News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Mod Kit and Resource Limits

Started by Necora, February 13, 2017, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Hi All,

I see we have a new game update (Beta) and a new mod kit with the resource limits etc.

I can't download at the moment, stuck in a blizzard. Has anyone given it a go yet? How much has changed in the Mod kit?

Hopefully the new toolbars still work...

Any thoughts on resource limits?

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i just woke up :P barely got time to take a slip of coffee ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2017, 09:32:03 PM
i just woke up :P barely got time to take a slip of coffee ^^
Haha, coffee fixes everything :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i am in the process to update a new build for everything ^^ with the 1.0.7 toolkit.

i didnt set special specific resource flags .... but when there is a storage (like Country Little House...) i update them to be able to use these Custom0..9 flags if happends we get game resources items that are specifically flagged with these :)

of course, they will use the New Community MODs Toolbar :)

while updating all my mods... i tried to add a little thing to it to justify the upgrade version ^^

mod done :

Country Little House v 2.1 (added custom0..9 storage capacity)
Colorful Boston House v 2.0 (added + 1 color - light blue as 7th color available)
I See Fire v 1.0 (no major upgrade done, only the use of my new Decoration toolbar)
Ketchup Inc. v 1.2 (changed the crop icon for tomato - for a white one. less aggresive icons generally)
Plimouth Houses 1.2 (updated firewood graphics in front of houses with better look)
Wooden Butcher 1.2 (no major upgrade done, few tweaks. It use now my new food toolbar)
Firewood Storage 1.1 (no major upgrade done, few tweaks in icons. It use now my new storage toolbar) <= gonna have to do some unghosted.
Tiny Small Barns 2.0 ( made 2 totally new buildings. tweaks also some numbers)

QueryEverything

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 14, 2017, 12:54:17 AM
Sounds great @RedKetchup :D

warning though ... they arent posted yet ^^

i wish if we could get a new MOD Garage for the 1.0.7 Mods ^^ ( Mod discussions 1.0.7 and Mod download 1.0.7 sections)

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I think 2 new sections on the forum for discussions and download for 1.0.7 is an excellent idea.  I was hoping the mods would be divided up first into modulars before the new resource patch went into effect but I guess that is not going to happen.  Oh well.  So players choice is play Banished as is with downloaded mods as is with no more new mods, or download Banished patch and download all the updated mods and arrange the mod list.  ???

RedKetchup

banished patch 1.0.7 beta will 100% fully play mods made 1.0.6 so there is not a problem
you must giving us time to update our mods (if the moddler really want to set them all with a new build + maybe updated with some extra)
???

Abandoned

Time is the thing.  Too much time and effort for a dying game.  I think this is all too little too late.  Luke finally gives an update to look like a good developer because he's making a new game.  Black Liquid is making a new game.  Then there is that one discussed in other games section.  (All needing better computers or video cards probably)  How soon before Banished is Abandoned by modders?   

The new Banished patch mainly benefits CC, but adds bigger info boxes and town hall info for all.  Plus all new icons.  Will we be able to see the game screen if we find time to "play" the game?

Sorry for being so negative but "been there, done that", "been there, done that", "been there done that". 

Thanks for all the great mods.

RedKetchup

i dont think it is a dying game ....

we get mods like crazy ... the number of people in the forum ( here and CC has double if you compare 6 months ago ... ) maybe you are at your last miles.... but not sure about everyone.

pretty sure the info boxes can be split in 2 .... and have another similar window with the customs and only show it up if you want too , or not :P
townhall ? i didnt checked yet the new town hall....

brb

RedKetchup

lol

An Error Has Occurred!
You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal messages per hour.

> _ <

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on February 14, 2017, 05:09:11 AMToo much time and effort for a dying game.

What makes you say that? I remember you saying that you haven't even tried most of the released mods yet?  ;)

I see a small but popular game, new players every day, new modders joining in, "old" modders creating break-throughs and fresh themes again and again, a dev who may seem slow but has released a good dozen betas, patches and releases over time (last of them yesterday) and obviously still follows the community, which (most importantly) is an enthusiastic community with plenty good ideas...

And why would the latest patch only benefit BL? Everybody can use the new toys...  :)

Looking forward to many more mods, ideas and much alive discussions... and many more hours of playing and creating journals with Banished  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Tom Sawyer

I think it has some truth in it but the game will only die if we let it die. At the moment it does not look like this.

kid1293

Did a quick file compare on the new ModKit and the old.

2 missing icons added
1 missing texture-rsc added
small text issue in StringTable fixed
error on my side

debug-mode enabled by default in Toolbar.rsc

That's all. The rest are in the binary files.
added 9 custom limits
memory allocation fixed
nomad attractor causing crash fixed