News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Woah we got 1.0.4 beta ??? Edit: MOD TOOLS !!!

Started by RedKetchup, August 25, 2014, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivorymalinov

@slink  I too was running into the same problem as you. What worked for me was doing everything you have done but instead of just running the BuildResource one, I also ran the BuildExamples. Whether this was what was causing my problem or not I don't know but the mod kit suddenly began to work after that.

slink

Hm.  Thanks @ivorymalinov, but running that batch file gives me similar errors.  After saying "no" to the debugger each time, I ran buildresource.bat again and eventually began to get errors about a non-existent Save directory under WinData.  After I created the missing Save directory, I ran all it again with all of the errors and got Access Denied for the Save directory.

It may be a permissions problem, although that doesn't explain why I got an allocation error and an "out of tags" error, whatever that means.

Edit:  That was it.  I had to run the command prompt in admin mode.

RedKetchup

re-do everything, and unzip everything in a dir without a space like c:\BanishedKit

download those 2 runtimes :
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

copy your WinData dir ( along with data0.pkg and data1.pkg inside ) in your new c:\BanishedKit\Bin

Open your command prompt and change directory to the toolkit. (C:\BanishedKit) by typing: cd banishedkit

type and launch buildresources.bat when it s done you can build your examples: type and launch: buildexamples.bat

if you want to see the changes and your examples you need to launch : C:\BanishedKit\Bin\Application-x64-profile.exe or the x32. once the game launched, you go in => MOD and check the X box to enable them, you should see them turn green. then create a new game. if you launch a previous save game, make sure to return in MOD and check if its loaded.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on August 28, 2014, 08:40:27 AM
Okay, I need some help here.  I ran BuildResource and got a pile of data files, with some errors which I ignored at the time.  Now, when I attempt to build the distributed apiary, I get an error for a missing png file.  I deleted everything and recopied the files to the place I thought I was instructed to put them.  I ran BuildResource and once again I get errors, and all for the png files.  What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded and installed DirectX 9 End User RunTime and Visual Studio 2012 Redist.

I made a backup copy of the game directory and then updated the game.  It is in C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished.  It runs properly and displays 1.04 Beta as the version.

Then I created C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\BanishedKit and placed the contents of the kit into that directory. 

I copied WinData from C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished to C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\BanishedKit\bin.

I opened a command prompt and changed directory to C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\BanishedKit.

Then I executed BuildResource.  Below is what happens.  Can anyone help me?

You copied the .pkg files from the game data directory?
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

See post two up.  Everything began working correctly when I ran the command prompt as the admin.  Thanks all.

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on August 28, 2014, 07:07:41 PM
See post two up.  Everything began working correctly when I ran the command prompt as the admin.  Thanks all.

That was my next question!  Glad to hear it's working.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

Hurrah!  My little people are drinking mead, although it's called Ale but since it is made from honey it really is mead, and if any future farmers die unexpectedly it will be because they have been crushed in a crop circle.

mariesalias

nmid

@RedKetchup thanks for the writeup! I didn't get to play the mod this weekend, but it was good to read about it.