News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Ponds V1.0

Started by kid1293, February 16, 2018, 03:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancientmuse

It's so crazy how Luke's game has made all this water stuff so ridiculously complicated.

You had a wonderful idea with this forest pond and fish farm thing, @kid1293.... it's too bad that it's turned out to be such a headache trying to get the stupid water to work properly.

I love your little pond.

:(

taniu

@ Kid 1293 :D Thank you. Great mods "Fish Farm" and "Forest Pond". In my opinion, it's OK. I have a photo - you can even see the "Medieval pond" - Red - but each mod is different and that's why it's great - water is water - I do not look at it, the most important is that it is moves . I support @ brad 3 when it comes to adding something other than fish - maybe growing rice or mollusk farming? I also mentioned adding crayfish, shrimp, etc. - the idea is great, but it depends only on You, will You add something? - Please. Regards :D

taniu

kid1293

OK @taniu - If you have a mountain you can add a waterfall now.

Actually, you can place the waterfall almost wherever you want.

It is in download :)

twilightbreeze

Did you make the non-transparent like this new one, with the waterfall??
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

Yes, non-transparent in first post in this thread. :)
Not as good as this but working.

twilightbreeze

Thank you Kid. Now I wish there was an elevation tool, so I could make a little hill where I want it, they can fish from there with the waterfall. Oh well.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Abandoned

Wow, the waterfall turned out great @kid1293 , nice texture and size of pond.  :)

taniu

@kid1293  :DThanks. You've always got some great ideas - I do not know how you sensed it but I have tried to make a waterfall with the "MaritimesRiffle" mod - but it did not work out - Great mod - You are a genius. :D Cheers!

twilightbreeze

I've got the latest pond and I just now build the one with the water fall....it looks like it is full of oil, lol. The regular pond is fine, this one is gonna make my bannies rich!!!  :P

RedKetchup

wait wut ?? i didnt saw this before !!!!

does the waterfall really waterfalling ?? ?? ?? ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

@twilightbreeze - This is another sign that your graphics card does not hold up.
Did you try the non-transparent version? (first post in this thread)

@RedKetchup - No, it is just a picture with water material (river) in front.
It looks rather good in game and you get the feeling it is falling slowly.

twilightbreeze

This IS the non-transparent version.

kid1293

I have no solution to that @twilightbreeze .
It is good on most machines and some are good with non-transparent versions.

Okay!! While writing this message I think I want to test a thing.
Here are both ponds without underlaying layer.
I test this on you, Twilight and if it turns out good I will release it.
No good having several versions and I am ready to admit that placing a
glass layer under water was an experiment (looked good on my computer)

I don't think it is save compatible since I removed a texture.
When I do that mods tends to crash when loading in save-game.
You may have to delete old ponds first and save, then update.

twilightbreeze

Ok, I will test it for you. It may be as you say, that my graphics are not really good. I have the updated drivers but my laptop is a couple years old.

I'll let you know in a little bit. I just wish people would stop getting angry or snarky with me for merely posting that there may or may not be glitches. Happening more often lately. I'm just trying to help.  :(

EDIT: Ok, I tried it and now the Waterfall Pond is there, and clear, looks good.....but the Regular Pond is empty, no water there. See pic. Just reporting, ok?