News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: RK CHOICE testing

Started by brads3, January 29, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

RK TEST phase 6 alter climate

along the way,i have looked at the different terrains and noted the temps.i said the game is set 1000 miles south of what i prefer. i have a couple ways to attempt to change this. note not everything is foolproof.the game generally loads the higher mod 1st and adds the lower ones in order.normally, the coding of the higher mod can not be changed by a lower mod.since RED didn't change the climate, this codng can be affected by a lower placed mod.

TEST nordic landscape mod below the RK. hope is to brighten some of the RK maps and add North climates. changes the deer to reindeer texture.north stone,rk copper and iron ores. this affects some terrains more than others.some maps are slightly brighter.the mini map menu does brighten even more than the terrains.

start climate mild north not vanilla mild.
              temperature drops 5-10 degrees f. lower this way. biggest difference is the summer temps.this will stunt the crops slowing down the growth rate.based on some quick tests,this will add a couple challenges to the game.

brads3

DS asked about the thatch flag.at the moment,it is totaling as firewood.it does store in the DS fuel market shed.

brads3

ran a short test with the nordic landscape mod

snow stays longer and falls earlier.summer temp is about 10 degrees lower.the other seasons are around 5 degrees lower. overall the growing season is shorter,crops are planted later.i think some crops will show more drop off in production. crops with a long growing season will be affected like watermelons,cabbage, or carrots, short crops like strawberry,barley, or tomatoes won't be affected.i think it will affect orchards even more.

i am content with this mod order and will use this.