News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Error Message Help!

Started by angainor88, June 03, 2022, 05:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

I am working on a mod, and am having problems. When the bannies are building the "Elfreth Corner House", it crashes as soon as the final stage is built. It's not consistent about it, and everything worked perfectly before I added the F variants. I'm hoping someone has seen this error before, and can tell me what I'm missing.

Error message is: Assert IslandA >= 0 && islandB >= 0 islands not valid

I'm linking the mod and the model below, and have attached an image of the error message.

Thank you for any help!

kid1293

As you can see in the picture, I could not find any error.
I had to edit the Package-file, though. Some Moroccan leftovers.

The mod is fine! (I tested 3 times)

(don't forget to remove links) :)

angainor88

Thank you for testing for me! It must just be something with my computer then, because I have no idea why it was crashing.

I'll do some more tests tonight, and hopefully it will work ok.

kid1293

I tested again, just to be sure. No problems here :)

angainor88

Well, damn, I am still getting this problem. I am hoping that it will work when I've finished it but bleh, it makes it hard to test.

Thank you for bug hunting with me!

Tom Sawyer

I think I've seen this island error message back then. Wanted to look at your mod but no link. :)

angainor88

Sorry @Tom Sawyer !

I'm re-adding them below. I have an updated (but still buggy version).

[edited to remove links]

angainor88

I'll also add that I can place the buildings with debug and it works fine. It's only when the bannies build them that it crashes.

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for the download. I also get crashes with this message while building the house and switching to final stage, but only sometimes. Looks like a pathing issue happening in certain cases when pathbits are applied / the building gets done.

After cleaning up points in your fbx, it did not crash anymore building all 32 variants in a row. I removed use_002 and moved use_001 to an accessible position on the road in front of the house at (0,-3), build points also moved to the road at (-2,-3) and (2,-3). In general, the game can handle bad points and people just go there through forbidden tiles but it might make problems. So I always put use-, create- and build-points on accessible tiles defined in map section. Hopefully that solves it not only in my test. :)

kid1293

Thanks @Tom Sawyer
I have stumbled on similar problems. I also put the points on free tiles.
It is a very annoying bug.

angainor88

Thank you @Tom Sawyer! That was the fix I was missing.

It feels weird to have never encountered this bug before, especially early in modding, when I had no idea what I was doing lol.