News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Paeng - Village Journals

Started by Paeng, March 21, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Fantastic!!

Just one question. Does the river go around the lake ?  8)

embx61

Looking great as usual :)

Are the toolbar issues fixed Paeng since I uploaded new versions of about all my Mods?

And how is the roof from the Gatherer now that I made it thicker in the last version? (17006)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on August 05, 2017, 06:45:18 AMuploaded new versions of about all my Mods?

Sorry bro, I have not been able to dl all of the latest updates... I'll keep trying during this weekend, hoping for an occasional ray in the still lousy bandwidth...

Quote from: kid1293 on August 05, 2017, 06:35:08 AMFantastic!!
Just one question. Does the river go around the lake ?

It runs west to east hugging the coast by that port, then turning south... so south of that fishing island is actually a lake... yeah, the river kinda runs around the lake LOL  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

i really love that ground texture !
i find it alot more natural :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 05, 2017, 07:53:20 AMi really love that ground texture!

Yeah, me too... I'm not really one for verdant greens... :D
Also cool the new textures for fields, orchards and pastures - I was tired of those plain vanilla ones  :)

I still hope that one day we'll have a really great set of road textures that blend well into the surroundings... for now I revived those Wintin Roads (by Downloadmyheart) - there are only few I find useful (for my needs and taste), but at least there are a few with subtle colors... for Peak Valleys, the vanilla roads are just way too bright, actually screaming "loud" LOL...

Paeng

Asburnsville Part 2

After ~60 years the population has risen to more than 350 people, currently three hamlets are supported by a strong network of markets, roaming vendors and storage facilities.

The original settlement has not changed much - filled out a bit, the producers like blacksmith and tailor have nice shops now... same for the old harbor and fishing village, but you can see that development has been going towards west and south.

The salt- and leather-works have become a job motor for the region, with a hamlet starting to spill over to the southern bank. A fortified tower now protects the harbor approach.

Food-producing hubs (gatherers, hunters and herbalists) were resettled to light forests farther from the settlements.

The clerics were granted more land to tend the cemeteries and temples.

Across the old abbey, a new port was established, quickly developing into another fine hamlet.

Agriculture has been strengthened and expanded, now also raising sheep, new crops and orchards.

Natural resources, specially stone, are becoming scarce... looking east now to expand our settlements, and though we can well afford to import building materials we are planning to set up our own production - currently waiting for offers by EB & Associates to acquire mine and quarry technology... ;)

* We would also like to expand our fisheries with more drying, smoking and salting facilities, hoping that RK Technologies will soon open offices in our area...  :D

assobanana76

Paeng, I almost forgot the magnificence of your villages!
With 2 or 3 pictures you just refreshed the memory .. just .. just.. WOW!!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Paeng

Asburnsville

Just a quick heads-up... when we left off last time, we were talking about expanding into the east, but that turned out to be slow going. We decided to open our borders for some nomads to settle in, so first we started to prepare for more food, tools, clothes, healthcare, housing, schools etc. and sent instructions to the trade posts to import logs, small amounts of iron and stone, while setting up small mines, quarries and workplaces for additional laborers.

When we hung the red welcome lantern up near Paeng's abode, soon enough two bands of nomads - about 120 people - took up our offer to become citizens.

Our calculations turned out to be quite accurate - except for food... as the town grew to about 500 people, our food dwindled from 250K down to 50K, so expansion plans were put on hold while the farming areas were expanded to the north-west, all the way to the mountains.

The nomads planted new nut orchards and introduced oil presses, new glass-making techniques, or found work as miners, brewers, wood cutters and so on... meanwhile we had to struggle with some outbreaks of formerly unknown disease, invluding a prolonged spell of dysentery, which also claimed some lives.

It took us about 15 years before the new citizens were settled in, food became stable again, kids all went to school and housing was again distributed properly.

By then we had been able to bridge the north-eastern lake and finally establish a foodhold in the eastern wilderness.

Hopefully, new hamlets can be established soon, as our population has reached over 600 by now (~year 75)...

:)

Abandoned

None of the pictures are showing up here either, just large empty spaces with small box with an x inside.  What a shame, they are such great pictures.  I have Internet Explorer.  :(

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on August 28, 2017, 05:03:31 AMNone of the pictures are showing up here either

Well, it's already been verified that there seems to be a problem with MS browser(s)... or win 10 maybe?

I see the pics fine in mozilla, chrome, opera...  :)

EDIT

I just googled "images not showing in IE" and got 243.000.000 results of others complaining the same...

Maybe some digging will reveal what you can do about it... I don't have IE, so I won't dig...  ;)

galensgranny

I quit using Internet Explorer years ago after I tried Firefox.  I advise downloading a different browser to use instead of Internet Explorer.

embx61

I use Chrome from now on.

I get a bit tired of Micro$oft keep breaking stuff  with their updates. >:(

I finally installed Chrome after getting nuked when I was on Youtube if I wanted to install and use Chrome.
Advertising is part of any business but you have to nag me every single time I go to Youtube to try Chrome Google? Really?  ::)
At least now with Chrome installed that nag is gone so we can say on the other hand that freaking nagging worked for them. LOL

It is not directly windows 10 related as I am using 8.

Abandoned

I have windows 7 with Internet Explorer.  My husband's laptop has windows 10 with Edge and I can see the pictures just fine.  Maybe Microsoft will fix it with next update.

Gatherer

@Paeng
On that last picture with diagonal jetties do you ever get bannies dropping through them for a split second? I'm getting that in my current town and only ever on diagonal pieces.

P.S.: And as always magnificent images.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

Not sure but I had one time the floor object as steps and on the bridge as several boards.

Because there is a little bit of space between those boards the bannies indeed drop down for a split second,

I fixed it by deleting all the boards for the floor beside the first and last one and dragged the vertices of the first board to the end of the last board and aligned it up.

After that I deleted the two boards left over and had a solid floor and the bannies just walked without hopping like a Kangaroo.

I think that Discrepancy have the angled pieces separate from the straight on his floor.
If he ever comes back it is easy to fix by combining the two on the floor.