News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Soft drink factory

Started by 1, October 27, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I get this idea from embx61 ice cream carts mod. There is so much alcohol for bannies in the game, but no soda pops for Temperance movement and for the kids. Apothecarys started to sell carbonated mineral waters in late 1700s, rather than do apothecary mod for those drinks, i think its much more fun to do whole soda pop - soft drink factory.  Drinks like lemonade, birch beer, ginger beer, ginger ale, cream soda, dandelion and burdock, apple... Tonic water against malaria. Maybe cola? Or is cola too modern for bannies? Tonic water needs quinine, from trader. No need for cinchona tree mod. First i was planning to make this mod by myself. I looked tutorials by Discrepancy. Try to learn use Blender... well its not easy. My experince for modding is total zero, so i cant do this mod. So much learning, if i ever learn. If some modder think this is a good idea for a mod? It would be nice too see it in the game. I have used so many mods in this game, and i want to say thank you, all of those who make mods avaible for everybody to use.

brads3

what food source shoud they be tagged as? fruit or veggy since some are made from roots? the colonial mod has the Pilgrim's Rest which does make rootbeer.still is tagged luxury thou.

Goblin Girl

I would say that sugary drinks are indeed a luxury.  Unless you make your soda pop with Brussels sprouts, in which case it's just an abomination.  :D

galensgranny

I like this idea.  I would want the sodas and fruit drinks to provide the same happiness and provide the purpose that liquor does in the base game.  So they would need to be tagged as luxury.

Since Banished is not set in any one time period, it is fine for anything to be made for the Bannies.  I never imagine my Bannies being in the middle ages, but rather in the 1700's - 1900's where they don't have much technology.   

As 1 said, at first carbonated waters were tonics for health and sold in drug stores (apothecaries). But after sugar got added, then they were mostly just tasty drinks for fun and separate shops were opened just for fun social gatherings.  Such places were termed "Soda Parlor" or "Soda Shop".  They had ice cream as well.  I would like a Soda Parlor (non alcoholic tavern) in my Banished towns.

Yes. Then soda jerk would be new profession for bannies.

galensgranny

Quote from: 1 on October 28, 2018, 12:10:46 PM
Yes. Then soda jerk would be new profession for bannies.
Yes!  I was thinking that same thing!  :D

Maldrick

Looks great, 1!

I've been taking my time with a project after only doing one mod before.  Watching Blender tutorials is a great way to go.  Not everything applies to what we need to do for modding, but with learning what others do and lots of practice it gets a lot smoother over time.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

:) Anyone who can survive the initial work with Blender is to be respected!
I think you will learn how to code it into the game. Now you have to!  :D :D

Interesting choice of texture. Makes me think we maybe missed something
to make it nice!

Good work. This will be interesting.

:)

galensgranny

That's a nice style of building.

Kimbolton

I agree the building looks nice.

Tom Sawyer

The texture looks like fun. Reminds me of our Agave Empire.. ;D

RedKetchup

yeah trying this on linux.... i understand that you feel so stupid.

once upon a time, 20 years ago, i tried to format and put linux..... i also felt so stupid when i saw it doesnt even reconized a .exe
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .