News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hobbit World

Started by RedKetchup, July 04, 2015, 04:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

@RedKetchup , have you given any thought to finishing this project? I'm attempting my own version of Hobbiton now by using the DS hovels and basically just pretending they have round doors!

RedKetchup

i am very sorry i have no plans to continue on this, digging and placing buildings on a slop of a mountain is very frustrating
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jewelz

I would be happy with roundish houses with round doors and a grass roof. They don't need to be actually underground.

I think you had a great start!

Glenn

Red, you could always try converting an old root cellar mod into various dwellings

Jewelz

I was wondering about that very thing, Glen. I wish I knew how to mod!

kid1293

Hi. I have followed the discussion with interest and it is sad that RK will not continue.
But... he is well worth taking it cool after all his years here :)

I decided to grab hold of the Hobbit idea and make some houses.
For now it is only a Beta with four houses in two textures.
I made the houses both buildable in a mountain AND as free-standing.
My wish is to continue with this, given time and strength. But it has to
be a long, slow project.

Here are some houses.

This could maybe be a Tavern with a proper sign?
For now it is a big residence.

Beta testfile in attachments

brads3

CC does have some similar buildings in the  orchard forest addon mod. would match up nice with KID's houses.

Abandoned

CC Orchard Forester is pictured farther back in this thread - reply 25.   :)

These Hobbit Houses will also go nicely with Kid Forest Deep

Jewelz

Oh WOW! Those are fantastic, Kid!! The door hardware looks so cute! Love love love the window details, and the flower boxes are a very sweet touch.  I would add chimneys, though. Hobbits love their hearths. ;)

Would you consider a dirt/rock colored roof for the mountain version? I would also love a red door.

Abandoned, I am using Forest Deep in my pseudo-hobbity world right now. It does have a very Middle-earth feel and blends in quite nicely. I'm also trying to keep everything small, so only bitty stuff, and Kid's small workplaces, etc. I'm almost exclusively using Kid's Farmyards. They just are so stinkin cute.

I'm going to go look for the Orchard forest addon you guys are talking about.
Edited: I saw that, but could not find the download for it. I even did a search on Blackliquid forums. I'll try again.

Jewelz

Looks like orchard forester is only available as part of megamod and not alone? Is this correct?

brads3

nope but i couldn't find it. someone please move this to the download section. thanks

Jewelz

Thanks, Brad! Do you know if I can add it to my current saved Hobbity game without wreaking havoc?

brads3

you should be able to at the bottom.

Jewelz

I was able to add it, no problem, but I only got the gatherer hut (which is adorable) but not the little white hobbit houses Taniu has pictured here. Any thoughts?

brads3

did you check a new game and see if it is because you added the mod later?