News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crash while saving

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2017, 08:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Sorry to disappoint you guys! I had no other nomad attraction buildings, unless your small city hall (the nice round red one) attracts nomads. I don't think it does, because I played many years and there were never nomads arriving to that building.

Abandoned

I only had the problem once.  I like the tiny well because you get a few nomads soon, and don't need town hall and market.  There was no problem with the well and mission nomad church as long as I did try to take away the well.  Nomads came to one or the other sometimes both at the same time.  There is a mod on CC site Many Town Arrival so you can build more than one arrival, and another Town Arrival Nomads that attract nomads with only a trading post (no market needed)  Have not tried either mod yet.

purringcat

My game normally never crashes.   But the last two games I've used the tiny well and the game (and PC) crashed even tho I hadn't removed it.    I wasn't at my PC at the time so don't know if there was a message or not.   Didn't connect the crashes to the well until I read this thread.   

kid1293

What do you think?
Shall I remove the well?
I seems as if there are several other ways to attract nomads.
I have to check the code again.

kid1293

Ican not make it crash. Have tested again. Does it take long time?
The only thing I can think of is that I squeezed the numbers too tight.
I wanted them every year.
Maybe the game has no time to 'reset' before next batch is on the way.

Here is a version of Tiny with the old town hall numbers for nomads.
I don't remember releasing the well alone.
Nothing else is changed.
If you want you can test. If this solves the problem I will update download.
Tiny with old numbers - to test with

Nominix

Just to add a few more results

I have not been able to crash the game or get any noticeable bugs by just using the well. I have ran it until year 47 with no issues, repeatedly removing the well and adding it back in. For me its only when I start introducing other attractors and removing the well that I get bugs and crashes.

kid1293

As I said I have changed the numbers quite a bit.
Can it be that Luke has only one set of variables for handling the nomads?
If one attractor tells one ting and the other says another value -
when removing the well maybe the numbers remains as some global variables.
Just rambling, but it is sad that this happened.

Do anyone have problems with my mission church? I edited the values.

Does load order play a roll?

Nominix

I havent tried yet with your adjusted numbers and getting ready to head to the airport and will be out of town for a few days. So if it hasnt been resolved by the time I return Ill run a few more tests if you need. GL with it.

RedKetchup

talking about nomads....

a crash fix has been added in last patch..

QuoteChanges for Banished build 170212

- Added Custom0..9 resource flags and resource limits. Modified UI that uses these accordingly to be able to use them.
- Fixed a bug cause by towm hall deletion while nomads are in route

dunno if can help
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

I found that my crash when saving was due to a funky Autosave file.
I closed the game, deleted the Autosave (from your saves folder) and restarted.
Once the game was running smoothly I then Exited fully, then restarted again, then reloaded the last good save of my map.
Resaved that, to the current date & time.
Closed Banished and rebooted.

I reboot after each process so I know it's working correctly :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

@kid1293 I haven't had any crashes related to your mod, or your nomad well, I was getting them every December and they would boost each time due to the %% of the villagers already ingame. 

I do have odd CTDs if I touch a UI box in the wrong spot, my field of the UI is very different too, but that's for another thread.

Read my previous post for possible crash issues and how I resolved mine, if it wasn't for the incorrect UI access.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2017, 10:30:08 PM
talking about nomads....

a crash fix has been added in last patch..

QuoteChanges for Banished build 170212

- Added Custom0..9 resource flags and resource limits. Modified UI that uses these accordingly to be able to use them.
- Fixed a bug cause by towm hall deletion while nomads are in route

dunno if can help

Exactly that!