News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid's Workshop

Started by kid1293, January 24, 2020, 05:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Kid, I like how the three yard covers look.   :)
Something I very much would like is a house the size of medium houses in your Stone House Addon (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=279 )- basically square 4 x 4 house, but with the stone wall and multi- colored tile roof texture from the houses in Granny Park (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=375 ).    It doesn't have to be considered any kind of update to any existing mod- just an extra house.

elune@gmx.us

It would be nice to have a ground cover, something like in deco from CC (ghosted).  :)

CookieBarrel

May I join in? :)

I hope this qualifies as simple and not part of any mod.

The FlowerBed from KidSettlers looks good and draggable.
But I'd like to be able to use it to cover roads to blend the look of the house wagons and storage cart models traveling down a road.
So basicly taking the blocking part out, ghosting it and adding a road, grass and or trail textures to the FlowerBed model. In affect creating a draggable RoadBed model.

kid1293

I am not sure I can make it ghosted though. I never tried.
Textures need a dimension to stretch out. Ghosted is basically null.
Is it enough if I make it a real roadbed? (square area of roads)
I'll try.

kid1293

No, I give up. I have tried and tried. It is not working.
I end up with a road area where the bannies are happy to run fast. Like a road.
But - You can not blend it with other adjacent roads. It leaves a gap between.
You can not build anything on it. Not even another road.
So - it is not a road but it behaves a little like a road.

Sorry for this. And ghosted things have no footprints.

CookieBarrel

Wish I had got back here earlier and saved you sometime!

Years ago, someone over at BlackLiqued, had tried the draggable road, also without success and deemed it not possible.
Sorry you went through that.

I was very impressed with your draggable flower bed and thought making it ghostable was possible.
Apparently, it has similar limitations.

Thank you for your efforts and sorry that I wasn't more clear.

kid1293

No worry! Thanks for cookie :)

Jewelz

Well, it looks fantastic, Kid! It looks super cool when overlapped, too. Check it out in my town plaza:

kid1293

Great! :) Glad it worked.
That's a nice town you have there :)

Nilla

I miss a Västgötsk/Småländsk stenmur in Banished. But maybe, we two are among the few people who know what it is and I seldom use decorations, so maybe it´s not such a great idea.

These walls were very common in the area I live in. The ground was full of stones so the people who once cultivated the area didn´t know what to do with all the stones, so they started to build all these stone walls everywhere. It was practical to surround the fields with these stones; wind and animal protection and when new stones "popped up" after the frost, they could be put on the top of the wall without too much carrying around. A piece of cultural history. Most of them have been torn down as farming got more and more modernised but I still have a piece on my ground, very much like the one on the picture.

galensgranny

Nilla, I know those field stone walls.  My grandparents had such a wall on the side of their property in a rural area, in the US.  I would like those kind of walls in the game.

kid1293

Hej @Nilla

I wish I could make a nice stone wall. It is very hard to make pieces without repeating them endlessly.
Also, the edge between one piece and the next will have to match or there will be gaps. They have to
match on all sides depending on how you rotate the wall piece. It is near impossible to do.

Jag är ledsen. Du får gå ut i trädgården :)

kid1293

I have updated it with a Block Path. The complete mod is also updated

It is a road which forbidden for bannies. They will avoid it most of the time.
Maybe they cut across if they are in a hurry...
Also, a Gravel Road in the same texture to make passing on railways.

The Block Path is limited in use. It can not cover diagonally. You can build
several, side by side.
One more. There is no path under Engines or Cars. It must be done in the
mod they come from. I am not prepared to change all in my Railway to
include gravel under them.

kid1293

:) Hi, Number One!
I am only taking a short time off now and then.
Christmas was a good time for a break but now it feels good to work again.
I still learn a lot and it is also fun to experiment.

Abandoned

I have a small request @kid1293.  I remembered reading a post saying it would be nice to have deco children to use with playgrounds.  The post was made with a screenshot by @banishedsanni on the Jinxie Festival Park thread.

My request is for the children's playground from Granny's Park to be made separate and have some deco children added - dressed to match vanilla clothes.  Please.

Thank you for considering my request.  :)