News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

About Ports

Started by Paeng, October 21, 2016, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

CC has several types of animals. normal animals like the vanilla game that go to pastures and act like animals.trade animals that breed and you trade,also,domesitc animals that go to the small pens. where i think the confusion starts is the traders sometimes list "animals" not "trade/domestic",hence you buy animals and not only dont you know which you bought but the game might not as well. this has been an ongoing problem for discussion at CC. i don't use the stable mod. the other day i noticed the trader brought animals that were different prices than normal. i didn't buy any.
  now is it a mod conflict or just a CC problem?? it could be both. i think part if it is in the stable mod's codes.hopefully it is fixed in the next version of CC. if you are running the mega mod you may find the problem is worse. too many mods coded together. whereas,if you put the individual mods together yourself,you might have more control as to which loads above another. the mega brought its own set of problems. again i don't use that either.so far i have seen 2 small pieces that i wish i had. that out of how many mods thrown in that basket??

paralias

Quote from: Paeng on January 08, 2017, 07:16:34 AM
Quote from: paralias on January 08, 2017, 03:58:56 AMstorage is ok but it can be achieved with kralyerg ridiculous storage mod

Well, but that mod makes ALL storage "ridiculous", right? I would not want that, I only want larger storage for the port...  :)

Quote from: kid1293 on January 08, 2017, 04:18:05 AM
@paralias - This mod is not covered by Ridiculous Storage, maybe they update.

what i wanted to say with my bad English is : i very much like alot that the trade port has alot of storage
but i mainly asked and wish and hope if it can be done to make it bring more than 30000 which is the top a trader can bring...
only @RedKetchup s traders bring more.... if i remember correct its 40000

QueryEverything

Thanks all, Nothing could be done, in fact I went on & tried the Tiny Trader and similar.
The Bison took a while to move from the Livestock though.

I've started a new map, but will work the port precinct differently and see what happens :) 

I've checked the Trade Animals and they are working fine, I went from purchasing 4 then they bred up 10, in the pasture, and even when split they still didn't move.  I have screenshots of miraculous little baby horses growing on the trader tile :) :) 

The mods in MM & CC produce (in the Trader) Trader Animal (v1):  800, (or 400) and you can buy more than 1 at a time, this is what goes into the pastures; Trade Animal (v2): 250, purchase 1 only per trader), this goes into dry storage, I made this mistake yesterday and couldn't figure it out until I watched what I paid, as the Trade Animal variant doesn't show, only the cost is the giveaway as to the differences between the 2. :)

The Stable produces Domesticated Animals (non descript as to species) which goes into building the little Animal Pens, which produce meat & byproduct of: Cow, Sheep & chicken.

The only thing I hadn't known about yesterday when I posted over on BL's site was that there were 2 versions of the Trade stock, but, when I purchased the horses above, I definitely bought the ones that go to the pastures, they were 800ea.

For what it's worth, these were all great trouble shooting answers, great work, thanks everyone, it just so happens in this case it wasn't buggy code, as much as it was a pathing error which I simply can't fix, now those beasts are procreating on a rogue tile!!  haha.

I also don't know if it's an issue with the tile have been terraformed, ie, does the game animal have issues in not recognising that it's a water tile, where land was, or land where water was.

Same map seed, but new map, and this time I'm creating 'save paths', so, have the save go all to the point of before I start to build my port precinct, then save with 3 diff names:
Map Vanilla, Map Terra Port, Map vanilla Port, with the 3rd new save: Map Port rearranged.
This way I can see at what point there is a bug, and then work out if it is an actual bug, or just my beasts are a little short on the bright side. 

I'll be back :D 
Thanks @kid1293 , @RedKetchup , @TheOtherMicheal & @brads3

@kid1293 , coming back to my other question though, will we be able to please have the brick in a matching road please & texture to the 4x4 pasture?
I'm so cheeky, and annoying, I know this :D :D :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

i blieve if you flatten the ground the game does recognize that. you can build over the ground say in the middle of a lake by using it. thing is there are 2 versions of that also. theres a mod plus CC has it coded in already.the animals not moving is not just you. i've seen others at Cc have that problem. and as you noticed they will breed that way.definetly a code problem.way i understood what KRAYLERG said was somewhere in the middle of the code it goes from "trade animal" back to animal.

elemental

So... the superport idea. How about a superport built on Red's canals? It would be easy to place because it wouldn't be on the shore. Visually it would be impressive to see a large building with its own canal access. Part of the building could even be over the canal, with a dock underneath.