Request: Pasture produce (meat and leather) location change to inside pasture.

Started by Gatherer, December 22, 2014, 11:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Could anyone change the location of meat and leather from slaughtered cattle, sheep and chickens to appear inside the pasture, near the wooden shack? Just like milk, wool and eggs?

Because I have noticed that my citizens are losing speed boost from stone roads. Im currently forced to remove and replace roads around pastures. But after a while the problem starts again. What exactly is left behind on the road tiles to make the stone road go "foul"?

Plus, it would be more visualy proper for all produce to appear inside the pasture.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

the placements points (dummies called: create_001, create_002 .. create_005) for those are saved inside the .fbx 3D graphic file. we dont have access to any graphic files from the game. only our files we are creating.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

So I've tried building a hedgerow around the entire pasture and then a stone road around the hedgerow itself to see what happens. I've put one hedge doorway on each side of the pasture with a stone road tile in the middle. I had my fingers crossed that meat/leather would appear on a stone tile under the hedge doorway.

It didn't work as I hoped it would. Apparently the meat/leather appears at the closest stone tile relative to the animal slaughtered. In my case on the other side of the hedgerow on the main road and not under the hedge doorway. And again my stone road went foul...
:(
Fiat panis.

slink

Maybe you can surround your pastures with sacrificial stone roads, that saves the speed of your road that is used for getting places.  Surround that road with hedgerows and maybe people won't use the sludgy one for walking anyplace but to and from the pasture.

Gatherer

Yeah, that does work, but it's not a foolproof solution. With that I have to minimize the hedge doorways to just 1 (Anything more...Once the citizens get wind on shorter routes they don't care if they are slower.). It needs more advanced planning, something not suited for already developed towns. It also eats up a lot of space.

One of the reasons the game needs more patching up. Or a pasture mod that replaces the old pastures.
Fiat panis.