News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What's odd

Started by CookieBarrel, October 06, 2020, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CookieBarrel

What's odd about this scene?
A chewy cookie for those that catch it!  ;)

Abandoned

Is that a crop field you are building on?  ???  That's odd  ;D

JM

That happened to me once. Previously, I turned the mods on and off and changed their order in the running game. It was possible to place fields and orchards on top of each other and over other objects. Unfortunately, I immediately canceled the game and forgot to save it and explore it properly. I regret it, it would be an interesting invention...  :)

MarkAnthony

I was going to reply this morning when I first saw the post. I was going to mention the building on top of the crop fields but then I figured maybe she used ghosted deco. I don't usually decorate my towns while I play so I am not sure what was available as ghosted.

My second guess would have been the fact that @CookieBarrel was using Kid's Native mod but the Banies are all wearing Polo shirts and Khakis'   :P instead of Kid's Native attire.

And then there is that one dark figure above the top right corner of the crop field. I cannot make out what it is, whether it is an animal of some sort, a small tree sprouting up,  a Centaur LOL, or a Banie doing the jigg!  ;D But those were my guesses.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

CookieBarrel

@Abandoned   The early bird gets the chewy cookie
@MarkAnthony   Even though your not an early bird you can have a cookie just not as chewy but still yummy. Got milk!
Anyways, No ghost in that field, they didn't like the exorcises. What about the attire or.. is it the dwellings. Who appropriated whom,
only the shadow knows and we don't talk about the woman in black.
@JM   That would have been my guess too. Here's a big chewy cookie for going beyond the Call of Duty and remember,
always delete objects before sending a mod to Oblivion.

For a serious thought.. There might be something here for a new tool. If the texture in the next scene was sandy it would've
pleased @Jewelz
The mod that is being explored is NMTCrops By @RedKetchup

So lets try one more scenario.
Riddle me this

kid1293

Quote from: CookieBarrel on October 07, 2020, 12:35:16 AM
For a serious thought... There might be something here for a new tool. If the texture in the next scene was sandy...

Surely a good hint! Let me think if it is possible. You showed it is possible if the game gets weird.
But sand beaches, playgrounds, or just for the deco. Mmmm...
Problem is - If it is done right, it will not be possible to build something on it.

:)

brads3

wish we could do that with pastures along streams.

kid1293

It is possible but it will be very square. The bannies will occasionally walk there
but you can not build anything on the beach.

Oh, two of these areas will have a seam if placed along with each other  :(

kid1293

@brads3 - I am sorry but it does not work.
It does not get fully planted and so it will not get harvested.
One edge is in the water and the bannies won't go there.

brads3

would it work for a pasture thou? the animals still produce but they walk to the water edge?

JM

How about something like Necora's invisible area with a road texture? This could make a deco road over a hill.

kid1293

There are ways to do it but no perfect way.
In your picture, you see the seams between one road and the other.
It is often that way in Banished. Textures do not blend well.

CookieBarrel

@brads3   Bannie's will only walk down to -0.25 gnd level naturally

@kid1293   That part you quoted was a last minute thought that shouldn't have been written. I was a little to excited
thinking the possibilities of a paint brush. Anyways the point of the post is to show an anomaly that might have possible potential or just nothing at all.
But, Wow you really jumped in fast, the beach looks cool. ;D
Some of your ghosted chairs, umbrellas, tables and your ghosted bannies would fit nicely. ;)

Anyways I'll continue on.
how to make the ghosted cropfield on land the easy way with some observations.
Note this process is not recommended. Research only!

In the picture below, lay down a field such as "Mountainfield" or "NMTCrops", Then cover the field over with "NMTCrops" leaving
a row uncovered (careful not to over shoot foot print or the game will crash). After setting the field on top
(Note: selecting the field will show # of items to be cleared) delete the bottom field from the uncovered row,
Once done you'll notice the cropfield acts normally. Activate the crop field by selecting seed and # of farmers.
Once the Farmer state changes to the work state the field becomes inactive and can not be selected by left click
(The bannie will rack at a single spot forever). Set the field to the off state deselect farmer. However notification icon will still be viewable.
Note: you can select the now ghosted field via the townhall menu,

The next Post will be the processes for cropfield in water.

kid1293

Hi @CookieBarrel - I do not want to hi-jack your thread, but I think an answer to brads is in
place. It is about these variations on the ground.

@brads3 - I will look into making a fenceless pasture that goes along the river edge.
I am already certain that the small building must be on land. I can skip the building...

Real Life intervention. I will do it later :)

CookieBarrel

Hi-jacking? Not at all, this is what it's all for
Fenceless pasture on the waters edge! Sweet.  :)
Careful now you might cause Brades to go delirious. ;)