News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: OSSER #7

Started by brads3, January 11, 2018, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

good morning.sorry i haven't posted a new town in a while.i was sick for almost a month since before the holidays.
stomach doc has changed my meds and they seem to be helping.how's it go 2 steps backwards and 1 step forward? i am better than last month but not as well as i wish.anyway i will try to do a map and see how it goes.

mods:total is 119 for the most part it is the same as it was with a few changes. i have updated KID's colonial mod so it is 2 parts and the forest outpost to the nat div version.added CC frontier for the indian housing.dumped the multiple starts mod. i did clean the registry and moved RED's garden utility above CC,moved KID's mods above RED's.i do have KID's group shuffled so that the theme icon isn't working. that should not cause any conflicts or errors between the mods though.so the main order of the mods is the same with just a few adjustments.
         not every mod is enabled at the same time. with the upgrades,i did keep the old versions in the folder but disabled. they are needed if i want to open the TOWNS map.the more stone and wood mods are usually not used. i did enable the more wood for this map however.

for a detailed list of the mods check the start posts of "VICKS".

map: OSSER, code 288532708,valleys,medium size,fair climate,medium start,disasters off.

goal:it is a simple 1. this is the group of mountain men who left the Landing Fort many stories back. they met up with some indians and with their new indian wives have grown to a group of 19.they have headed off into the hills to build a trapping and hunting town and trading post.

YEAR 1: even though i send them with KID's vegetable seeds,they never use them.between CC and the nat div mod the seed mod won't add to the start.1 of those give and takes. if i move it higher in the mod order,then maybe it would but it will stop the thatch meadows.

1st i adjust the limits.knowing we will need logs to build, i bump it up to 2000.i move the herbs up to 1000.since the leather will be needed for the indian housing,i leave the clothing alone but do bump the textiles up by adding the zero. so its 2000.these guys will burn thatch so the firewood count doesn't need changed.
        next, i send a quick fisherman and hunter out.that will help our food and bring the leather. 2 crop fields worth of clearing will give us building materials.they will start with 2 log cabin houses to give them a place to rest and keep warm until they get some leather stocked up.by mid sping,peppers and potatoes are being planted.

as leather is collected,the indian huts can be built.the quickhunter has moved several times with the deer herds. the upgraded FO workshop hut does require thatch to be built.a workplace shed and tailor are planned near 1 of the cabins.a firewood chopper and shed help keep us from overstocking the material pile and the firewood stays dry.by fall, there is enough materials for the builder and the laborers go looking for food to gather.by the time snow falls,there is enough leather to finally start building a teepee house.then the tailor can begin making coats.clearing land slows as we try to keep the stockpile below 90% capacity.this allows room to clear for buildings later.

PIC 1: map start settings
pic 2: step 1-clearing fields and quickhunter and fisherman
pic 3:yr 1 housing,workshop,tailor,and firewood storage

Nilla

I'm very sorry, that you aren't well. I hope you will get better soon. I've missed your very personal way of writing. ;)

Looking forward on this new adventure.

Maldrick

Yeah, sorry to hear that, also.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.  Your blogs are always fun and interesting to follow.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

brads3

year 2

now work can start on a townhall.since the indians don't have 1 yet,i decide to use the mini TH.we have a 9yr old who will become our teacher so a school should be built this year also.otherwise we can use the time to stock food,add some roads,and built decorations or a barn if needed.where is the slow time ,NILLA? to use up the pile we upgrade to a fishing dock and add a cemetary.

pic 1: firepits,benches,soil and country roads,indian totem pole,and the new school.
pic 2: cemetary and mini TH inventory

brads3

YEAR 3

to get the pile back under 90%, a stone bridge is planned across the main river.maybe we can find some fruit there. i did up the stone tools a click.the 3 laborers are kept busy searching for fruit,though they keep finding roots and onions.they also add logs to the pile when it gets below 80% full. you can see that i am using wider roads. they do stand out more that way.around the cemetary and buildings i do use the verdant grassy road. it does stop brush from overgrowing some areas.winters are a good time to cut trees around the village. the farmers will help but also stay close to their fields.
           it might seem slow to some but the bannies have kept busy.i could have delayed building the school. that would be 2 more workplaces.i could also move children out at younger ages by building houses. if you really want to speed it up,you can add KID's tiny mod  nomad well.by the time you have houses built the well will send you more nomads,a set ever year.

