News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

We need a jail

Started by galensgranny, April 18, 2018, 03:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

This is the second time that one of my Bannies died from being murdered!   :o This is terrible!  We should have a jail.  Maybe it can function as a cemetery if a closed building can be a cemetery, and perversely, the deceased can be put in it.  But we can pretend they were the murderers instead of the victims. Or, maybe have a police station that can function as a town hall, or storage barn (it will be filled with all the confiscated goods the thieves stole  :D )

River

How can you tell they were "murdered"?  :o
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

galensgranny

When the person died, it showed a little tombstone at the bottom of the screen and when clicked on  it said, "So and so was murdered" (or some similar wording).  Also, one can see how town folk died when looking at the reports that list town events.

River

I just have never seen any of the deaths listed as murder. Rocks falling on them, charburner dude dying of black lung, etc. But never a murder charge! How very interesting!!!
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

galensgranny

A black lung death!  I never had that.   

RedKetchup

Quote from: River on April 18, 2018, 10:08:30 AM
I just have never seen any of the deaths listed as murder. Rocks falling on them, charburner dude dying of black lung, etc. But never a murder charge! How very interesting!!!

{   String _name = "ProfessionTailorDeath";      String _text = "was murdered!"; }
      {   String _name = "ProfessionVendorDeath";      String _text = "was stabbed to death.";   }
      {   String _name = "ProfessionTraderDeath";      String _text = "committed suicide.";   }
      {   String _name = "ProfessionTeacherDeath";      String _text = "went crazy and was banished."; }

black death is coming from a mod, dunno which though
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 18, 2018, 12:03:31 PM

It's the unfortunate charcoaler in the North, that quite often suffer from this.  :'(

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 20, 2018, 10:44:22 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 18, 2018, 12:03:31 PM

It's the unfortunate charcoaler in the North, that quite often suffer from this.  :'(

oh the charcoal disease
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

child_of_air

That's actually kind of cool, but it's never happened to me before. I'd like to see it happen at least once.

LadyMarmalade

I agree, a jail would be cool.  I've played the game so many times over so many years I have to keep looking for new ideas to keep it interesting. My game has moved on lately to be about creating more aesthetically pleasing towns rather than perfectly productive. This has lead to a massive search of all banished related websites/forums etc for decorative items. I hadnt actually thought of a jail but its a really great idea and so logically I suppose some gallows would be the next step? lol

Personally I'll be thrilled with anything decorative that comes along there are so many things that remain undone.

P.S. Has anyone seen a haystack anywhere as a decorative item?
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

brads3

CC has decorative punishment places including the gallowsit also has a haystck but it is very small.

LadyMarmalade

Thanks for the pointer, Brad. I'd been trying to steer away from CC - I find it a little overwhelming but maybe I will give it a look next time I need a change of scenery. It's just always such a bind to have to fiddle about with Mod Order when you add anything new! I usually try various orders for about ten minutes then get fed up and give up on the mod!  I know - patience is a virtue - the problem is, the older I get the less virtuous I become!

brads3

mod orders are more dependant on what you add. if you add addons like KIDDs mods they can go to the bottom.all start or map affect mods to the top.then all you need is to decide what map mod you want for your base. that goes below start mods and above addons.i did a post on more of this under the tool and tip page. mod order mainly comes up when you have a conflict or issue between some mods.i have about 135 mods now and some are touchy about where they are placed. the older i get the more i rely on my notes. ::)

someday CC will give us the decoration mod set or sets.it is a huge addition.

LadyMarmalade

Yup.  Having seen what's included I really hope they give us that decoration set separately one day!

With reference to mods, the ones I seem to have the most problems with are the ones that add vegetation. I still haven't worked out a viable order for New Flora, Nat Div, etc. I recently tried to add the reeds too but couldnt get them to show up any way.

Nevermind, none of these are third world problems - it's just a game!

rkelly17

Quote from: brads3 on June 06, 2018, 06:01:30 PM
mod orders are more dependant on what you add. if you add addons like KIDDs mods they can go to the bottom.all start or map affect mods to the top.then all you need is to decide what map mod you want for your base. that goes below start mods and above addons.i did a post on more of this under the tool and tip page. mod order mainly comes up when you have a conflict or issue between some mods.i have about 135 mods now and some are touchy about where they are placed. the older i get the more i rely on my notes. ::)

someday CC will give us the decoration mod set or sets.it is a huge addition.

My understanding of Banished mods is that, in cases of two mods referencing the same resource or whatever, it is the mod that loads first whose resources are used for all subsequent mods that reference that resource. So, if I want a certain mod to replace (such as a "no smoke" mod) I load it before and if I want a mod to add on I load it after. Have I got that right?