. at 1st, i thought maybe he lived way down there.he stopped at a house but everything he did after is bizzarr. he left this house,stopped at another house and a nother before going back to SLINK's markets.he then takes logs or iron to the center to supply a blacksmith or woodcutter.he continued doing this on his journey back north to toward his assigned market.
             since i was just starting to use markets,i didn't know what i had.there was only 1 vendor on the entire map.there were several markets of different types.the blacksmith and wood cutter had CC piles beside there workplaces. these would be just 1 tile or 1x3 tiles.instead of the generic general pile,these store specific. so the wood cutter would have a pile fior logs,the blacksmith a pile of logs and a pile for iron. so whenn i say the vendor stocked the blacksmith,he actually could have been storing into these little piles.if my memory is right,he did take supplies from them and drop them to the closest barn.
     with this being such a hike,i checked the other markets especially the far north 1 . they were all stocked. so this 1 vendor was stocking all markets and workplace piles at least.he also stopped and stocked houses. 1 vendor was doing the work of over 20 bannies.if we figure this out,it would be very handy to many maps.

up til now you all thought i was crazy.i actually figured it had to be a glitch. try as i have,i could not recreate the mod order to cause it.i have reloaded older mods at times and went back and reloaded KID's original rowhouse kmod,etc. the SUPER VENDOR had been lost.the other day,MALDRICK says the vendor has been seen by other players. he also says there are rumors it is because all markets are full. this info tells us 2 things. 1 : i am not crazy or at least in this case. 2: that it is not a glitch but is possable to recreate.
         i turned the info through my head but did not run any tests.if i started chasing him with tests,i might be a week of headaches trying. knowing the north market was set and started  to be supplied. it most likely wasn't full. @smurphys7  has done some testing and came back with more info. she claims the markets are store all goods. her claim is the vendor will work til he finds a set variety. so if there isn't many of 1 item,he will run around tring to find it before stocking what is closer by.there is also the story of the vendor who emptied an entire barn on the ground to reinventory the stock and put everything back.
      this info makes me think there is an equalibrium of sorts hardcoded into the game. it might be harder to find now with soo many flags.or it might be workable by using a 1.06 vendor. this  could explain how the vendor stocked piles as well. depending on how LUKE wrote it,all storage might be included. from watching my map yesterday,the carts and EB's wharehouse being full does not trigger the super vendor.the wharehouse unstocks itself. the cart vendors get drunk and play in the cemetary or harrass other workers.

it is a mystery but at least now there is hope. i do think such a vendor would be an important assett to many maps.knowing how to trigger it,would make the bannies more efficient. it would allow us to keep workplaces stocked and to help[ move food groups better as well.

kid1293

I had one sort of 'super-vendor' way back when I was playing
more than modding. :)

He actually walked all map and (I am not sure but it looked that way)
stole from other markets!
They let him and just carried on working in their neighborhood.
I checked this vendors market and it had stuff from the whole map!
So yes, I think it can be a positive glitch in the game.

brads3

@kid1293  i found a problem with the colonial provision market store.the vendor got fired. he was stuck trying to carry iron ore and coal into it and never could store it there. i tried making a pile nearby for him to use and then he loops from the pile to the store. i noticed he was having troubles emptying the nearby food barns. if you fix it can you take away the new flags so the market only stores food,clothing,tools,and firewood?

kid1293

I take it you want herbs too?

Like this?
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | WoodFuel | Tool | Clothing | Health;

I can fix that. It is reasonable.

edit - these are my numbers. Alright?

MarketDescription market
{
float _fillLimit = 0.99;

FillType _fillType
[
{
RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible;
float _ratio = 0.42;
}
{
RawMaterialFlags _flags = WoodFuel;
float _ratio = 0.32;
}
{
RawMaterialFlags _flags = Tool;
float _ratio = 0.10;
}
{
RawMaterialFlags _flags = Clothing;
float _ratio = 0.10;
}
{
RawMaterialFlags _flags = Health;
float _ratio = 0.05;
}
]
}

RedKetchup

"WoodFuel" is really a storage flag ? i thought it was "Fuel" the storage flag

kid1293

@RedKetchup
Fuel=CoalFuel+WoodFuel

@brads3 V2.01 On Nexus (under files tab, scroll down)
I have trouble uploading here to WoB. This is the best I can do.

brads3

i was out of town. will try loading tomorrow.