News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gridlines

Started by moonbelf, July 31, 2019, 07:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbelf

I haven't been able to find a stand-alone gridlines mod. I know gridlines are part of Megamod but I'd like to use grids with RKEC. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

MarkAnthony

The standalone Gridlines from BlackLiquid's new website still isn't listed yet, they only got a few mods in their new download section. I have a copy of it if you wish or I can point you to one that @kid1293 made.

From the Infamous Curved Roads thread.

I'm becoming biased I think.   ;)   Kid's is much better!  Use his.   8)
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

there is no real grid. the way i made mine back in time, on 1 map.... the modder need to take the ground texture and manually draw the lines by hand and draw it inside the ground texture itself.....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Ahhh... the good ole days!

I think back then people still used to light their homes with candelabras, right Red?   :P    (teasing)

moonbelf

@MarkAnthony Thanks for the link to Kids but that isn't what I'm after. But thank you.

@RedKetchup Thanks for the info. I'll abandon the idea. Just thought it might be easier to layout town planning.

RedKetchup

Quote from: moonbelf on August 01, 2019, 09:09:27 AM

@RedKetchup Thanks for the info. I'll abandon the idea. Just thought it might be easier to layout town planning.

oh it is easier. i loved it too. the other thing about this, it can double the map choices selection (the little box you open and choose a map) like RKEC has like a dozen of different textures which has plain, mountain, valley, lakes settings each texture... you double all this.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on August 01, 2019, 09:09:27 AM
@MarkAnthony Thanks for the link to Kids but that isn't what I'm after. But thank you.
I don't understand how it's not what you are asking for. It has a gridlines component in it sized 25x25 tiles. And you can place as many of them down at once as you wish.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48432271731_d576864e92_o.pngRe: Gridlines

moonbelf

@MarkAnthony This image shows exactly what I'm referring to. It's one of the loading screens from RKEC 1.3. The grid is subtle and permanently there.

MarkAnthony

Ah. Well, the one from Kids is not permanent, and neither is the standalone from BlackLiquid I don't believe. In fact the one from BlackLiquid has this weird block thing in the center for placing and removing the grid.

I guess we can only hope RedKetchup will release his terrains as a standalone mod someday.

Not trying to be argumentative just trying to understand, but why do you want them permanently shown? I mean, after you fill in an area of the grid, why would you want to continually see that grid afterwards?

moonbelf

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 01, 2019, 11:24:27 AM
Not trying to be argumentative just trying to understand, but why do you want them permanently shown? I mean, after you fill in an area of the grid, why would you want to continually see that grid afterwards?

Just want to try it and be different I guess. If the grid were there over the entire map it might be interesting for further placement of buildings as I slowly work on other areas and could tie in to existing structures :)

MarkAnthony

Okay thanks Moonbelf.

It would be nice if the gridlines were built into the game itself with a toggle switch to turn them off and on as needed.

moonbelf

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 01, 2019, 11:58:57 AM
Okay thanks Moonbelf.

It would be nice if the gridlines were built into the game itself with a toggle switch to turn them off and on as needed.

Agreed

RedKetchup

but , i experimented many hours on a grid map (like the screenshot included in RKEC). i can say it gives really something to the game 3D. you will see a lot clearer the ground and all its forms. the line follow all holes and all mounts, it really give you an exact estimation of the topology simply by visualizing what your eyes are seeing :)

RedKetchup

oh and the question about making an RKEC XtraLight-GRID.....
i need to think if i want to do that or not LOL

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 01, 2019, 01:58:04 PM
but , i experimented many hours on a grid map (like the screenshot included in RKEC). i can say it gives really something to the game 3D. you will see a lot clearer the ground and all its forms. the line follow all holes and all mounts, it really give you an exact estimation of the topology simply by visualizing what your eyes are seeing :)
Quote from: RedKetchup on August 01, 2019, 03:59:53 PM
oh and the question about making an RKEC XtraLight-GRID.....
i need to think if i want to do that or not LOL

@RedKetchup I think it probably would be a lot of work for you so I understand your hesitation to do it. But ... it would be amazing! *hugs*