News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Boxes of apples

Started by mrbisonm, May 14, 2017, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Ok, thank You both so much, RedKetchup (pas besoin d'etre désolé) and QueryEverything. I will do/try what you said/ recommended later this week when I will find the time to play again and certainly be back here to report. Thank You

Fred

mrbisonm

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 16, 2017, 12:26:26 AM

1)  it does conflict with Busy Laborers, so you need to disable that mod
2)  the 2 buttons on the left of the Wild Crops, which you circled in Blue are ones you need to use for harvesting

So, I would suggest: 
1)  Disable Busy Laborers
2)  Make sure ToL is right near the very top of the list
3)  Try using all the different clearing tools :) 

Ok, so I tried all kinds of things and I think as you said, with all these updates, mods and versions etc, there will be no picking up of the apples anymore. Well, I never could pick them up, so it really doesn't matter that much. I can play the game without problems and fun just the same. Thanks everyone for joining this thread. Your presence/suggestions and help was appreciated. ;)

Maybe I find something else that I need your experience/Advice for, till then, have a nice one. :)

Fred

QueryEverything

Sorry it didn't work out @mrbisonm :(  But at least you know you've tried to get it to work :)
Just remember to disable Busy Laborers & change your load order (as above) when you want to run ToL :)

Have a great game Fred :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

mrbisonm

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 18, 2017, 12:25:08 AM
Just remember to disable Busy Laborers & change your load order (as above) when you want to run ToL :)

May sound strange, but what exactly is ToL?
Thanks
Fred

QueryEverything

Tree of Life Fred :)
The mod that you've been using is referred to as ToL by some players :) 

And no, doesn't sound strange @mrbisonm :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

mrbisonm

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 18, 2017, 06:06:09 PM
Tree of Life Fred :)
The mod that you've been using is referred to as ToL by some players :) 

And no, doesn't sound strange @mrbisonm :D

Don't get me wrong, but I am somehow lost here. Is ToL *Busy Laborers* ? Or what mod exactly......?
Thanks and sorry being a little innocent about this.

Fred

kinda feel silly now.........

RedKetchup

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 19, 2017, 03:49:33 AM
Is ToL *Busy Laborers* ?

T for Tree
o for of
L for Life

^^

ToL for Tree of Life , a mod you are using Fred
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@mrbisonm those are 2 different mods, if you go back and reread my last post to you on this thread I have them underlined and described what they do and advised not to use the mods together.

mrbisonm

Sorry guys, I mixed myself up (I'm very good at this sometimes) When I loose the common sense of something, I don't find it back so easily. The common sense  that is.
Thanks,
Tree of life and Busy labourers.....have to remember this and try it again ingame. Will do.

Fred

Abandoned

@mrbisonm no need to apologize.  Lots and lots of mods, easy to get mixed up.  I take notes.  :) Enjoy the game.

QueryEverything

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 19, 2017, 04:36:08 PM
Sorry guys, I mixed myself up (I'm very good at this sometimes) When I loose the common sense of something, I don't find it back so easily. The common sense  that is.
Thanks,
Tree of life and Busy labourers.....have to remember this and try it again ingame. Will do.

Fred

Hi Fred, @mrbisonm :)  It's fine, these things happen :)  Somethings are easily overlooked, can't see the forest for the trees (or apples in your case, or can you? haha) ...  Seriously though.

Because I had gone back over the older threads and followed the link I posted, I'd just gone ahead and figured that you'd recognise the ToL acronym, a good help desker shouldn't assume and I apologise. :)

So, moving on from my post above: (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1719.msg33808#msg33808 )
- Disable "Busy Laborer", you don't need it - it is within the ToL v2 (Tree of Life, Version 2) and will cause conflicts if left enabled.
- Try either of the 2 buttons to the left of the circle ones (the blue circled one)

- Admire the pretty baskets of apples, if all else fails :D

Abandoned

@mrbisonm as I said busy laborers allows your laborer to collect vanilla roots, mushrooms, and berries.  You may want to use it on maps instead of tree of life which often conflicts with other mods, ones that have their own special start conditions.  You would not want to use busy laborers, wild crops, or tree of life with new flora.  It is for you to choose which to use and which not.  :)

mrbisonm

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 19, 2017, 08:08:50 PM
Quote from: mrbisonm on May 19, 2017, 04:36:08 PM
Thanks,

Fred

Hi Fred, @mrbisonm :)  It's fine, these things happen :)  Somethings are easily overlooked, can't see the forest for the trees (or apples in your case, or can you? haha) ...  Seriously though.

Because I had gone back over the older threads and followed the link I posted, I'd just gone ahead and figured that you'd recognise the ToL acronym, a good help desker shouldn't assume and I apologise. :)

So, moving on from my post above: (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1719.msg33808#msg33808 )
- Disable "Busy Laborer", you don't need it - it is within the ToL v2 (Tree of Life, Version 2) and will cause conflicts if left enabled.
- Try either of the 2 buttons to the left of the circle ones (the blue circled one)

- Admire the pretty baskets of apples, if all else fails :D

Ok, I tried everything possible, enable and disable, even take out many mods etc....and so on. Nothings makes those appleboxes touchable. So, I will admire them, that's all. I wasn't able to collect them for some years, and it won't bother that I can't now. ;) I only wanted to know, what these were. Maybe with no mods at all they will work......havn't tried that possibility, but then...no thank you. I'd rather have the mods than the apples.

Quote from: Abandoned on May 19, 2017, 08:23:00 PM
@mrbisonm as I said busy laborers allows your laborer to collect vanilla roots, mushrooms, and berries.  You may want to use it on maps instead of tree of life which often conflicts with other mods, ones that have their own special start conditions.  You would not want to use busy laborers, wild crops, or tree of life with new flora.  It is for you to choose which to use and which not.  :)

I have put all back to where it was, and now I still have all the stuff from ToL and also the busy labourers, just as everything worked before. Like I said above, I didn't have the possibility to pick up the boxes before, still not now, but I have fun continuing the game as before, without conflicts and crashes.

Thank You everyone here. It was much help and very much appreciated. I'll be back with something else maybe later. ..... ;)

Fred

QueryEverything

Good luck on the continuing adventures Fred, @mrbisonm :)

Just remember that when you do use the Tree of Life mod, you do need to disable the Busy Laborers mod - the modder who created them both has it on their page.  :)

This has now become the grand adventures of the immovable apples, and it was an interesting ride.  :)

mrbisonm

I don't have to disable the Busy Labourer's mod, everything is back on my list as above and the game is doing very well. Thanks, and yes, it was an interesting ride. ;)