News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

First attempt at a detailed scene.

Started by theonlywanderer, November 17, 2018, 04:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonlywanderer

The stuff being done around here is pretty darn awe-inspiring!

I've messed around with scenery before, but never really done a specific setting or scene that was detailed out.   Decided to start with something small and see how well it goes.   Definitely a challenge to get things the way I want it.   I'm not concerned with building it during a legit game scenario so I'm using MegaMod and the debug mode to just play around.   I've done enough Banished to know I could easily do it during a legit game, so it's not an issue to me.   I'd rather avoid the grind and just have fun tinkering.

This is basically a small group of like minded bannies who got together to raise top quality sheep for both wool and meat.

This scene is for the living/working area of the settlement.    Now that they have their base settlement in place they are looking to expand either across the river or down the creek shoreline to a meadow where they can have the larger sheep pasture.

The pasture is dead center with a small birthing barn and two pens.  One pen is for slaughter prep and then straight over to butcher next to the storage barn.  They decided to fence in the butcher stall to keep area a bit more isolated.

The other pen next to the birthing barn is for general sheep maintenance/checkups/shearing, etc..

Small tool and clothing shed is on the other side of the birthing barn.   I need to change this out for something that uses wool... LOL!   Just figured out the current one only uses leather.

They also plan to start farming to become more self sustainable.

Gatherer

It looks very comfortable. A small garden of Eden. :)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yes it can be challenging to find time to decorate while the bannies are busy working to survive. using debug is a msrt way to do that.many of the deco peices are ghosted and don't cost materials anyhow. that is a good idea.

elemental

theonlywanderer

The little bannies have been hard at it.... things were getting cramped so they got to work on two more houses,

In the mean time,  some fishermen were traveling through and loved the area and the people! They got permission to settle on a little bend and worked out an agreement to help build the pastures and stables in trade for staying there.   Little did the sheep herders know these fishermen were expert builders as well.   Their camp was built amazingly fast and their help was  much appreciated since the stables and pastures went up in record time as well.

RedKetchup

your 2nd screenshot ... the building next water... looks a fishing dock....

it is possible in fact they are 2 buildings ? one foshing dock and 1 something else ?
thats unbelievable how they can fit and imbricate together !!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

A fishing Dock and a House from my Village Set it seems.

They are not designed to fit together but sometimes some things just fit, although not perfect.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

Surrounded with DS wharf pieces.

I really like the 'smallness' of this little village. It's something we don't see a lot of in screenshots.

Abandoned

theonlywanderer

Yep, it's the dock and a house from EMBX61 village set.   I originally had another darker log cabin there, but decided I wanted a more unified look and it worked out well.    Had to really search around for the proper deck pieces.  I tried dock pieces and quite a few other similar things, but they wouldn't allow placement there for some reason.   Then I found those and plopped right in and worked perfect.   Sometimes I don't even remember where I find things.  I am terrible about remembering where stuff is, I am constantly clicking and clicking going crazy to find certain things and then I realize it was in the ghosted menu that tends to have items non ghosted doesn't.   UGH!!!

embx61

The reason some Dock pieces cannot be placed is if they go over the footprint of the building so turn red.
The game not allow footprints on top of each other.

The only way is either ghosted or Road Enabled tiles in the footprint.

The problem with ghosted is that no floor can be assigned so the bannies will sink through the object.
I think the DS Wharf pieces are (Partly?) road enabled and because my houses have either 1 or 2 tiles road enabled under the roof overhang it could be placed there.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

theonlywanderer

So I might have to adjust that area and flatten the land under the wharf or they won't be able to walk on it?

I will take a look and see if any of them are going in and out of that house.

elemental

You shouldn't need to do anything. They should be able to walk on the wharf as it is now.

theonlywanderer

It didn't take long before the younger gen got together from both settlements!    They decided to split off and move across the river to a small area and start a dairy farm.   Took a few years for the dairy farm to settle in and become a stable trade, but it's doing well.   They were thrilled and decided to expand the farm somehow.  They determined it would be good soil for wheat and could also build a flour mill to maximize their value to trade markets.

They also established orchards for a couple local favorites...  apples and walnuts!   

Everything is moving along for the next gen of settlers.    Since the houses are starting to feel cramped (3 couples in each house), and wanting to have kids, they are looking to expand past the orchards.   They want to increase the use of cows and start trading beef.  They are planning a few more houses, a butcher shop and a smokehouse in the next few years.   Some of the women even discussed starting a bakery.   We'll see how it all goes!