News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

RedKetchup

so basically, you only use corn and bean in all your map ? pretty much ? i think we kind need a fix to make all the seeds same :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Yes. I think I'll buy wheat seed next time it shows up. Based on the numbers, it's better to grow than corn. I need to give it another try.

I think the different growing times have their use. Some crops would work much better than beans on a harsh map. Beans get devastated by early cold or a late freeze.

irrelevant

Autumn 45 - pop 1375

Screen 1 - I love farms!

Screen 2 - Merchants departing with their firewood, tools, coats, their ale and their orders.

Screen 3 - Newport expansion

RedKetchup

with all those farms covering all your sight... how you only have 119k food ? ^^

irrelevant

Lots of those farms have only been in production for a year or two. Before that for 3-4 years I'd been concentrating on building up Newport, and my mouths to feed got out ahead of my farmers  ;) Now I'm back to making farms again, going to fill up the western area similar to what I've done on the eastern side.

Screen 1 - Farm markets expanding behind Newport, agriculture supporting industry.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 30, 2014, 06:11:35 PM
Screen 1 - I love farms!

Holy agricultural extravaganza, Batman. That's a lotta farms.

irrelevant

Early Spring 47 - pop 1501

Last year 44 taverns produced 20,000 ale, an average of 455 per tavern  8)

irrelevant

Late Spring 49 - pop 1716, with 255 nomads requesting citizenship. I want to take them, but I just recently had a big food crisis, three early frosts in a row hit my beans hard. I was gambling with just a single farmer on each bean field, and I got bit.

What it comes down to is, I got excited and was expanding my port/industrial area too fast, and was neglecting my agriculture. If you overemphasize agricultural development, the worst that can happen is that it slows you down. If you overdo industrial OTOH, that can kill you by running you out of food.

Food is good now, this past year I bought every crumb that the merchies brought, but that is unsustainable. I bumped the bean fields all to two farmers and have been expanding farmland as fast as I can. I just don't know if it is enough. I'll probably take them, I need the bodies. But that's for tomorrow, I'm going to sleep on it.

Going forward, for the next few years I'm going to concentrate on expanding my ag base.

Screen 1 - Newport Farm Annex 1

Screen 2 - Newport Farm Annex 2

Screen 3 - The two farm annexes will meet and expand to the west and north (in this screenie that's down left and down right)

irrelevant

Early Autumn 49 - pop 2000

Took the nomads, no disease. Ever since I realized that nomads don't need housing (thanks to @RedKetchup!), it is a much simpler decision whether to take them or not. All you need is food, tools, and coats. Oh, and schools!

Food out the wazoo now.

Screen 1 - Progress at the Newport Farm Annex.

Screen 2 - Early Spring 50, coming together nicely. All 225 nomads housed, all their children in school.

irrelevant

I've seen screencaps of this, but never experienced it myself. :D

I only put that TP there to drag in construction mats. I may have to stock it now!

irrelevant

Late Autumn 50 - pop 2135

Just barely a year has passed since I took the nomads and went crazy with expanding down here; now there's nothing left on pause; guess it's time to lay out more farms 'n stuff (sigh). :P

RedKetchup

yeah the TP on a creek i mentionned it at some point :) if you ll get merchants or not , is a bit random, sometimes it works sometimes not.

you have now 2185 Citizen, alot of the map already colonized.... will you have enough space to hold 5000 ?

irrelevant

Yes, when I get the map full of farms and houses, I'll go back and start turning farms into housing tracts. I won't need all those farms cause I'll be able to trade for mega-food.

I could probably get this map to 6000 or maybe even 7000, if the performance and the job-assignment issues would permit it.

irrelevant

Early Spring 52 - Pop 2285

Newport Farm Annex, Phase II