Main Menu

irrelevant: Bald Hills: uneducated isolation, and now, toolless

Started by irrelevant, March 18, 2015, 07:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

irrelevant

Year 108

We don't need no stinking tools. ;)

The only adjustments I've made so far have been to build a couple more choppers, three more tailors (tailors' output seems to be halved without tools), and to double up the number of farmers, including at orchards.

Hunters seem to be unaffected by being toolless. I developed a large surplus of leather because the tailors weren't producing.

Nilla

irrelevant

Built a single tavern, and I have been watching as random villagers go to the tavern, drink a single unit of ale, and then go on about their business. I'm starting to suspect that maybe ale functions for happiness in much the same way that herbs do for health.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on April 11, 2015, 06:55:33 AM
Built a single tavern, and I have been watching as random villagers go to the tavern, drink a single unit of ale, and then go on about their business. I'm starting to suspect that maybe ale functions for happiness in much the same way that herbs do for health.

Maybe having no tools leaves more time for drinking?  ;D

irrelevant

Hm, a lesson to carry over into real life, I'm thinking  :D

kee

This got me thinking a bit the other way: How small a village can be made sustainable with no outside interference? As you' ve demonstrated the banishims can do without school, tools and trade. With enough firewood they can go unclothed as well so the challenge is to get enough food and a stable population that neither grows nor sinks into geriatrification. How few would it take?
Kim Erik