News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis de la Rive

So I did the research and found many examples of mud brick textures, some images are small, but the color comes out well, others give you an idea of what I mean by ruff surfaces. The color depends on the original material, so there are many choices that can be used, and as I wrote above brick size can also be used to vary the textures.

I found the basic color pallet, which I have also included. I found a nice web site that explains the meaning of each color, if you need that.

http://www.mummies2pyramids.info/art-architecture/color-meanings.htm

Here are the images:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHkvl_n1VXXd3ZJTXNCNm44Rms/view?usp=sharing

Always happy to help.  :)

AzemOcram

Sorry if this question has already been asked but how inspired are you by Tilted Mill's Pharaoh II: Children of the Nile?

RedKetchup

none. i played that game 20 years ago ... so that's far lol.
i tried to replay it 2 years ago but the graphics gave me a bad headache ^^ so i deleted after 10mins ^^

for the detail lovers .....

is there enough details for you ? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

AzemOcram

I really like the look of your mod so far but don't forget that the wealthy Egyptians had shining white limestone, bright paints, and cloth while the poorest Egyptians lived in mud brick hovels. Most of your buildings seem to be sandstone ("lower middle class"). As ugly as Children of the Nile is, it still approximates ancient Egypt to the best of its graphical abilities. Your mod could be the best depiction of ancient Egypt if you included F-variants with quality textures with similar color schemes to CotN.

Bobbi

Quotefor the detail lovers .....

is there enough details for you

I feel like I need suntan lotion now..... ;)

RedKetchup

yeah those are 'common' residence..... there will be 'Noble' *** residences, bigger, more luxury, probably more colorful

edit: fixed typo

Ogedei

Whoa. Looks amazing! Have you looked at the classic "Pharaoh" and "Children of the Nile" city builders also? You can base your models off of what's there too. :)

RedKetchup

gerns

fantastic work red . can't wait to get my hands on it ;D

MightyCucumber

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 30, 2016, 02:38:55 PM
for the detail lovers .....

is there enough details for you ? ^^

This is my favourite building so far! *.* I imagine downtown egyptian streets being full of random objects everywhere (with crates, cartwheels, vendors, etc. all arround you) and the temple area with all the high society being a bit more organized and dull, with less things cluttered all over the place.

Also, remember that most egyptian houses were not that square-ish, and were more rounder around the edges (because they were made with clay and adobe and other less durable materials). Like this: https://www.google.pt/search?q=egyptian+barn&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjd_sWDqtXKAhWJfRoKHXuiANIQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=egyptian+houses&imgrc=_

Realy nice work Red, this is looking up to be awesome! ;P

RedKetchup

roundish corner are hard to do and polygon eaters ^^

will see :P

---------------------------------

whats about that thing ?? ? hahaha
:) it is a special K :)

chillzz

Woah! nice @RedKetchup :o  interesting theme for a new mod!
looks very promising!

lol @ stargate
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i know news are slow since couple of days .... it is because i am learning alot lately (at the side of ShockPuppet)  ;D
presently redoing all my common houses....

but i did a little test on something....
to see if my idea was good.... it gives ... a certain nice look :)

Bobbi