News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD Suggestion / Request : Waterfront Decor

Started by TheOtherRick, December 12, 2014, 02:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherRick

I would love to see a set of waterfront decor pieces. Stone seawalls or wooden boardwalks...or both. The fact that Fishing Dock and Trade Post have tiles that are in the water suggests that this could definitely be achieved. I don't know about pathing for the bannies on them though. I have never noticed if the bannies walk on the parts of the FDs and TPs that are over water.

Paeng

Quote from: TheOtherRick on December 12, 2014, 02:44:29 PMI don't know about pathing for the bannies on them though. I have never noticed if the bannies walk on the parts of the FDs and TPs that are over water.

Yes, that's possible... (for a good coder, please don't ask me to explain how LOL)

Have a look at this teaser

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

TheOtherRick

Ooooo...I did! I posted there too...re: wooden boardwalks...greeeeeeed!  :P

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on December 12, 2014, 03:10:37 PM
Quote from: TheOtherRick on December 12, 2014, 02:44:29 PMI don't know about pathing for the bannies on them though. I have never noticed if the bannies walk on the parts of the FDs and TPs that are over water.

Yes, that's possible... (for a good coder, please don't ask me to explain how LOL)

Have a look at this teaser

@Paeng, you evil genius, you. I had always hoped for something OWW-like in Banished. By the way, not only do the Bannies walk on the over-water parts of the fishing dock and TP, but so do the deer. They walk across the bottom of the river until they get to the dock, then, POP! they are on the dock. Don't ask me to explain the pathing, though.

slink

The FD and TP work the same way as the stairs on multi-story homes and as the bridge.  There is an additional part of the model that is just a plane.  People can walk on those, even in the air and on water.  Unfortunately, they don't see them as elevated so they pop up onto them if they can walk in adjacent areas.  People can't, in water, but animals can.

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on December 13, 2014, 07:53:53 AMyou evil genius, you.

Tehehe... well, the 'evil genius' for this is ShockPuppet (of the BL dev team)...

* I haven't even started any modding on my own yet... tbh, I've become really lazy...  :o
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on December 13, 2014, 11:58:51 AM
People can't, in water, but animals can.

Normally. I've seen people take the underwater walk in two situations: One was way back in version 1.0 when builders would go out to the edge of the map to get around a creek. I once saw one head home across the bottom of a lake.

The other, @slink, is your magical stone bridges. Somehow they give laborers and builders the ability both to walk under water and to fly over the river as they deliver materials and build them. Remarkable structures, those bridges.  ;D

RedKetchup

bridges have a weird bug that happends ( not all the time, but sometimes ) when built next or very near a trading post
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .