News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crash while saving

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2017, 08:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I had a crash, that as far as i can remember, I never had before. It occurs while saving the game. The first time, I think it was autosave but it also happens when I try to save manually. It's weird, because it's not a new game. I've played it for several days. No problem to save before. The menu says; "A fatal violation has occurred in Runtime-x64" . Does anyone know what this is?

Edit: this is even weirder. I tried my last unmodded game. I can save it but the menu looks strange. And i can't load the saved game again.

Abandoned

@Nilla I had that happen when I was doing my mountain mission map.  I don't remember exactly, but the problem started when I tried remove the nomad well because I was getting nomads at the mission also, too many nomads.  It started when it was auto saving.  The weird one in the menu is the auto save that didn't finish saving.  If I remember correctly I deleted auto save file, went back to previous good save of map, got a good auto save, played a little, left the well alone, then saved and exited if I remember correctly.  I didn't lose my map.  Hope that helps.

Nominix

I also have received this error while removing a mini well that attracts nomads. Every game that I removed it in it started bugging and then crashed. It could also be corrupted files, and given your edit it does sound like you have some corrupted runtime files. Id reinstall the game and see if it continues.

Nilla

Thank you! I did actually remove the Nomad well. I will try your tricks @Abandoned and if i doesn't work, reinstall Banished!

Nilla

I went back to a save, where I still had the nomad well. It seems like everything works fine. I can save the game manually. It also made an auto save. The saves from my vanilla game still looks odd but I don't need them so I will delete them. Again: thank you @Abandoned and @Nominix. I don't think I would have got the idea, that the Nomad well would cause the trouble myself. Maybe @kid1293, there should be a warning; not to delete the well, when it's once built. (or maybe there is something I haven't seen)

kid1293

Will test Nomad Well and come back.

kid1293

I can't make it crash (lucky me)
Been running and deleting well. For how long?
I can make a note on download page.
I just don't understand why it happens.

Agnes53

Never delete the nomad well! The game will crash. I have experinced this many times. I built the nomad well at the beginning and used it for some time, just to get some extra citizens, I deleted it as soon as I didn´t needed it more, and then the game crashed... Now I never delete it.

Abandoned

@kid1293 Did you only have the well that would attract the nomads?  I had the well plus the mission church that attracts nomads on the same map.  As soon as the builder started to dismantle the well, it froze.  It froze when auto saving also.  Then I couldn't save at all.  I thought it was because I had the to nomad attracters. 

Nominix

I also had built another building that attracted nomads. But I just dont remember which it was. The lighthouse perhaps...i really dont remember, but in all cases I was using the megamod. Once I built the other building I would remove the nomad well and all manner of bugs would start happening until it crashed and all saves were corrupt after that point. I havent tried using just the nomad well and then removing. IIRC I had always built some other structure to get nomads before removing.

kid1293

So it's maybe in the code.
You can edit and change the nomads but only one?
I can see that there are conflicts if Luke has only one main code for nomads.
So for now I wonder - Did these crashes happen with only one attractor?
I have tested with only the well and deleted and run and nothing happens.

Hawk

This may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but I had the mini town hall (from the mini buildings mod) on the map I'm playing. I then built a village hall (from the DSSV Beta V-1.1 mod) and deleted the mini town hall, and so far, after playing a couple of years, I've had no problems.
Both have the Nomads tab.

Here's the list of mods I have installed, in the order they're set up in the mods list within the game (this is when having the spoiler BBCode available would be nice  ;) ).

QuoteCheapTunnels
professionsBox
banishedUImaps
banishedUI
DSSmallVillage Beta V-1.1
DSWagonVendor
DSRoads
DSFences
WoodButcher
TjurkoMill
MiniBuildings
ebbakery
edfix
OldBakeryHouse
OldBlacksmith
OldHunterHut
OldTailorHouse
Tiny
rowhouse
ebfarmstand
EBChurch
EBApothecary
EBFarmhouses
ebbarn
library
college
LessFog
CityRoads
littlehouse
BostonHouse
CountryLittleHouse
MilkFromCows
hydrafastroad25
ForestOutpost
Gridlines
monastery
rootcellar
Radius
endiadika6RealCalendar
sawmill
SpecializedStockpiles
SpecializedTradingPorts
grainsilo
TimeIsMoneyAltVersion1ByDarkbibou
TreeHouse
VillageSchool
warehouse
Mathieuso_Stone_Bridge
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Nominix

Quote from: kid1293 on February 06, 2017, 02:13:24 PM
So it's maybe in the code.
You can edit and change the nomads but only one?
I can see that there are conflicts if Luke has only one main code for nomads.
So for now I wonder - Did these crashes happen with only one attractor?
I have tested with only the well and deleted and run and nothing happens.

Ill do a couple test runs later tonight and post the results.

Nominix

Some Results - All cases ran under megaMod v0.06

1st case -use nomad well without any other attractor - No problems noticed (ran as a seperate game than the other cases, removed and rebuilt the nomad well several times with no issues)

2nd case - built nomad well first, waited till i got first round of nomads, built midevil lighthouse and removed nomad well  - no problems noticed

3rd case - with lighthouse intact, rebuilt nomad well waited on another round of nomads,(Nomad well is where they showed up) accepted them - no problems noticed

4th case - with both nomad well and light house built,built the vanilla town hall (no waiting for more nomads) - all three running no issues

5th case - removed nomad well (left the lighthouse and town hall intact) and waited till next round of nomads (showed up at lighthouse) - as soon as accepted - got immediate bugs - was getting worse as i ran it so I shut it down.

Conclusion - It seems to bug when it has to choose between attractors and one of them is not there. This needs more testing to see if it is indeed only the nomad well or if it is indemic to all attractors and the game simply does not like to have to choose between attractors once it has ??registered them???? or something like that. No clue what the code looks like behind the objects.
Guess it could also be because the nomad well is on a yearly cycle and the others are on longer cycles. As the nomads show up and the well is not there it sends them to another attractor but since its not time for these nomads as the other attractor is on a different cycle it fubars??? Just needs more testing.

kid1293

It all makes sense. I have edited the nomad spawn time and that can be a global
variable in the game.

I think it's best to use only one attractor in a game.