News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on October 16, 2018, 05:22:34 PM
Can't wait to see how it looks

so i did added the white pines... but i dont like it ^^ i find the trunks are too big, too few needles.... no offense Bro :)
so i am presently editing the mesh. thinning the trunk by 30%, put smaller the branches by 40%, then taking each planes and respread them out.... i deleted 600 poly of planes at the end (deleted around 50 x 2Dplanes)

and the first model will look like this now:

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Necora

None taken mate. I was going to tidy up the models anyway at some point and add a few more.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on October 17, 2018, 04:51:51 AM
None taken mate. I was going to tidy up the models anyway at some point and add a few more.

great ! because you are doing good !!!

Jaamesy

Hi guys!

I was just wondering if this is compatible with Megamod 8.01?

Thanks ^^

littlelamb

Hello all
Do we need any other versions of this mod installed?
Would CC be a problem with this mod?

Thankyou

brads3

you only need 1 version of RK or RK lite. as for working with CC,that will depend more on your computer having enough power. the MM especially will need lot of ram.if you want the wild animals of the RK,you will need to use it above the CC.other features of the RK won't work with it below the CC. you may want the compatability 1.07 mod between the RK and CC. it might help with the CC included my precious pieces.

littlelamb

Thanks brads3 for the reply

I think I will forgo CC. I have just tries RK and It looks great.
Is it OK to use the mods like - Ducks as Livestock, Goats as Live Stock. iseefire. Horse and Wagon

From playing with CC I have found that even though some of the mods used to show in red that they were still working in the game.

I do have an excellent game computer - specifically made to play games on. So it has heaps of ram

Can you please give more information on wheat MM , Do you would recommend using it wit RK

embx61

Most mods which show red are working together.
The red warning is just a sign some files between mods are shared.

The Community Toolbar gets shared in about 90% of all mods for example :)
But also a lot of RawMaterial Files are shared between Mods and it will be fine.

If you play RK Ed Choice you not need the live stock as they are included in that Mod.

Lots of stuff will work with other big mods as CC but there can be some issues as well.
Some stuff from Red's RK Ed Choice is all ready included in the Mega Mod.

Lots probably get overwritten if you put the RK above Mega Mod but if a texture is changed or given a different name by Red in a RK and Mega Mod not have that change yet included crashes can occur if that building is build in the save and you load that save with the newer RK EC Mod. Mostly there can be issues with the toolbars as well like double icons.

Modding is constantly evolving and many updates are made, the Mega Mod is several versions of some mods behind I think.
Mods which are not included in the Mega Mod can most probably run together with MM there are no older versions of that mod in MM.

The Mega Mod is designed to technically just run by itself as many mods are included.

I would just forgo Mega Mod and put a list of Mods together by yourself as it will save you a lot of headaches.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

littlelamb

Thankyou embx61, Your reply clears up a lot of things for me.

embx61

Well, to be fair, it is my personal opinion.

Other players might disagree with running MM and a lot of other Mods.
brads3 maybe will, but he is a bit masochistic and spent hour after hour after hour etc etc etc. fiddling with tons of mods loaded together to try to make it work all together.

But because of that he is one of those who can give huge help on load orders and stuff. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: littlelamb on November 04, 2018, 05:30:52 PM
Is it OK to use the mods like - Ducks as Livestock, Goats as Live Stock. iseefire. Horse and Wagon

hello as @embx61  and @brads3  said. *animals* as Livestock are included in RKEC, it is there they have been offered first, then people asked them as standalones, and i did it.

you can add ISeeFire and Horse&Wagon without any problem :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jaamesy on November 04, 2018, 03:00:13 PM
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if this is compatible with Megamod 8.01?

Thanks ^^

as @brads3 said, yes, but you need a very big computer, i suggest not start a XL Huge map though, it takes more than 21 GB of ram and the game is limited to 20GB.

brads3

yes,EB i would recommend against the MM,megamod. i think a new player would be very overwhelmed and confused with it. new players are better starting with the vanilla and figure out what they are missing, then add to it. my concern with the MM is how much the CC team has to do for so many mods to work together. it is like 100 worms all thrown together.the team has worked out a lot of bugs over the years for that huge mod to work. the RK brings many of the production chains and is much easier to manage.lot less confusing.

for starting, out new players are better with the RK and getting used to the game play. once they have figured out the basic functions and how to survive,they will develop their own play style. then they will have an idea of what mod they wish they had or what they think the game is missing.   i also hope new players take some time to check out the town blogs. there is tons of info mixed into all the writing me,ABANDONED,NILLA,and others have done.each of us have our own style and likes.

EB,i have not hit the mod limit others have i must be behind... ::)

embx61

I understand @brads3

Indeed BL did a lot of work on the Mega Mod.

But it must be a nightmare to keep updating with all the released new stuff but even more importantly all the updates.

I updated the Village Set for example at least 8 times the last few months.
While most stuff will still work with the older updates texture and toolbar changes can create problems if a newer version of a mod is used with Mega Mod which contains an older version of that Mod.

The idea of the Mega Mod was a valid one at the moment but I honestly think at this time there is no way in hell BL can keep up with the many new releases and many updates.

I struggle myself sometimes with just the unified mod and that is what 1/10 of the Mega Mod.
I was close at abandoning that Mod but as I dedicated it to my wife as it contains about everything I ever made I keep updating it but it can be a real pain in the neck at times. :)