News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #1: Most People Inside a Market Radius

Started by solarscreen, May 30, 2014, 02:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Ok village builders, here goes the first of many challenges to come!  A new group will be created and called Champions or something ego boosting like that and a private board just for Champs to converse and receive special news, offerings, and bonuses as they become available will be made visible.  As well, a new board will be created called Winners Circle where challenge winners will have their winning entries immortalized.

As well as status, future contests may also come with a prize such as Steam games or GoG games and who knows what else!

Now for the Challenge:

Build your village and place a market. ALL people MUST live inside the market radius. At no time should any houses exist completely outside the radius.  a corner can TOUCH the radius but no portion of the living space can be on or over the line.  Work type structures, Fields, and orchards can all be outside the radius, but NO HOUSES outside. Screen caps can be posted all week, taunting challengers and amazing forum lurkers, and a winner will be crowned. Your final save file will be required to validate your winning village.

Posting will be disabled in this thread at midnight June 6th GMT/UTC.

Let the challenge BEGIN!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

salamander

I doubt I'd be competitive, but it sounds interesting.

Do you have any restrictions in mind for starting settings?

Bobbi

Demonocracy

I'll try to get this going.  I've been wrapped up in work lately and haven't had much time for Banished (or anything else leisurely) at all. : (

solarscreen

mariesalias

Interesting challenge. Is the point to see how high a population we can get?

I will try it because I enjoy the challenges a lot, even if i am bad about posting my results/screenshots. :D    Do we get to be champions even if we don't win anything? ;P

nmid

slink

I've already restarted once, and now have to again.  It's rough, building both a school and a market before building even one house.  Not to mention acquiring food for the next year.   ;D

rkelly17

After reading @slink's post I'm wondering whether I understood the rules or not. I sited the market and put construction on pause, then built some houses just inside the circle, then built the market. Is that permissible?

What I'm building is going to make @Demonocracy's "Slum Lord" town look like a workers' paradise.

salamander

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 31, 2014, 08:06:35 AM
What I'm building is going to make @Demonocracy's "Slum Lord" town look like a workers' paradise.

;D I hadn't thought of that.  Could @Demonocracy be the inspiration for this challenge?

solarscreen

Quote from: salamander on May 31, 2014, 08:15:08 AM

;D I hadn't thought of that.  Could @Demonocracy be the inspiration for this challenge?

Better get busy then because my village is looking shack-tacular!

slink

How about @rkelly's question?  Are we permitted to build houses before we have a market built?

Demonocracy

I think I'll provide you some stiff competition!

Quote from: salamander on May 31, 2014, 08:15:08 AM

A challenge for slum-building?  I can't imagine that it wasn't inspired by my slumlording.  : )

Kaldir

Quote from: slink on May 31, 2014, 08:30:17 AM
How about @rkelly's question?  Are we permitted to build houses before we have a market built?

I would think so. He wrote "Build your village and place a market" which even suggests building houses and then a market. :D   And only your screenshot and final save are needed to win, so no one can see in which order you built.

Good luck everyone. I'm such a slow player and just started a new town, so I'll skip this one. Will be fun seeing all the cramped neighbourhoods with every house 2 parents and 3 kids. And I suppose there will be some swearing and moaning when one of the parents die.

Bobbi

I have started this challenge even though I have not finished "Not quite a challenge" yet. What causes a victory? Most slummy people crammed together? Most beautiful slum? ( ;D) Most population within the circle? Most houses?