News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Strange crop problem

Started by Abandoned, November 30, 2016, 02:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

I planted a small field of cotton (Slinks Cotton & Cotton Tunic mod), the field was planted but all that showed up in field was dark shadows where plants should have been.  The crop was harvested okay.  I had this happen once before on a different map with sample lettuce mod. Thought maybe it was because of Better Fields mod, but I had no red conflicts when choosing mods for maps or problems with graphics of other crops. Any thoughts on this strange crop problem?

Discrepancy

I'm pretty sure that is because of the changes to the materials that happened between banished 1.0.4 and 1.0.5/1.0.6.
No doubt the mod you mentioned was compiled with earlier banished modkit.

Abandoned

That must be it, they are both older mods.Thanks

TheOtherMicheal

I had the same problem with the Wasabi crop mod. I thought it might have been a conflict with CC's extra seeds mod or something like that, I hadn't considered that it might be because the Wasabi mod was an older mod.

Paeng

Here the link to the dev blog -

Quote– Fixed a bug that caused a crash when loading old mods that had custom materials. The game will no longer crash, however objects with those materials will not display. To fix this issue, mods should be updated to the newest mod kit version and update the materials.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2016-05-19-1-0-5/
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kralyerg

When Luke first updated the game and messed with the Materials, I made a small mod that fixed CC and NMT and forced the older versions to use the newer Materials.

I updated it to include the ones that Slinks Cotton mod uses.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oKJ9gdaP7dWExiejRzRWlYcm8/view?usp=sharing

If you place it above the Cotton mod, it should force it to use the new Materials and be visible again. I'm not sure about adding it to an existing game. But you could try. Maybe removing and rebuilding the crop field will do it. Or it might need a new game.

(Don't worry, even if you don't use CC or NMT, this won't add anything crazy to the game, it solely updates the Materials)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@kralyerg , thanks so much, I will give that a try. I am trying out the mods in small groups, there are so many I downloaded.  I still have the latest CC and NMT to look forward too.

TheOtherMicheal

Interesting you should mention the CCBetaFix. I've been using it since March 2016 and everything has been good except for the Wasabi mod.
However it's difficult to tell when the Wasabi mod starting having a problem because with the towns I've started over the last year, only two of them had wasabi seeds available at the merchant and I only noticed the plants not showing up in a town I started in September of this year. When I first started using the mod, the plants all showed up as expected.

The original download that I have of the mod was from April of this year so I downloaded it again in September to check if it was a problem. I think the Wasabi mod uses custom textures/meshes/etc that are completely different to anything found in CC or NMT etc. etc. so I'm not surprised the latest game update is not recognizing them.

Abandoned

Well, the CCBetaFix did not help Slinks cotton in saved game even after planting new field.  Both mods showed red conflict when enabled but did not crash game.  I did not have CC or NMT enabled for this map, not the sample lettuce either.    I believe CC has the crops included.  I'm not concerned with the lose of the lettuce or cotton. I don't plan to use them in my next map so won't know if fix would help with new map.  Thank you anyways.

kralyerg

I updated CCBetaFix to version 3, and it now includes a fix for the wasabi crop.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oKJ9gdaP7dWExiejRzRWlYcm8/view?usp=sharing

As Abandoned said, it doesn't seem to work with a saved game. But it works fine for me with a new game.

TheOtherMicheal

Awesome! I wasn't actually expecting a fix for the wasabi mod and I'd taken it off my mods list so your fix is a very pleasant surprise and very welcome  ;D

TheOtherMicheal

Just as a confirmation of the great work done by kralyerg with the CCBetaFix update, the wasabi crop now shows up again.
Just to state it in case other readers are unsure, I have the Wasabi mod loaded below the CCBetaFix mod.

And in case people are using the flower crop mods from the Idle Work Team (found on Steam), they conflict with the Brussel Sprouts mod by Discrepancy and will not show the textures etc. etc. unless placed below the Brussel Sprouts mod (or below Discrepancy's DSSmallVillage, Version 2 Beta test mod if you're using that).
I have the Wasabi mod and the flower mods grouped together so it prompted me to mention this as it is the same problem with the crops not showing properly.

For those who want to know more, the Idle Work Team made four flower crop mods that are meant to be part of a bigger production chain. The Team are Chinese and so their work doesn't seem to be too well known in the English speaking world. The flowers in question are food crops for the moment and include Camelia, Violet, Jatropha integerrima (AKA Peregrina or Spicy Jatropha) and Rose.

brads3

i had heard of the flower mod before. was these for decorations or used as a crop? are there other flower mods for decorations you are aware of??
do u know how to get this mod without having stream??? i never did find a link. i know CC has tulips now and some rough flower decorations,but looking for more or btter options.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: brads3 on December 04, 2016, 07:33:32 PM
i had heard of the flower mod before. was these for decorations or used as a crop? are there other flower mods for decorations you are aware of??
do u know how to get this mod without having stream??? i never did find a link. i know CC has tulips now and some rough flower decorations,but looking for more or btter options.

The flower mods from the Idle Work Team are food crops only. I originally got all four as a WinZip file from http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=990.0
Look for a member named Glenn about halfway down the page. He has an attached file on his post, it's called "Chinese mods -- flowers.zip"
I had forgotten about the zip file until you asked about getting the mod without Steam.

Unfortunately I don't know of any decoration mods that have flowers  :(