News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

What about building a pier with a docked longship? Then take stuff to it like arms and bring back food and/or precious metals. We could assign like 2 to 4 workers, renaming them Vikings. It could simulate trading abroad or raiding.

brads3

@Hawk  i do use that method. with so many overseas,it can make for a busy morning sometimes.maybe i shouldn't speak for the modders,but i think an idea gets left to see what other players say or add to the idea. it isn't that it got overlooked or thrown away.i do wish we got more feedback and ideas from more players. more people means more ideas.

Hawk

I wasn't pointing to anyone in particular. Just making a general comment that, in hopes, may help those that aren't familiar with the 'New' button option.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Turis on February 16, 2018, 02:40:56 AM
What about building a pier with a docked longship? Then take stuff to it like arms and bring back food and/or precious metals. We could assign like 2 to 4 workers, renaming them Vikings. It could simulate trading abroad or raiding.

That could work somehow @Turis. But while on their virtuell raid on this ship they would sometimes go at home to take a snack and to warm up or to visit the herbalist. A too strange workaround for me and not really exciting without sending them away and a risk of defeat. Our banished Vikings will probably always be peaceful farmers, craftsmen and traders, fighting only with their harsh environment. :)

Turis

@Tom Sawyer Yeah, you're right. Let's just produce stuff for the upcoming traders and let other clans do the raiding.

Tom Sawyer

Yesterday my son played a bit Banished. He built a nature reserve for his beloved grouses, growing a birch wood with fences around and wished to keep them there like chickens. What can I say? I had to make a mod for his project.^^ I know, I refused such a request from @taniu and want to apologize. Here are the grouses as livestock. Will be always a fun add-on and not integrated. They don't lay many eggs but are rather productive in meat and of course they look way more fancy than ordinary chickens. ;D

BlackGrouse.pkm
  Nordic black grouses for poultry keeping.

RedKetchup

i need to look at those :)

THANKS YOU @Tom Sawyer  :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

THANKS YOU @Tom Sawyer  :D I also thank  son for supporting my idea - I am very happy that among us players are very young people who play such a nice game. Greetings  :D

Tom Sawyer

Thank you @taniu. I told him that someone is happy about the grouse and he is proud to have made it possible.^^ Now he criticizes the lack of different houses and that I have to make new models. I suggested him to try CC to gain time. It will keep him busy for a while. ;D

brads3

he could try adding PILGRIM'S colonial houses and then they would work with the north. what kind of houses would he like. we have tons.

The Pilgrim

I need to get someone to help me finish the colonial house set.  I started with Shock, he disappeared. Then EB was helping me, also disappeared and then Kral, but he has way too much on his plate and isn't a moddler himself.

brads3

does the original mod ,before it went into the CC j version,have the other materials added to traders? if so it should work without CC. if lumber or glass was added to the buildings after it went to CC,then it should work as well. mine loads with CC so i can't remember.

Hawk

Am I missing something or is the only way to have fences around pastures is to build them?
In other words, The North does not include fenced pastures?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Turis

brads3

TOM,i have a issue. i tried to load the north with RED's CHOICE mod. the north mod overpowers the start settings and some reason i get a very dark texture.tried it with your mod above and below and several different start settings. can a patch be made so the north will load as medium settings on RED's very large map and both will function? from what i see the game would play but as i say the terrain is dark and there is no thatch or fodder. i get the farmer builder hunter start options. i thought when i put the noprth below RK choice it would have loaded the choice 1st, but it seems to be loading both mixed up together.