News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative Plants

Started by Voeille, May 27, 2018, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

:) sorry for error, v on pkm in windata but not on mod name in game modlist.  It would be nice to have your mods together in the modlist also.   ;D Another way of saying would like more mods.  ;D

Voeille

Does the name affect the mod list too? For me it just puts the new stuff at the top, and then you manually arrange it. Unless you just mean it'd be easier to have the V that looking at the author.

There probably will be more mods :) After I get past mapping a cube that is. Whoever said that making plants is hard never tried a cube!

Abandoned

Yes, when you add a new mod to the game it goes at the top of the list and you can then move it where you want.  Some like myself alphabetize their mod list.  Mine is in 4 sections each alphabetized. Also I believe those who clear the registry end up with the mods alphabetized.  With initials in front of mod name, the modders mods will all be grouped together.  Also a good way to identify whose mod it is. You can see Discrepancy's are DS, Red's are RK, Kid's are Kid.  The naming system was suggested to the modders some time ago and when they updated their mods they added the preface.  It is up to the modder of course.  :)

Voeille

That sounds like a good idea. Might use it for my future mods :)

Abandoned

:) future mods, that has a nice sound to it.  :)

wiscoke

What a great mod this is, thank you!

JM

Very nice, thank you, Mr.Voeille

;D future mods  ;D

Would it be possible to make climbing plants or supporting walls to cover that ugly slope that arises after terraforming?

Voeille

Don't expect a lot or too often, I'm rather slow ;)

I was thinking about ivy, but @kid1293 had a good point that not everything is placed the same on the grid, so it'd just float in the air. I normally cover the slopes with trees and bushes.

Also, I'm a female :) (I don't really care for people misgendering me, it happens a lot on the internet so I'm used to it and it's not a problem, I just mentioned it for clarification.)

rkelly17

@Voeille, it may be just me, but when I place decorative plants from your mod the lighting goes all haywire. Is this a wider experience or am I using the mod wrong? I love the look of the hibiscus and hydrangeas and want to put them all over everywhere. One can never have too much decoration.

Voeille

Do you mean lighting on the plant or in the whole game? Someone mentioned to me that they had the plants casting really huge shadows when using DirectX 11 in the game options.

wiscoke

@Voeille I have this only with the trees. all the rest looks normal. but with the trees , I'll see some kind of 'flashes' all the time. its like the shadows of the trees goes on and off.

Voeille

That's really weird, I did not touch the shadow for trees. They use the same material as hydrangea and hibiscus, so it seems quite strange that only trees are problematic. Does it happen with both kinds of trees?

brads3

shhhh everyone hold your breathe or the trees wi turn pink ike REDs water did.LOL

galensgranny

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 30, 2018, 10:13:38 AM
@Voeille, it may be just me, but when I place decorative plants from your mod the lighting goes all haywire. Is this a wider experience or am I using the mod wrong? I love the look of the hibiscus and hydrangeas and want to put them all over everywhere. One can never have too much decoration.
That happens to me too.  Weird lighting on the map, with grayed out parts and flashing.  It happened with the hydrangea.  I haven't tried the other plants yet.

Voeille

Are you using the DX11 setting in the game? I'm using 9 and it works fine for me.