News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Fish n Ships - In test

Started by kid1293, June 21, 2019, 11:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi.
Me and @Abandoned talked about expanding the Swamp mod.
We also wanted more texture alternatives so we decided on a separate mod.

Some houses and some workplaces. Swamp Thing in the background

Here is a neutral wood texture

Abandoned wanted jetties but I did not want another mod focused at building
on water. I added a basic jetty for fishing and later re-used it to make a crab
fishing place. It can be seen as a cheat but it takes work to get those crabs.
A simple jetty, you add a deco boat (to be unloaded) and you have a nice place
for some extra food.

Swamp house with a Crab Jetty

Since then I have added a few singular jetty pieces to build out a little more.
The new houses are possible to place near water. I had to restrict the placement
or I would need jetties for everything.

Follow Abandoned's story for more pictures.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3038.0

Artfactial

I love that style and texture variation, wonderful!:)

Abandoned

The building also have vanilla wood texture to match Kid Old Town mod, and the jetty pieces have a variant to match the mossy roof texture, very versatile selection.   :)

In story Gator Glade I used the plain wood texture for the fish jetty and did not realize it until later.  Later when there is enough food I demolish it and rebuilt it with the mossy texture.   :)  Some things are best not to build in the rain in the swamp  ;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Hi there RK!
Thanks for nice words! I hope you are feeling better! :)

Abandoned

Testing is complete, some minor changes were made, and Fish n Ships has now been released.  Thank you @kid1293 It is a nice addition to the game. 

Find link to download here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3070.0

Enjoy  :)

taniu

@kid1293 ;D thanks for the beautiful mod, it is very useful in the game. Thank you @ Abandoned for the beautiful story - "Gator Glade" I have a question for @Kid - could it be possible to add a mod to Farme - alligator - crocodile  breeding? I would be very happy - can only be deco croc-o-gatorami - and production - meat, skins, eggs? I liked the idea @Alranged that he put alligators - crocodiles? in the river. Thank you and best regards

kid1293

Hello @taniu - Nice to hear from you.

I am sorry but I think an alligator farm will too big and troublesome :(

Another thing. The alligators are not included in the mod. I made them separately.
Not much use for them but they were very good in the story.
If people want I can release them but they are not animated. Just deco.

taniu

@kid1293 ;D :DCan it be - as a separate mod? - I really liked this story - alligator farm - fits your climate - Fish n Ships - I know that unfortunately you can not create animations of additional animals - because it is not allowed by the game - but there are different farms - and farms of frogs, crabs, goats - it's an animation. I do not know if @ Redketchup - will release the "Rise of the Pharaoh" mod - he is ill now - I wish him to recover - I can only pray and wait patiently. Kid - if you make such a mod -Farmy- -? I will be very happy - I have a slightly different version - but this is just my idea - I think that such a mod would be useful - eg Only an alligator farm would be placed in an African climate? e.g. Morocco - @ angainor88? Thank you and best regards

:D :-[ :-\

Abandoned

@taniu I am glad to hear you liked my story, thank you.  You could make a fenced area for the deco croc-o-gators and place the Croc Hunter next to it.  You would get croc meat and hides - almost like a farm.  :)

taniu

@kid1293 , @ Abandoned :-\I play with modRK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 -, Colonial Charter v1.75  kid - mods- I do not have any starting conditions: Kid - Swamp Thing V1.01 - does it matter? Does this new mod "Fish n Ships V1.0" contain the KidSwampHousesV1.0 mod? @Abandoned - Chapter 7 are pictures Yr 6 Crocs.jpg and Yr 6 The Croc Meat & Leather.jpg - I do not have crocodiles? I was looking for? I do not know what the hunter's hut? - - did you mean it - Hunting @ Tom? - you wrote a quote, "You could make a croc meat and hides - almost like a farm." - I do not know how to do it? that's why I asked @ kid1293 to do such a farm - Very. Very please. Greetings :-[

Abandoned

@taniu Kid - Swamp Thing mod does have start condition and terrain, you do not want to use with RKEC or CC. 

There is mod Kid Swamp Houses that are the same swamp house but no start condition or terrain.  Here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=438

Kid - Fish n Ships contains buildings that match the swamp houses but also has matching vanilla and other wood.

@kid1293 will be releasing Swamp Legend for you, it is not included in Kid-Fish n Ships.  Kid- Swamp Legend has the crocs, a deco net, and a croc hunter building - also to match swamp houses and vanilla and other wood.

You could make a farm by placing croc hunter building and crocs.  Use the deco net or any fence to put around the crocs to make a pasture or farm. The croc hunter building produces croc meat and hides.  Here is picture of what I mean.   I hope this will help.  :)

kid1293

Hi @taniu ! I released the Swamp Legend. It is in the downloads.
@Abandoned made a good suggestion on how to build a croc farm.

Have fun :)

taniu

@Abandoned :D ;DThank you very much for your help and for explaining how to build a crocodile farm - now I can do it. Thank you very much for showing patience, but without the "Swamp Legend" mod - I would not do anything.Greetings

Abandoned

Thanks @kid1293   :) 

@taniu  :) I am sure you will enjoy Swamp Legend, I had fun with those crocs.  If you have a small pond on your map or small stream you could build croc farm around it so crocs have water too  :)  Have fun