News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

ChooChoo 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, February 11, 2017, 08:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

My resources are RawMaterialSmokedFish.rsc and RawMaterialSmokedMeat.rsc for the case Red wants to add it to the train.

RedKetchup

at some point i will update it but not before RK Ed complete. A new updated version can even maybe part of RK Ed but i didnt decided anything yet, i didnt totally ruled this out, and i didnt ruled it in neither ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2018, 12:13:12 PM
at some point i will update it but not before RK Ed complete. A new undated version can even maybe part of RK Ed but i didnt decided anything yet, i didnt totally ruled this out, and i didnt ruled it in neither ^^

@RedKetchup, should you ever update the Choo Choo, it would be fun to have the option of older locomotives--those that date from the earliest days of railroads. I love the loco you have, an "American" type that was ubiquitous in the US and Canada from about the 1850s-1880s. I build it after my settlement gets older and bigger. I'm thinking of something earlier that would really give a nice early 19th century feel.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on June 04, 2018, 02:01:05 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2018, 12:13:12 PM
at some point i will update it but not before RK Ed complete. A new undated version can even maybe part of RK Ed but i didnt decided anything yet, i didnt totally ruled this out, and i didnt ruled it in neither ^^

@RedKetchup, should you ever update the Choo Choo, it would be fun to have the option of older locomotives--those that date from the earliest days of railroads. I love the loco you have, an "American" type that was ubiquitous in the US and Canada from about the 1850s-1880s. I build it after my settlement gets older and bigger. I'm thinking of something earlier that would really give a nice early 19th century feel.

thing is : they were free model i found on the internet, building a loco from scratchs.... is extremly lot of work.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2018, 02:06:58 PM
thing is : they were free model i found on the internet, building a loco from scratchs.... is extremly lot of work.

Got to love those free models!!! Yes, building a loco from scratch would be a nasty piece of work. The loco you have is great.

RedKetchup

yes they are, when i saw those and saw how i could make them redo and make them in game... it urged me to do it.
even if i redone them.. i need a model. it was easy to have something in my 3d software to copy. it is alot harder when i only have as source a picture with only 1 take. most often you would need to have an half of dozen point of view which help to figure out a 3D of it.

but at that point , i ll try to search if i can find more models and specially more older models.

Goblin Girl

I wonder if there are people near you, Red, who are into model trains.  Many of them are highly accurate scale replicas, and if there's a model railroad club around, perhaps someone would have an engine they could let you borrow.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Goblin Girl on June 04, 2018, 03:15:37 PM
I wonder if there are people near you, Red, who are into model trains.  Many of them are highly accurate scale replicas, and if there's a model railroad club around, perhaps someone would have an engine they could let you borrow.

i dont have those kind of people near me who loves trains

brads3

too bad you cant pull things from farm simulator with the GE. and transfer it to banished.there were some neat pieces that would work for trains.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on June 04, 2018, 05:48:22 PM
too bad you cant pull things from farm simulator with the GE. and transfer it to banished.there were some neat pieces that would work for trains.

bah sometimes there are some homemade program made some coding genius to open some packs and extract some 3D files...
how they cab their files ? which extension ?

brads3

with the GE and your tutorial videos,i was abe to take buildings or decorative items from different maps and move them. had a 16x map that was a combination of several different map terrains in 1.a Pleasant Valley with the Idaho maountains in 1 corner and the Old Family Farm map in center plus a couple others.it had like 12 different livestock options and  about 15 crop options.half way around it was different trains and stations. the northwest corner was a huge airport with military jeeps,helicopters,and all kinds of planes and blimps.was different unload points all over.had a racetrack,brach,construction zone,and a drive in movie theater. if you took the 4 wheeler to the top of the idaho mountain,you still couldn't see all the way across the map.

was fairly easy to copy stuff out of maps like buildings and decorations. didn't have much luck tweaking vehicles or trailors thou.been a long time since i played the old FS13.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2018, 02:29:36 PM
yes they are, when i saw those and saw how i could make them redo and make them in game... it urged me to do it.
even if i redone them.. i need a model. it was easy to have something in my 3d software to copy. it is alot harder when i only have as source a picture with only 1 take. most often you would need to have an half of dozen point of view which help to figure out a 3D of it.

but at that point , i ll try to search if i can find more models and specially more older models.

One potential source of 3D models might be people who are doing 3D printing for model railroads. A 3D printer requires a detailed 3D CAD to do its work. The problem would be twofold: (1) Has anybody done anything historically appropriate (a modern 4300 hp diesel probably not so good in Banished)? and (2) Should anybody have done such a thing would they let you use it for free? I'll look around and see whether there is anything appropriate out there. There are some recent railroad/transport games, but I'm not sure whether their graphics of early locomotives are harvestable or free. Most of the people who do mods for Transport Tycoon and such games are doing more modern stuff.

Goblin Girl

thingiverse.com has a zillion files for 3d printing, in several formats.  For free.

rkelly17

Quote from: Goblin Girl on June 05, 2018, 02:00:42 PM
thingiverse.com has a zillion files for 3d printing, in several formats.  For free.

Nice reference! I checked and there is someone who did a model of the Stephenson Rocket from 1829. The problem is he did it as a kit of over 20 parts, so there is not a drawing of the entire locomotive, only drawings of each of the 20+ parts. Darn!

RedKetchup

i've watched like 50 images there... they all seems to be "3-4 y old child toy" :S