News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adriana's Library v 1.0 - Redketchup (Preview)

Started by RedKetchup, October 09, 2014, 04:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

as i said on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/BanishedNationGuild/,  i made it a big bigger, anyways the design (doors, windows, the feel and looking of the building) felt a little tiny when we were looking at building next to it. so instead of 8x6: it is now 10x7(6 + 1 the road).
and i am turning it into a HighSchool/College/University whatever the name. i will put 100 students which is 5x schools. i ll ask 3 teachers, fully staffed, not allowed to put less. it will be 33.3 students per teacher. the design and look of the building goes well with the idea of College.

i have another building made, just have to maybe play with the skin and make it similar, but much smaller which will fit with the library idea (4x4 or 4x6 or 6x6 around that). it will generate an happiness circle, and thats all. wont cost alot, and wont be too big. just another building that look different with the vanilla buildings.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

So if I understand what you are saying, the code would not allow you to create another population based happiness building. Is it similar to the resource cap where you can't have more than coal or iron, but must get rid of one or the other if you want clay?
I think your lovely building will make a fine large school, so plan B sounds good to me if you cannot make the game do what you want it to do.

RedKetchup

i think there is an hidden part hard-coded in the game. i tried to make like those:

{ String _name = "StudentCount";      String _text = "@0 students"; }
      { String _name = "PatientCount";      String _text = "@0 patients"; }
      { String _name = "ChapelCount";         String _text = "@0 members"; }
      { String _name = "GraveCount";         String _text = "@0 of @1 graves"; }

by telling my own LibraryStringTable:
      { String _name = "LibraryCount";      String _text = "@0 members"; }

then in my template i have of course:
AttendanceDescription attendance
{
   int _maxCitizens = 300;
}

and
ControlUIConfig workButtonConfig
{
   ObjectType _type = AttendanceComponent;
   int _controlId = 0;
}

i have my own UI:
      {
         ObjectType _type = AttendanceUI;
         ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/LibraryAttendance.rsc:library";
         String _insertAt = "userButton1";
      }
      {
         ObjectType _type = WorkPlaceUI;
         ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/LibraryWork.rsc:workPlace";
         String _insertAt = "userTitle0";
      }

(my own Library attendance and my own library work. and connected every little things with it .... but it's like the @0 part is only counted hard-coded, and dont count the number and stay at 0.)

rkelly17

It certainly looks like @0 and @1 are variables which the program is getting from some counter. I wonder whether StudentCount, PatientCount, ChapelCount and GraveCount are the only available counters for this sort of thing (there are obviously others to count population and production, etc.). Did the Little Chapel use ChapelCount? It seems unlikely that the programming for the counters is available through the mod kit.

Bobbi

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on October 10, 2014, 09:34:13 AM
Well, that's all greek to me. But good luck!

Actually ancient Greek isn't all that bad once you get past the fact that it has three voices rather than two and an extra tense.   ;D

Can't comment on modern Greek.

Pangaea

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 10, 2014, 07:32:27 AM
It certainly looks like @0 and @1 are variables which the program is getting from some counter. I wonder whether StudentCount, PatientCount, ChapelCount and GraveCount are the only available counters for this sort of thing (there are obviously others to count population and production, etc.). Did the Little Chapel use ChapelCount? It seems unlikely that the programming for the counters is available through the mod kit.

I suspect this is true, and that the available counters are somewhat hardcoded and that we can't assign our own ones - similar to what appears to be the problem with new limits. The code looks right and sensible to me, but if there is a limitation we don't know about and can't work around, then perhaps it's not possible to implement new stuff like this :(

slink

Well, it kind of makes sense.  He said we were not going to be able to affect the AI of the Banished Ones.  Their happiness depends on having enough of certain types of things.  If we make new types of things, then the Banished Ones would not know why they wanted those.  So, we cannot make them.

It is disappointing, though.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 10, 2014, 03:57:32 PM
Well, it kind of makes sense.  He said we were not going to be able to affect the AI of the Banished Ones.  Their happiness depends on having enough of certain types of things.  If we make new types of things, then the Banished Ones would not know why they wanted those.  So, we cannot make them.

Which would make them fairly typical modern consumers. We don't know why we want it, but we really, really want it.  ;D

Pangaea

One of the main reasons I hate ads and commercials. It's basically lies and tricks to get people to buy something they don't really need.

Can we build your library in real life too, @RedKetchup;D

Mahnogard

If I'm reading this right, though it can't be part of a new happiness source, could it be used as a supplement to or instead of the chapel? By that, I mean on the backend it's just another chapel but the strings on the front end call it something else? Would that work?

Fellow Villager

another great mod..why don't you introduce paper maker? it could be produced from logs

RedKetchup

my next (and maybe last) mod is about : book .... and probably paper making .. ink making... and books hand made... inside a big monestary :)

and yeah we cant create a new happiness... or a new attendance... or any new flags ...

Bobbi

NOOOO you can't retire. What about your cute little houses?

RedKetchup

my cute little house ? nobody were satisfied of the draws i made, nobody liked the colors.... the textures.... while they were super cute and nice looking :(
everybody critictized those :S