News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: MOD: Decorative Items Pack v 1.3 Beta - RedKetchup (fixed bug x2)

Started by RedKetchup, September 16, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 30, 2014, 10:32:27 AMThose nursery workers are going nuts!

LOL

Yeah, I second your observations... a friend of mine has added this -

QuoteI have four botanists; the limit is set at 6000 and appears to have been reached. But
(1) : there are only 836 seedlings in storage.
(2) : there are four TPs with 1500 seedlings each = 6000 seedlings

Which means this mod counts what's in the TPs and not what is in the general storage, right?
Should it work that way?

Though both of us were like "Oh well, at least it works somehow... and without crash."  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

what is in TP doesnt count about limits ! same for firewood. if you put 900, at 900 you ll get the full status icon and the woodcutter will stop. then you tell the TP : hey go pick up 400 firewood. and hop ! woodcutter restart to work and can make another 400 to reach 900 again.

in TP it doesnt count. you all know that!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 01, 2014, 09:03:48 AMin TP it doesnt count. you all know that!

Yeah... I did not explain that well... I'll see that I can set up a testcase and explain properly - it's a bit hard right now, as I constantly start new towns just to try all the new mods  :o

Anyway, that was not something 'breaking' the game...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 01, 2014, 09:03:48 AM
what is in TP doesnt count about limits ! same for firewood. if you put 900, at 900 you ll get the full status icon and the woodcutter will stop. then you tell the TP : hey go pick up 400 firewood. and hop ! woodcutter restart to work and can make another 400 to reach 900 again.

Sorry to say, but when it comes to seedlings, just as @Paeng says, the content in the trading port counts. Just noticed this as I was playing around a bit with the mods. It is not a big deal, no real problem to put the limit higher.

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on October 10, 2014, 09:18:56 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on October 01, 2014, 09:03:48 AM

Sorry to say, but when it comes to seedlings, just as @Paeng says, the content in the trading port counts. Just noticed this as I was playing around a bit with the mods. It is not a big deal, no real problem to put the limit higher.

I think that the seedling count may have some other problem. The "limit" is linked to the log limit--watch and as you adjust one the other adjusts too. But seedling production simply ignores the limit, even when it displays the "up to max limits" icon. The nursery worker just keeps on going. The other night I had something like 10,000 seedlings (none in TP) with a "limit" of 1400. When I put 5000 in TPs the total reported in inventory went down as it should, but the nursery worker soon had it right back up. I started selling seedlings along with ale and they just kept coming. It is almost like @RedKetchup has inadvertently invented the perfect trade commodity: No raw materials, you never run out and you never need very many for your own citizens! Better than ale and firewood put together!

What could possibly go wrong?    go wrong?     go wrong?

slink

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 10, 2014, 12:43:11 PM
no logs ... no logs ... no logs ...

The funny thing is that, even though the two max limits move in lock step, the logs seem to function completely separately. They go up to the limit and the foresters get the icon and stop working until the number drops below the limit, just like normal. The nursery workers seem to be the only ones to ignore the limit, and their profligacy doesn't seem to affect other workers--at the max limit level. Seedlings can fill up a barn, so you have to watch for that.

RedKetchup

whats about to put all your limits to 999,999 ? :P

in fact, the limits are in same bags with the attendances limits..... the resources flags......

we CANT create New ones.

i tried to create a new limit called seedlings : didnt work and acting strange when you put all low limits everywhere, some says linked to wood.
i tried to create new resources flags calle Dairy : i gave all my dairy products a dairy flags (similar to grain), and when i asked merchant to bring on dairy: he sold nothing.
i tried to make a new attendance flag for Library : the counter stay at 0 and doesnt count at all.

this is whats happening Nilla.

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 10, 2014, 04:36:31 PM
Quote from: slink on October 10, 2014, 12:43:11 PM
no logs ... no logs ... no logs ...

The funny thing is that, even though the two max limits move in lock step, the logs seem to function completely separately. They go up to the limit and the foresters get the icon and stop working until the number drops below the limit, just like normal. The nursery workers seem to be the only ones to ignore the limit, and their profligacy doesn't seem to affect other workers--at the max limit level. Seedlings can fill up a barn, so you have to watch for that.

I never had that many seedlings.  I traded them away.  I was always short on logs, too, but that was because I did not have enough foresters for my population.  It was a warm climate, thank goodness, although I am not certain whether the houses actually consumed less firewood just because the temperature never fell below freezing.  The crops were all harvested at the normal time even though it was still warm enough for some of them to continue growing, and some were not completely grown because I had lured the farmers away for labor during Early Spring.  Eventually they were headed for a food shortage because my experimental layout did not produce enough food and I was too busy playing with mods to notice in time.  Oops.   :-[  They are turned off right now, awaiting my interest again.

Nilla

No big deal with the seedlings.

A question: Maybe I am just stupid but, I cannot delete gates and these wooden entrances. Is there a trick I havn´t discovered or a bug?

RedKetchup

it s a bug 10 times mentionned :) it was or i let a road be created under it, or it was the removed. i discoivered it only after i allowed to have road constructed.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 11, 2014, 04:47:44 AM
it s a bug 10 times mentionned :) it was or i let a road be created under it, or it was the removed. i discoivered it only after i allowed to have road constructed.

My impression is that the "bug" is in the game, not in @RedKetchup's mod. I've seen other mod makers mention it and tell users to be careful. There is something about one-square, road-capable structures that makes them immortal.

Nilla

Thank you,

sorry i havn´t read all threads so carefully after I am back from my holidays. :-[

And @RedKetchup ; no worries, I like your mods even with these "bugleins" (I have lived many years in Germany, and in German you can put -lein (or -chen) at the end of a word to make it a small one).

irrelevant