i guess i should mention that these bannies start on the edge of thatch meadows not in the middle of 1.they did have to go north to find thatch for the FO. workshop.there is tatch to the north and to the east a ways.for those who don't use the nat div mod,it will give meadows and forest areas scattered around the map.it isn't all trees everywhere mixed with thatch.it does affect how you plan towns since you have to pick where you want the foresters.if you place the forester in a meadow,it will take a while before you have logs.it works both ways though. if you plan the thatch hut in a good spot it will give you logs while it is clearing the trees to plant the grass.it does add differences to the maps that you learn to work with.
          i have the forever tree mod<immortal trees> added so the trees don't die off everywhere over time.in a real forest the squirrels would plant seeds so that doesn't happen.i did opt for the more wood mod on this map because i knew i would be behind on leather at the start.the indian tents use 14 each,the huts use 2.with the nat div and pine mods,there is a delay of some foods appearing on the maps.hence the lack of fruit for the 1st few years. houses prefer to burn firewood but will burn thatch. keeping the firewood limit down will force them to use thatch more. there are some houses that will not brun thatch at all.note i am using the original nat div not the upgrade. the upgrade slowed this computer down too far.

pic 1: stone bridge
pic 2: mini fishing dock and lean-to storage behind the huts
pic 3: an overview. to the left of the main road was more forest.to the left past the stone near the ridge of the hills was thatch and  to the north of the field.the village sets in a clearing.

pic 4: the forest continued west across the river.

RedKetchup

i cant believe there are still so bad toolbars like that in screenshots ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

RED,do you mean the decoration 1 or the main bar? the only thing in the main is the NMT,mini mod,the older mods of new trees and fountian lite i think.most is how CC breaks things down into sections. forestry,industry,pubs or taverns,my precious,and theme add-ons are all CC.
the decorations bar,is double cause it has 1 set and a ghost set.

115+ mods but many pieces to each.

notice under the community icon it is 4 bars to build a teeppe or hut for the indians. that is normal even if i were to pull EB,KID,or NECORA.

or are you saying i have too many toys in here??? ::)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 4

with this "slow time",instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off,i try to use the time to think.have to figure 100 or so steps ahead. this stockpile fills too quick,so we need storage.with that we need a trading post and decide what items the town will trade.who has the crystal ball to see that far ahead???
        these indians bring a challenge of their own.there is less mods that fit the map.since they are woodsmen,the forest outpost and pine mod will help some.many buildings would look out of place here though.for now i will add a pine market that will store most items and will move stuff later to the village center.this will help move fruit and logs or thatch as well as textiles.this will take pressure off both the pile and the barn.
        before fall, i send laborers to gather food.waiting too long runs the risk of the farmers not getting back to their fields. health is already decreasing so they have to find fruit soon.by winter,they can clear across the bridge and expand the road. again by clearing earlier and doing small patches,it will insure the farmers getting back to their fields. when they get ahead,there is lots to clear at the village.winter is also a good time to move the quickhunter since you can see the deer herds easier.like clockwork by late winter,they all go play tag with the kids in the cemetary as the weather starts to warm up.

pic 1: versatile pine market to store and move all items
pic 2:clearing and extending the road across the bridge
pic 3: more clearing near village and the inventory shows a lack of fruit.no cranberry yet and  blueberry they ate.
note top center,we now have a beaver lodge so pine mod is starting to add items to the map.

Nilla

When you say; "slow time"; wich speed do you play?

brads3

haha,slow time cause of the propertime not vanilla time.the game is set at 10x but with so many mods it is more like 5x.

Nilla

And you say I'm playing fast!! I never play 10X, seldom 5X, mostly 2X and when the settlement grows, sometimes 1X. So you tell me, who play the "slow time", me or you? ;)  :D  ;D (I don't speak from my present game even if 2x is my standard here as well)

brads3

it is your story...... game set speed is more controlled by the computer than that number. when i watched any video's of CC changes or the megamod, i can see how slow mine is compared to others. when i did some testing with a vanilla game,my mouse outruns me across the screen even. if i zoom all the way in the bannies run faster.but i am also pushing my limits on mod count and sizes.

to me the big problem of the vanilla age is it doesn't make the game go faster just the population. they grow crops and eat at 1 year and multiply at 8x that. it is out of sync.

Nilla

How do you get to 8X? As far as I know, they age 4 years in one year, if you understand what I mean.

And yes, I know, the computer has a big influence on the speed. My old computer was quite hopeless. I never played large maps on that one, because it didn't take long until the lags came and the speed went down in a very unpleasant way. I had it before the mods and I can't think of its speed, or rather lack of speed with a load of mod. Luckily my son decided to change his computer a couple of years ago and I inherited his "old", much better one. :)