News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small mod request: Micro Foresters

Started by Gatherer, November 03, 2018, 04:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

If any of you fine modders find some spare time among your other work and RL would it be possible to create a small set of 3 micro foresters?

First: diameter 11
Second: diameter 7
Third: diameter 5

All with a small flag double bannie height as a central marker and costing 1 log.

Would this flag model work ok?

https://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=16f25c3b

:)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Hi @Gatherer ! :)

I could see myself doing this instead of ships. Ships not so funny right now.

Micro Foresters 5, 7 and 11 per request  :D

Under vanilla toolbar resources.

edit - look further down for new version

Gatherer

Thanks for the quick work. Judging by the picture you actually took the proposed numbers as a radius and not diameter. Any chance for the correct diameter? From one end of the circle to the other: 11, 7 and 5 tiles.
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Ooops. I was thinking to quick. I am sorry. I can only fill integer of radius.
Meaning - the diameter will always be doubled.  5 7 11 is not possible.
I can go for 6 8 12 but I have to make new icons and I am kind of busy right now.
Later today! Promise.

Gatherer

No rush. :)

Didn't know that about radius/diameter. Another limitation of the game. For a non-modder all that has been created post-Luke seems like magic to me. Thank you for your hard work and thanks to other modders as well.
Fiat panis.

kid1293

No worry. It was an easy change but I had put my head in off-mode :)

Here are new numbers 3,4 and 6 (means 6,8,12 in diameter)

It works and I think it is a fun addition.

Gatherer

Thank you very much. It will come handy on small areas and in towns.

;D Happy dance. ;D
Fiat panis.

adelegarland

Oh Wow, Little Parks in the middle of town!   
You guys are geniuses!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Kristahfer

Really like the micro forester idea.

Will the Micro Forester still be able to spawn additional resources as the regular Forester does?

kid1293

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on November 03, 2018, 03:32:22 PMRegular trees - regular spawns

Yep, good idea... I always put a "town forester", but their growth is rather uncontrolled... This will help plenty for parks and such  8)

Side question: It seems to me that if we use any (start condition) trees like i.e. Red's new fir trees, and then add another mod's forester - that new forester will only plant the "old" trees, none of the "new" ones...?

Actually, I'd prefer to be able to advise my foresters what kind of trees to plant - fir or oak or birch...

Maybe you could make a small suite of override mod(s) that specify what kind of trees are planted on a map... that would be cool  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on November 06, 2018, 12:37:11 PM

Side question: It seems to me that if we use any (start condition) trees like i.e. Red's new fir trees, and then add another mod's forester - that new forester will only plant the "old" trees, none of the "new" ones...?

Actually, I'd prefer to be able to advise my foresters what kind of trees to plant - fir or oak or birch...

Maybe you could make a small suite of override mod(s) that specify what kind of trees are planted on a map... that would be cool  ;)

in my case , it will plant only the vanilla ones. all my other trees are under another file because i am waiting @ShockPuppet  tell me whats wrong with my trees animation.
last talked he asked for a simple so he can check... and gave him the link to download, but he sisnt logged ON on his website since then.

so all my trees are on another file because vanilla has anims, i dont have. i would need to shut down the vanilla tree anims.

furthermost, to have his forester to plant my trees... he needs the files too. unless you place RKEC on top.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

my understanding is what trees are planted is controlled by the individual  mod.this gives us a variety of trees and foods.you can add the  pine forests.you have 3 options,maple and appples,pines,and some vanilla.each with different foods and outputs. RED keeps tweaking so these forests continue to change both looks and foods collected.

we have some options also for the growth of the trees the dense forest and the forever tree mod. RED made some change to the coding in his last update to the RK that caused some of those other mods not to function normally.these offsets happen when another mod is added with the RK to mod orders.since the last banished upgrade to the 1.07,we have 3way conflicts. any 2 mods work but adding the 3 at once causes issues. these are hard to find when they happen. adding the pine,RK,and foreever tree mod causes problems with food gathering.any 2 of those mods will work together without issue. just a new weird conflict that i have seen a couple times.i always call it the forever tree mod,it is actually the immortal tree mod.

i dont think an override would work.i think it would take all the modders using the same tree resource codes.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 06, 2018, 01:26:31 PMall my other trees are under another file

Okay, I wait till you figured it out...  ;)

Quote from: brads3 on November 06, 2018, 01:35:56 PMthis gives us a variety of trees and foods.you can add the  pine forests.you have 3 options,maple and appples,pines,and some vanilla.

Oh my, you throw so much in there...  :)
I like it simple... I'd be perfectly happy to use only e.g. Red's new firs - with the one condition that all my foresters use only that one tree (model). I don't really need 10 different kinds of trees in my small towns, or 20 different spawns for every plant, and so on...

Unfortunately I can't load CC on my current setup, but I do remember they had new (smaller) pine trees and you could sort of control what the foresters produce... anyway, I can wait for Red's findings, it's not pressing on my side  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]