News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Red Rock Quarry & Beach Resort - Story 32

Started by Abandoned, September 03, 2018, 07:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Monday Sept. 3, 2018

Today is Labor Day in the USA, a national holiday to honor laborers.  In Banished World there are few workers who labor harder than miners, quarrymen, river boatmen, and our modders.  :) This is the 32nd story in the Smallville series and tells the tale of how the town of Red Rock became a place for rest and relaxation for boatmen and laborers.  It is year 53 Smallville Time and the location is the southwest Red Sand Desert, upriver from Riverboat Junction which is to the south and east.

The map seed is #755190837    CC Red Desert, Small, Mild, Disasters Off, Easy Start

Mods enabled and load order:

Starting and Map Changing Mods: Banished UI Maps, Labor Window, RK Minimized Status, CC Terrains, CC Light Rain, Climate-No Snow, New Roads (Wintin)

Tweak Mods:  Fishing Dock 25%, Hunting & Gathering, Hunting Season, 1:1 Alternative, Tiny Smoke

Main or Must Have Mods:  An Empty Square, Nomad Sign Complete, RK Editor's Choice Full

Supporting Mods:  Beach Party, EB Ice Cream Cart, EB Stone Wall Deco, EB Village Beach Resort Set, EB Village Resort Deco Addon, EB Village Rock Quarry, Kid House Boat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnzE97njhrw

Welcome to Red Rock Resort, weary traveler.  While you rest and relax I will tell you how the town of Red Rock came to be.

Goblin Girl

Yay, a new story!  I'm all snuggled up with my puppy and a mug of tea, ready and waiting.   :)

Abandoned

:) Hey, @Goblin Girl  maybe not much time to play with new puppy to care for but a little rest time for a chapter a day  :) nice, enjoy.  :)

RedKetchup

gonna watch that going even if you chose a non-RK Ed map ^^

;D

do you have the new wild aninals ? and grass and flowers with that start ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I choose terrain because of storyline and location on world map and the easy start condition that I am used to.  And yes  :) I do have the new animals and the grass and flowers, deadwood, new berries and nest with eggs.  :)  Everything looks great even on red terrain, Red  ;D  Taking baby-steps, plenty of places left on the map to later try RK terrains and start conditions.  Getting my feet wet at beach resort to get used to all the new things.  ;D  I hope it all goes well  :)

RedKetchup

galensgranny

That is nice story topic, for the laborers.  But, so far, that red desert doesn't look like much of place one would go to for rest and relaxation.  I am sure you will make it be a good place out of that barren, hot, dry place.  :)

Goblin Girl

Abandoned

@galensgranny I don't have to do much of anything to hot dry barren desert, Red's beautiful fodder and flowers will do it for me.  :)

Oh oh, @ Goblin Girl, Do I want to know what Burning Manis?  :D

brads3

i take it the CC terrains is giving you the desert and you have t below the RK?

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Abandoned on September 03, 2018, 12:36:09 PM

Oh oh, @ Goblin Girl, Do I want to know what Burning Man is?  :D
Well, Wikipedia has all sorts of hifalutin things to say about it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man 
But really, it's a bunch of pot smoking hippies who gather in the desert for a few days each year and...do what pot smoking hippies do.  It's worth doing a google image search to get a better idea.

Abandoned

;D @Goblin Girl oh, no, no pot smoking hippies in Red Rock  :D  I believe there is a marijuana mod on banishedinfo site but I don't have it.  If they want to smoke they will have to shred a piece of deadwood.  ;D

@brads3 CCTerrains is mod with the red desert, it is 4th mod enabled, 10 or 11 mods above RKEC.  The story Intro mod list is the order my mods are in.  I have my mods divided into 4 categories, the mods in each of those 4 groups are in alphebetical order.. The groups are in that order in my mod list.  Listed are the mods that are enabled for this map

Abandoned

Chapter 1

As you know, weary traveler, times have not been all that good in Banished World.  A mountain came down on the ancestors of Smallville's founders.  There has been extreme heat and cold, and severe flooding and drought.  There has been massive food shortages, and mass migrations.  The main river changed its course, and there has been trouble with pirates.  And yet we managed to survive and even enjoy ourselves from time to time.

My name is Yvetter and my husband is Wavery.  We were very young and newlywed when we came here to the red desert from Riverboat Junction.  Mr. Red, the man in charge of canal building and inspections, said the riverboat resource merchants were not transporting enough stone to areas that needed it.  His associate Mr. Eb, who was quarry master at the time, suggested the red desert area as a good source of needed stone.  The recent drought uncovered a lot of surface stone and ores in that area that could fill the need until a proper quarry was put into operation.

Riverboat Junction was a very old town, in fact, the oldest town in Smallville's world.  It was a bit rundown and overcrowded with workers, and there was trouble with pirates to the east and northeast.  Wavery and I wanted a safe place to raise a family, we wanted a fresh start.  We were 1 of 6 families to come here to start a quarry town.  We named it Red Rock.

It was difficult traveling, we had 7 young children and a herd of dairy cows with us.  Once we settled into our homes we cleared a field to plant peas, built a pasture for the cows, and started building a school.  One of the girls became an adult before it was completed.  The area was recovering from the severe drought, there were now trees, thatch, wild flowers, and wild foods, many we had never seen before.  There were herds of deer and other wild animals and birds.  In late autumn we even found nests of eggs as well as plenty of deadwood for our cookfires.  By the end of that first year our storage barn was filled and 5 new babies had been born.  Our son Skylan was one of them.  We had high hopes that our town and our families would thrive here.

RedKetchup

LOL @ Mr Red and Mr Eb ^^  ;D

how comes the 3200+ venison in barely 10 month ?

embx61

:) Probably because of those two mods or one of them? Hunting & Gathering, Hunting Season.

I not know the mods but probably hunters kill more deer or so?

Now see where the story going to take us :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]